Graeme Shinnie.....

1 hour ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Well out of the thousands of stupid things you've written on here that's up there with the silliest. 

I think it's a red. It is a red. It won't be overturned because it is a red. It wouldn't be if I had my way. I was brought up on legs being broken and loved every minute of it but the rules have changed and as much as we'd love to we can't unfortunately ignore them.

So your theory has been shoot to bits immediately. Because I love blood and guts and I detest VAR yet despite that I've had to concede that based on modern no contact whiters rules it's a red.

Dildo away you gutless lurkers. 

I’m going to say it again.

Hi Red John 🖐

@Bebo - Any comment?

3 hours ago, old sheep said:

40 years ago and it wasn’t even a foul (I know I was on the receiving end of many)!

20 years ago it was a yellow card.

Today it is deemed a red card.

No chance it will be overturned. It puts players like Shinnie in danger of being phased out of the game unless they can change their playing style.

We might have an issue then, as Robson said publicly he wants his players to tackle like that. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s not.

It’s the useless cunts the SFA have running it that’s the issue.

They can’t even get factual decisions right such as offside. 

Nah it's shite in every country it's used. It's not needed, it doesn't guarantee the right decision being reached, it slows the game down and makes monkeys out of the fans.

Let's just get back to basics and keep it simple. Same game for all teams at all levels. Not turning football into a two tier sport where the game presided over by VAR is so markedly different to the one played without it. 

Refs make mistakes. Of course they do. We just have to live with it and crack on as we have done for well over a century. VAR is ruining the game, stop start stop start stop start and it's taking away the spontaneity of celebrating goals yet mistakes are still happening (in every country not just here) so what exactly is the point of it. Just more pish brought in for the TV men. They love the drama. 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s not.

It’s the useless cunts the SFA have running it that’s the issue.

They can’t even get factual decisions right such as offside. 

Yep. The specific image VAR used to determine Duk was offside was a joke. But the ref ultimately soils it and changes his original decision of no red after review for the Shinnie one. That's on him more than the use of VAR itself for me 

2 hours ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

You're young aren't you. You'll grow up one day.

Until then just you enjoy being daft. Best days of your life.

Didn't you say in another thread not to respond to your posts, but yet you do it with mine.

I did say you'd be back. How right I was... again.

DYA.

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

His hearing has been fast tracked to  tomorrow

Cant see it being overturned personally, for the SFA it would be an admission that VAR is already a complete failure if they were to keep overturning red cards that were reviewed for 5 minutes on the park.

I'm not entirely convinced it would be overturned in a pre-VAR world but definitely won't be now for those exact reasons. The technology or at least the way it's been operated has already been slammed here so if they overturned this one they'd be feeding the refs to the wolves.

There have been enough (not a lot to be fair but enough) people come out and defend the decision to mean that that pressure to overturn it just isn't there.

It's a sad indictment of where our game is headed. It's already far too stop start compared to a couple of decades ago but it's going to become an essentially non contact sport. It's a load of bollocks.

21 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Isn't coincedental that since the introduction of VAR none of the cheeks have had a player sent off due to a VAR intervention never mind the downright cheating with referrals regarding penalties. Corruption seems to be rife in all layers in the central belt.

Don’t think they’ve even had to try and tackle a team for months, we’ve all been that shit. I can’t remember any examples of them avoiding reds. 

if shinnies appeal is overturned, does that add an extra game to the suspension? 🤢

10 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Don’t think they’ve even had to try and tackle a team for months, we’ve all been that shit. I can’t remember any examples of them avoiding reds. 

if shinnies appeal is overturned, does that add an extra game to the suspension? 🤢

If his appeal was refused the only "extra" punishment is on the club who forfeit the appeal fee. No additional matches on the player beyond the 2 it will be for being his 2nd red of the season

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I remember McKenna getting an extra match added to his ban after appealing? 

Think that was different because he wasn't actually punished at all during the match. The compliance officer at the time then cited him a few days later and offered a 2 match ban on what he saw on TV evidence. The club refused to accept it so went to a full hearing and he got given a 3 match ban instead

That useless prick Dougal on the VARprick says it's a stonewall red. "folk need to get with times..... we outlawed tackles from behind and there was an outcry, blah blah blah". So expect nothing less than rejection of our appeal from his brethren at Hampden tomorrow.

The prick Alasdair Lamont was egging him on as well. Strange that - are they both born from the cunt of a hun?

1 hour ago, winchester83 said:

Isn't coincedental that since the introduction of VAR none of the cheeks have had a player sent off due to a VAR intervention never mind the downright cheating with referrals regarding penalties. Corruption seems to be rife in all layers in the central belt.

Totally agree with all you have said.

15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Think that was different because he wasn't actually punished at all during the match. The compliance officer at the time then cited him a few days later and offered a 2 match ban on what he saw on TV evidence. The club refused to accept it so went to a full hearing and he got given a 3 match ban instead

Clarkson was given a 2 match ban after a tackle in the first game we played at Dingwall this season was sighted by the compliance officer. 

10 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

That useless prick Dougal on the VARprick says it's a stonewall red. "folk need to get with times..... we outlawed tackles from behind and there was an outcry, blah blah blah". So expect nothing less than rejection of our appeal from his brethren at Hampden tomorrow.

The prick Alasdair Lamont was egging him on as well. Strange that - are they both born from the cunt of a hun?

I cannot stand that prick. He's never disagreed with one decision all season. Shows what you're up against, all protect each other 

• Upvote 1