Tomas Cerny

Good signing.

Is he just coining it in for a year? Only 33 so should really be a first choice somewhere at his age, but if we can offer more for him not to play than any other offer he has had to be a first choice then fair play to him. Hope we don't have to call on him but but would have full faith in him if we had to.

Razor it is not often I disagree on your take on football matters.I am still a Partick Thistle supporter and I thought Tomas Cerny was a great goalkeeper for Thistle. I was quite sad when he decided to leave in the summer when Thistle were relegated.I understood and thought he would sign up as first choice at another team.I am more worried at his mindset to sign for Aberdeen where he seems happy to be second choice.Tomas Cerny is a good professional and will do well when called upon.

Razor it is not often I disagree on your take on football matters.I am still a Partick Thistle supporter and I thought Tomas Cerny was a great goalkeeper for Thistle. I was quite sad when he decided to leave in the summer when Thistle were relegated.I understood and thought he would sign up as first choice at another team.I am more worried at his mindset to sign for Aberdeen where he seems happy to be second choice.Tomas Cerny is a good professional and will do well when called upon.

What's your interest in afc reserves if you're a thistle fan if you don't mind me asking?

You got relegated graham. He's been floating about that level for a while now and there's a reason for that. Aberdeen are better than Tomas Cerny.

It was nothing more than a lazy, panic signing.

Signing a keeper who is certain to be second choice isn't easy. You're forced to take a young keeper who isn't that great, an average keeper (Cerny) or an old keeper who is happy to be second choice and collect a pay packet.

He's better than the keepers in the youth team anyway so it's an improvement on that.

Signing a keeper who is certain to be second choice isn't easy. You're forced to take a young keeper who isn't that great, an average keeper (Cerny) or an old keeper who is happy to be second choice and collect a pay packet.

He's better than the keepers in the youth team anyway so it's an improvement on that.

He can't be any worse than Rogers I suppose.

King Street Loon,I have lived in Aberdeen most of my life and like to see the Dons doing well. But you never desert your first love ! I comment more on the reserves and youth teams,but I still go to all the Aberdeen home games and see Thistle as often as I can. I am a bit surprised at the Tomas Cerny signing and am sure he will do fine.Joe Lewis is a fantastic goalkeeper and seldom injured.There was a save he made against Celtic that I was right in line with in the South Stand,a tip over from Scott Sinclair I think,one of the best saves I have seen.

Calm down,Roberto and everyone,I thought it was fair to say that I am a Partick Thistle supporter,which I thought was well known.I live five minutes from Pittodrie ,I have being going to all levels of matches at Aberdeen for over 30 years. Reserves and youth games came free with my season ticket.Followed them ever since.

• Upvote 3

King Street Loon,I have lived in Aberdeen most of my life and like to see the Dons doing well. But you never desert your first love ! I comment more on the reserves and youth teams,but I still go to all the Aberdeen home games and see Thistle as often as I can. I am a bit surprised at the Tomas Cerny signing and am sure he will do fine.Joe Lewis is a fantastic goalkeeper and seldom injured.There was a save he made against Celtic that I was right in line with in the South Stand,a tip over from Scott Sinclair I think,one of the best saves I have seen.

Nae bother.

If you're a thistle fan putting money into the dons that's fine by me.

Calm down,Roberto and everyone,I thought it was fair to say that I am a Partick Thistle supporter,which I thought was well known.I live five minutes from Pittodrie ,I have being going to all levels of matches at Aberdeen for over 30 years. Reserves and youth games came free with my season ticket.Followed them ever since.

You weren't in a pub in Banff some months ago were you? If so I reckon we had a drunken conversation.

Could have done,I am not much of a drinker BWG,but like Banff very much as a town.Was at Deveronvale v Glenafton Scottish Cup and a friendlier group of folk in the main stand I could not have met.Bruce Anderson hails from Banff I think and have high hopes for him this season.

Cerny was a decent keeper at Thistle. If he's not regressed much since leaving Thistle, then he'll be a decent back-up, if he needs to be called upon. Certainly a better option than some of the other jokers we've had in the past.

Kicking is a concern though...

Can no way be worse than Woodman at kicking. He could hardly get it past the half way line.

Could have done,I am not much of a drinker BWG,but like Banff very much as a town.Was at Deveronvale v Glenafton Scottish Cup and a friendlier group of folk in the main stand I could not have met.Bruce Anderson hails from Banff I think and have high hopes for him this season.

Thats cause only sound gadjees reside in Banff.

See you in the Castle for a couple stripes in the gents