Lewis Ferguson

14 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I believe the 5% is a solidarity payment that is divided between all the clubs that the player trained with between 12 and 23.

Each year between clubs who the player trained with between the ages of12 and 15 are entitled to 5% of the solidarity fee and between the ages of 16 and 23 its10%.

If the fee is £3m then £150k would be set aside, if he trained with the huns between 12 and 16, they'd be entitled to £30k, Hamilton had him as until he was 18 and would be entitled to £30k.

Obviously if Hamilton have a sell on clause, they'll get some additional money.

Doubtful they'll have a sell-on clause, he was out of contract and the fee was set by a tribunal

15 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Are we getting £3m for him? 

Other reports have it nearer £2m

2.1mm upfront 0.9 addons.  Plus 5k+ in wages.  Good bit of business.  I would hope they can afford 3-4 more quality players after receiving 7.5mm from transfers and addons this window.  Wonder how much they spent in buying out bad contracts from glass.

32 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

2.1mm upfront 0.9 addons.  Plus 5k+ in wages.  Good bit of business.  I would hope they can afford 3-4 more quality players after receiving 7.5mm from transfers and addons this window.  Wonder how much they spent in buying out bad contracts from glass.

He’s getting 5k in wages in Italy or we are currently paying him that amount?

id suggest neither. He’ll be getting double that in Italy and  we’re paying him sweeties, according to his da.

22 hours ago, euan2020 said:

hardly - it was back and forth with Hamilton whining about the development fee, and we knew we were going to be paying 150k/200K - i even knew about about it sitting in Cape Town, 5000 miles away 

That was all in about September / October 2018 when we knew how good he was. When he actually signed in May 2018 very little was said about it and everyone just assumed he’d be playing in the youth team. Similar to signings like shankland & whoever that other Queen’s Park striker was we signed…. Forgotten him already 

6 hours ago, Donscanada said:

It’s vile to be in the position we are. This should be our moment to be pushing on but instead we are catching up. Will be stunned if Goodwin is the man for the job but fingers crossed 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

That was all in about September / October 2018 when we knew how good he was. When he actually signed in May 2018 very little was said about it and everyone just assumed he’d be playing in the youth team. Similar to signings like shankland & whoever that other Queen’s Park striker was we signed…. Forgotten him already 

ok - i never felt like that - if we were spending 150-200K at that point in time when we were not spending money - i expected him to have something about him - i recall his signing in May 18  and having expectations on him - maybe  i observe things more being abroad this last 11 years  

1 minute ago, euan2020 said:

ok - i never felt like that - if we were spending 150-200K at that point in time when we were not spending money - i expected him to have something about him - i recall his signing in May 18  and having expectations on him - maybe  i observe things more being abroad this last 11 years  

Except most of us  never really realised we were coughing up for him, think he was the first signing we made where it became knowledge that we had to pay a development fee. And given that he had only played for Hamilton something like 12 or 13 times, I don't think anyone really expected him to make the starting 11 so quickly. Of course he signed the same summer that Gleeson and Forrester did and we all know how shite they turned out to be which aided Ferguson's chances of cementing a regular starting spot much quicker than I suspect even McInnes had envisaged.

Anyway I hope he is a success in Bologna and manages to earn up the top up fees attached to the transfer. 

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

But we didn’t know what we were spending at the time. Everyone thought he was free. I think you actually just don’t remember it happening and have accidentally created a  memory of events 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

But we didn’t know what we were spending at the time. Everyone thought he was free. I think you actually just don’t remember it happening and have accidentally created a  memory of events 

no we didn't think was a free - anyone who pays attention to football knows there is development fee's

this was the story i read at time & even Mcinnes mentioned there was a fee

"McInnes said the Dons were comfortable with the likely compensation fee they will have to pay Accies for the teenager now that he has signed a pre-contract agreement."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44016756 

by late May/Early June  time Hamilton were shouting for 900K - Aberdeen had offered 100K so hardly free 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2736708/hamilton-aberdeen-lewis-ferguson/

I think you actually have just created your own memory of events - either that or don't pay attention to what is going on - admittedly i do have better memory that most follk

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, euan2020 said:

no we didn't think was a free - anyone who pays attention to football knows there is development fee's

this was the story i read at time & even Mcinnes mentioned there was a fee

"McInnes said the Dons were comfortable with the likely compensation fee they will have to pay Accies for the teenager now that he has signed a pre-contract agreement."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44016756 

by late May/Early June  time Hamilton were shouting for 900K - Aberdeen had offered 100K so hardly free 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2736708/hamilton-aberdeen-lewis-ferguson/

I think you actually have just created your own memory of events - either that or don't pay attention to what is going on - admittedly i do have better memory that most follk

Ok, so my original post was just saying ferguson ended up being a very good signing. 

based on the above I guess you thought Lawrence shankland, Michael Ruth and Sammy Stewart would be brilliant multimillion pound players too since we had to pay a development fee for them too and you have such better knowledge than everyone else ? we have paid development fees for plenty players in the past. None worked out anywhere near as successful as Ferguson, but that’s good you knew it would. Maybe you can help us sign the next one ??

49 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Ok, so my original post was just saying ferguson ended up being a very good signing. 

based on the above I guess you thought Lawrence shankland, Michael Ruth and Sammy Stewart would be brilliant multimillion pound players too since we had to pay a development fee for them too and you have such better knowledge than everyone else ? we have paid development fees for plenty players in the past. None worked out anywhere near as successful as Ferguson, but that’s good you knew it would. Maybe you can help us sign the next one ??

Outstanding example of missing the point.

Or setting up a straw man.

Or deflection after being shown to be wrong.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

If you’re signing up young players on development fees you would be lucky to have a success rate of 1 in 5 where we can actually sell them on and make a decent profit.

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

ah right - so whataboutery now - so not free now ?  

either/or - that was my opinion at the time, and have proved that i was not making things up 

There was a whole thread on this in 2018 discussing the basis and outcome of the transfer tribunal  

A vital component in a midfield that was able to hold onto the ball and create fuck all for almost an entire season. 

Good player, not irreplaceable. 3 million is a respectable price. 

Now he can go support the Huns without worrying about fan backlash. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Good as a wet dream for green farming from first principles opportunists and band wagon riders intent on getting lauded at COP-26.  Maybe not quite so good for their starving and penniless population.  One to be watched.  

Great as a Star Wars robot probably. 

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

A vital component in a midfield that was able to hold onto the ball and create fuck all for almost an entire season. 

Good player, not irreplaceable. 3 million is a respectable price. 

Now he can go support the Huns without worrying about fan backlash. 

I'm not sure that was something he worried about that much anyway. Handed in a transfer request, gave the fans the bird in the stands, went to Seville. Did his part in the pitch but not sure he really cares for the club or fans.