Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Gavin Levy off to Swansea apparently 

Ready made position for Barry, in a few weeks.

Or probably Stuart Glennie, who actually knows a thing or two about youth coaching, and I think recently started at AFC, with zero fanfare from the club. It was reported in the papers that he was employed as Head of Academy coaching, which I did think odd as I thought that was Levy's role. So clearly, Levy has given advance notice and Glennie is the replacement

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Ready made position for Barry, in a few weeks.

Or probably Stuart Glennie, who actually knows a thing or two about youth coaching, and I think recently started at AFC, with zero fanfare from the club. It was reported in the papers that he was employed as Head of Academy coaching, which I did think odd as I thought that was Levy's role. So clearly, Levy has given advance notice and Glennie is the replacement

That’s my guess too. 

I think only alternative internally is duff but he seems to be out of favour for some reason.

gavin leaving makes no real difference. The location and being a one team city means club knows all the local talent from a young age and monitors those it’s not sure about. 

the biggest challenge club faces is recruiting coaches with sufficient qualifications. They’ve lost a few good coaches.

A steady , solid win for the Aberdeen U18s over Motherwell U18s at a balmy Cormack Park without reaching the heights of the Hearts and Celtic wins.Brendan Hamilton returned from Northern Ireland U19 duty and outstanding again.ssA good prospect at left wing back.A flowing move gave time to strike Fletcher Boyd to play in Victor Enem for the opener.Olly Whyte headed home an equaliser for the Claret and Amber before  a Fletcher Boyd goal made it 2-1 the Young Dons  before young U16s Joe Teasdale came on and sealed this solid and unspectacular  3-1 win for the Young Dons

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, slippers said:

The lad Boyd seems to be scoring relatively consistent as does Alfie Stewart. Hopefully the next off the production line. But we need to find a way to get them proper first team football when they are ready. So difficult to break into our team. Why isn’t bavdige been sent out on loan? 

Was chat earlier on he was off to Arbroath

I'd imagine he'll maybe go off on loan after December when we're realistically not in EUrope anymore

6 hours ago, graham said:

A steady , solid win for the Aberdeen U18s over Motherwell U18s at a balmy Cormack Park without reaching the heights of the Hearts and Celtic wins.Brendan Hamilton returned from Northern Ireland U19 duty and outstanding again.ssA good prospect at left wing back.A flowing move gave time to strike Fletcher Boyd to play in Victor Enem for the opener.Olly Whyte headed home an equaliser for the Claret and Amber before  a Fletcher Boyd goal made it 2-1 the Young Dons  before young U16s Joe Teasdale came on and sealed this solid and unspectacular  3-1 win for the Young Dons

Graham, what do you make of Timmy Akindileni and his chances long term? I have seen a lot of him at juvenile where he was always a forward player.

A

3 hours ago, Mouzer said:

Graham, what do you make of Timmy Akindileni and his chances long term? I have seen a lot of him at juvenile where he was always a forward player.

A perfectly good young player but with the signing policy of the club just now,the prospects for any young player  to break through are much more difficult than in years gone by,and yes Razor  is right ,  a good feature on him in one of the latest match programmes and online.

11 hours ago, graham said:

IMG-6863.jpg

17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Left sided central defender, the club say?

He was a striker with East End up until leaving, which was only in the summer. 

Yeh, he was invited for a trial and was far better than expected, is now playing left cb,  Mikey Milnes was released and has since singed for Cove Huns full time.

6 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Was chat earlier on he was off to Arbroath

I'd imagine he'll maybe go off on loan after December when we're realistically not in EUrope anymore

It’s very odd but I guess the other question is how many Scottish teams at a high level would loan in a 17 year old striker

7 hours ago, ullevi said:

The lad Brendan Hamilton looked good when I saw him earlier in the year, would he not be due a chance at left back, wing back now in front of Hayes....

I’ve no idea about the kid.

But the idea surely would be to prepare him to be a first team squad player next year.

Hayes will probably retire and Ngwenya appears to be good for a release so he can find his level.