Graeme Shinnie.....

5 hours ago, jamiesd said:

I think the whole teams fitness is dogshite not just the Captains.

Totally agree, what were they doing in all these double sessions?
The team as a whole are slow, we have three slow centre backs, three slow central midfielders, our tactics leave huge gaps and were exposed far too often and chasing shadows. 

7 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

There was a point deep in the second half when he broke into the box, put in a decent cross, then won the ball back with a great tackle after they cleared it and then won a free kick after they subsequently fouled him. If that had been another player eg polvara we would’ve been raving about his magnificent  work ethic and engine. I genuinely don’t get this argument that he’s done. He was not the issue yesterday. 

I don't if it's so much he's done it's that Robson is having him be the gung-ho midfielder running all over the place, closing down defenders and linking up with the attack. And he can't do that.

It amazes me how often Shinnie is pushed up the park next to the strikers, while Clarkson is so deep he’s next to the centre half’s. 
It can’t just be me who thinks this is the wrong way round? 
I don’t think Robson utilises Shinnie correctly, or Clarkson. But then I dont think Robson utilises anyone correctly bar the keeper and occasionally Miovski.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

It amazes me how often Shinnie is pushed up the park next to the strikers, while Clarkson is so deep he’s next to the centre half’s. 
It can’t just be me who thinks this is the wrong way round? 
I don’t think Robson utilises Shinnie correctly, or Clarkson. But then I dont think Robson utilises anyone correctly bar the keeper and occasionally Miovski.

He did send Richardson and Stewart out on loan

10 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Shinnie has been awful this season and regardless of system you cant absolve him of blame.

Hes too slow, his touch is shit and he has cost us a few goals even this season due to crap awareness/play. 

He honestly looks like his legs have gone 

"Legs have gone"

"Tinpot"

"Wedded to"

"Cringe"

CRINGE

RINGE

INGE

NG

GE

E

33 minutes ago, Millertime said:

"Legs have gone"

"Tinpot"

"Wedded to"

"Cringe"

CRINGE

RINGE

INGE

NG

GE

E

Oh look Desperate Dan is back.

So are you behind Robson now or not? 

Found any more negative comments about Sevco or Celtic on here that you can argue against for either attention or because of the (true) fact you are a thick weegie. Probably both.

You bipolar big chinned weak shouldered fuck 😄

8 hours ago, S2RDS said:

Shinnie is a hero of mine, I have always respected him and he is a prime example of the player mentality you want at a club. Im not sure he is completely done, he is only 32 FFS, but he needs rested and he cant play every game, that is clear. Even after a rest on Thursday, he looked leggy as fuck and with the mentality he has, will likely be much later into tackles and risk getting booked/sent off. Some fans yesterday were OTT with their reactions to him, I actually dont even blame him that much. Its Robson who persists in thinking he can play every game.

As said, the kind of guy you want in your squad, but not necessarily a first team player at the moment. At 32, he just needs to get his fitness up which is clearly lacking at the moment. A few games on the side lines wont hurt him or us. 

One thing about Shinnie that has been true in every final/ semi / big game he has played for us is that he does not shrink away from responsibility - I thought he was our best player yesterday. He was involved in everything we did that was decent. Our midfield just doesn't look balanced because we dont have a Jack, Lundstrum, Brown, McGregor who anchors things . It was the same when Rama and Shinnie played together we are so committed to pressing we can look quite ragged. Shinnie has a few years left and this attack by a few is typical of the fallout after a difficult result.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Oh look Desperate Dan is back.

So are you behind Robson now or not? 

Found any more negative comments about Sevco or Celtic on here that you can argue against for either attention or because of the (true) fact you are a thick weegie. Probably both.

You bipolar big chinned weak shouldered fuck 😄

OUT

14 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

One thing about Shinnie that has been true in every final/ semi / big game he has played for us is that he does not shrink away from responsibility - I thought he was our best player yesterday. He was involved in everything we did that was decent. Our midfield just doesn't look balanced because we dont have a Jack, Lundstrum, Brown, McGregor who anchors things . It was the same when Rama and Shinnie played together we are so committed to pressing we can look quite ragged. Shinnie has a few years left and this attack by a few is typical of the fallout after a difficult result.

There's no doubting Shinnie has been a great player for us and his passion and determination are huge plus points. I thought he was one of our poorest players in the final - the game seemed to pass him by on the big Hampden pitch. He doesn't have the speed to get to the ball quick enough anymore which nulifies what used to be one of his key attributes, ball winning. 

He is not helped by the system we play and the job he's asked to do. He perhaps would be better just sitting rather than pressing further up the park. Our midfield looks best when Barron is the deepest player who can take the ball off the defence and get things moving. He does that much better than Clarkson and he moves it around more rather than always trying to play long as Clarkson seems to be told to do. 

A 4231 would probably suit our midfield more. Barron and Polvara sitting, Clarkson no10, with McGrath and Duk on either side. This would be a better set up for the likes of Morris and Besoujin (and even Duncan) to play in too. Shinnie would also be better as one of a sitting 2, rather than what he's being asked to do now. I'd be inclined to move Shinnie back to LB though if he's going to be a regular in the team for the rest of the season.

11 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

There's no doubting Shinnie has been a great player for us and his passion and determination are huge plus points. I thought he was one of our poorest players in the final - the game seemed to pass him by on the big Hampden pitch. He doesn't have the speed to get to the ball quick enough anymore which nulifies what used to be one of his key attributes, ball winning. 

He is not helped by the system we play and the job he's asked to do. He perhaps would be better just sitting rather than pressing further up the park. Our midfield looks best when Barron is the deepest player who can take the ball off the defence and get things moving. He does that much better than Clarkson and he moves it around more rather than always trying to play long as Clarkson seems to be told to do. 

A 4231 would probably suit our midfield more. Barron and Polvara sitting, Clarkson no10, with McGrath and Duk on either side. This would be a better set up for the likes of Morris and Besoujin (and even Duncan) to play in too. Shinnie would also be better as one of a sitting 2, rather than what he's being asked to do now. I'd be inclined to move Shinnie back to LB though if he's going to be a regular in the team for the rest of the season.

I don’t think he was one of our poorest players on Sunday. When he pressed or drove forward it was when we actually did better in the game. 

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

There must be something Robson and his coaching staff know, that the whole fanbase doesn't, because to everyone else, this is the ideal formation for the squad of players we have.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Robbo spent a lot of his career playing under that ginger haired objectionable little bastard Strachan,  so maybe explains his attitude.

Yeah, but as annoying as Strachan was, he had that quick wit that was, on occasion, mildly amusing whereas Robson is as thick as shit in a bottle, possesses zero intellect, and cannot string 2 sentences together to deliver what it is that he’s trying to say.

And then there’s his managerial “abilities“………

• Like 1
On 12/18/2023 at 11:06 AM, zander said:

This.

We got completely over run with him in the middle of the park yesterday.

We got completely over ran because the halfwit in the dugout had 9 of our players camped within 30 yards of our goal.  That's how he sets us up with his "ride your luck and hope to nick a goal from a hopeful punt" gameplan

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

We got completely over ran because the halfwit in the dugout had 9 of our players camped within 30 yards of our goal.  That's how he sets us up with his "ride your luck and hope to nick a goal from a hopeful punt" gameplan

Surely, surely, Colgate, who likes to witter on about growing up in the Eddie Turnbull era, and like all of us, wants to see Aberdeen playing good football, has to see that there is a no future in Robson remaining at the helm with his anti football tactics and they way he sets his team up. 

I don’t want to get all West ‘am ‘ere and say I’d rather Aberdeen lost a game playing the Aberdeen way that win it playing with hoofball but this has gone on long enough. 

We all know that win lose or draw tomorrow night, it will be the same shite tactics. I’d bin him even if we win

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Surely, surely, Colgate, who likes to witter on about growing up in the Eddie Turnbull era, and like all of us, wants to see Aberdeen playing good football, has to see that there is a no future in Robson remaining at the helm with his anti football tactics and they way he sets his team up. 

I don’t want to get all West ‘am ‘ere and say I’d rather Aberdeen lost a game playing the Aberdeen way that win it playing with hoofball but this has gone on long enough. 

We all know that win lose or draw tomorrow night, it will be the same shite tactics. I’d bin him even if we win

Tee total Cormack needs to start fucking boozing over the festive period cause he might make more sense with the shit he spouts.

Granny dancing cunt.

Again so much calmer today.

On 12/18/2023 at 7:55 PM, Rico1903 said:

Maybe Shinnie should be the answer to our left back problems now? 🤷‍♂️

I’m seeing more and more people saying the same thing now. Surely makes sense for now? Rama not replaced and as a result Robson’s run Shinnie into the ground. 

Move him to left back and you still have Barron, Polvara, Clarkson and McGrath to choose from in the middle. 

• Upvote 1

Even against Livingston at home, we only got going after going behind and this has to be a cause for concern with the FMB... Why do we only respond either after we go behind, or when it's too late to change a game? We should be dictating the pace of games against lower opposition, especially at home. 

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Even against Livingston at home, we only got going after going behind and this has to be a cause for concern with the FMB... Why do we only respond either after we go behind, or when it's too late to change a game? We should be dictating the pace of games against lower opposition, especially at home. 

Because Barry is a stubborn so and so and won't change things until he has to

3 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

The stats show we never turnaround an away game in which we have lost the first goal