Graeme Shinnie.....

27 minutes ago, G man said:

I accept Ramadani left just before the window closed in August and bringing someone in at the last minute may have been difficult. To not bring in a Ramadani type player in January is unforgivable.

l firmly believe Cormack and the FMB were complacent thinking we would be in no danger of relegation and let the window close with only one loanee coming in. We are in a real fight now and am not sure we have a squad of players up for the fight. Last night was very similar to Goodwins last game - the only difference was that Hibs were a better team than the St Johnstone team last night.

Any club that has claims on being a professional organisation should have a database of players they can look to bring in when a first team player leaves the club. Scouted replacements that can be approached the same day we accept a bid on our player. 

The whole, "Oh, he's gone... now what?" system we use just seems inefficient. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, anderson72 said:

In the recent past, people where saying Shinnie doesn't have the legs anymore..

Solid today, helped with Barron

Phillips definitely helped take the load off Shinnie's legs. He doesn't seem like he can do much but he can definitely run and get stuck in.

6 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

In the recent past, people where saying Shinnie doesn't have the legs anymore..

Solid today, helped with Barron

I'm one of them. Don't think anyone could say he didn't look like he had them before. That has changed with Barron sitting there back with him and today with Phillips being an energizer bunny and harassing and breaking up and getting forward. 

Shinnie was having to do too much before, and it showed. Now with others complementing him it works.

1 minute ago, a don in oz said:

I'm one of them. Don't think anyone could say he didn't look like he had them before. That has changed with Barron sitting there back with him and today with Phillips being an energizer bunny and harassing and breaking up and getting forward. 

Shinnie was having to do too much before, and it showed. Now with others complementing him it works.

Lol

OR 

You were wrong?

Just now, Millertime said:

Lol

OR 

You were wrong?

No. He has been dogshit this season. Running around like a maniac by himself and getting nowhere fast. Now he has others there in midfield who are putting in the effort so he can concentrate on his game and not everyone's. 

If you don't see this and think he was wonderful beforehand then you're delusional bud. 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Beaton got his brown envelope payment in from the mafia 

Shinnie ran 70 yards to complain to Beaton about not getting a free kick. Got what he deserved. Should have known he was a booking away from missing the semi. Think he got booked v Bonnyrigg for putting in an awful tackle on a player who had wound him up. Came back to haunt him.

• Upvote 9
  • Dildo 1
36 minutes ago, G man said:

Shinnie ran 70 yards to complain to Beaton about not getting a free kick. Got what he deserved. Should have known he was a booking away from missing the semi. Think he got booked v Bonnyrigg for putting in an awful tackle on a player who had wound him up. Came back to haunt him.

As the captain, he's entitled to ask the ref, but he was running about screaming at him. He was correct, it was a bad decision, but it wasn't like he'd awarded them a penalty or denied one for us. Bit of an overreaction.  

That apart, he was great today, covered every blade of grass.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

As the captain, he's entitled to ask the ref, but he was running about screaming at him. He was correct, it was a bad decision, but it wasn't like he'd awarded them a penalty or denied one for us. Bit of an overreaction.  

That apart, he was great today, covered every blade of grass.

Yes he was impressive today. Just disappointing he gave Beaton the opportunity to book him.

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

"Legs have gone"

One of the cringiest cliches going

I'm not convinced that they haven't...to an extent.

This week he had the benefit of a full week between matches. I don't think that he's able to be playing 2 matches a week and remain effective any more

• Upvote 1

Thought he was very good today and totally bossed them in the middle of the park, he got the better of Watson and didn’t really do much wrong. 

But for all the good he totally let’s the team down with the stupid booking, he is the captain and knows he is on a yellow but chases the ref 60 yards to go about a foul and keeps going at him!!!! Totally stupid and now is out of the semi final!!!! He has previous fir this last season v St Johnstone diving on when there was no need!!! 

28 minutes ago, ullevi said:

Thought he was very good today and totally bossed them in the middle of the park, he got the better of Watson and didn’t really do much wrong. 

But for all the good he totally let’s the team down with the stupid booking, he is the captain and knows he is on a yellow but chases the ref 60 yards to go about a foul and keeps going at him!!!! Totally stupid and now is out of the semi final!!!! He has previous fir this last season v St Johnstone diving on when there was no need!!! 

Shinnie gives his all but again stupid decision on his part and the club loses him for years another vital game

Not good enough Mr Captain 

1 hour ago, ullevi said:

Bore off that fat hun bastard Beaton needed telt 

Holy fuck. Rob MacLean interviewing him for RedTV after the game said this amazing line:

"Dundee are one of the teams you'd like to reel in above you as well it would take three points away from them as well as adding three to the Don's total and clamber your way up to top 6".

Brain surgeon he is not.

If you have RedTV, this link Graeme Shinnie | Kilmarnock Reaction | RedTV (afc.co.uk) at 4:54 in... 

• 1 month later...

I’ve no idea how many bookies Shinnie had accumulated prior to yesterday but he must have been due a ban. He’s already out of next weeks semi and presumably the first post split game and you’d have to think a further 2 or 3 games. Season almost over for him?

4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I’ve no idea how many bookies Shinnie had accumulated prior to yesterday but he must have been due a ban. He’s already out of next weeks semi and presumably the first post split game and you’d have to think a further 2 or 3 games. Season almost over for him?

It was absolutely stupid getting sent off like that.  Now we are without him next week and we need every player with experience possible

37 minutes ago, englishred said:

It was absolutely stupid getting sent off like that.  Now we are without him next week and we need every player with experience possible

Before I suggest a mild criticism - I still think Shinnie is a brilliant player for us. But - I think the pressure has been getting to him. The cup booking when he complained to Beaton. His exchange with Docherty yesterday - understandable as it was. His second booking. Losing it with McKenzie agains Motherwell when McKenzie wasn't really at fault. I think it comes down to he feels he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and his distressed by our performances and where we are falling short as a team. At times he looks like he is the only one prepared to go the extra mile - and he knows that. Elsewhere people talked about the loss of Rama - and that definitely has had an effect on Shinnie. Without Polvara in midfield he is the Lone Ranger when it comes to attempting to win the ball and stifle opposition attacks. 

We are a shadow of the team that started the season. The structural deficiencies of not being big enough at the back to deal with aerial bombardment, having no width to balance attacking play and create chances (Duk is not a winger brilliant though he is) and lack of power in midfield is stressing the team at different points and causing big problems. And Shinnie I suspect feels isolated in dealing with it and is losing his mental composure.

• Upvote 1