Bradford Fire

Simplistic

From that link click on the 7 minute one on the right hand side and see how it spreads in those 7 minutes.

Longer versions been removed due to copyright from Yorkshire TV. Had seen it before from a link from Donstalk that got removed and it is hell of a scary how a tiny flame from a discarded cigarette becomes a huge fire that destroys a whole football stand in just 7 minutes.

Think someone commented before that the 7 minute version is now used as a Fire Training Video and how quickly fire can spread.

On my fire training we were shown that video, the ex-fireman who was training us told us that the nearest firecrew only 2 mins away sat and watched the first few minutes live on TV. No one had called the station about the fire and it never occurred to them until a few minutes that they may be needed... :dontknow:

Saw the whole video clip on a Fire Safety Engineering course at Uni and it really is incredible the speed at which the fire spread. Wooden stands and litter beneath the staging, one stray fag end and the whole place goes up. Criminal on the part of the football club, hence the widespread measures that were taken across the country.

Quite shocking that the football club is trying to get it removed, it should remain for all to see to serve as a reminder of the dangers of fire.

On my fire training we were shown that video, the ex-fireman who was training us told us that the nearest firecrew only 2 mins away sat and watched the first few minutes live on TV. No one had called the station about the fire and it never occurred to them until a few minutes that they may be needed... :laughing:

We got shown it at my work too - even though he told us it was pretty graphic beforehand, never really expected it to be that bad. The guy wandering around in a daze while on fire is particularly shocking

Apparently most people died because they tried to escape by going out the way they came in, out through the back of the stand, and the doors were locked

Archived