Holidays 2019

RAZOR

Edinburgh’s a funny one.

very picturesque geographically and architecturally

but in many ways was a bit bland for such a famous city

lacked an energy that other cities have, no edge to it. a bit sedate.

prob better for grunters

Yeah. It's full of toffs/rugger buggers/tourists/arsehholes.

That's why is shite.

• Downvote 1

First holiday of the year completed - Glasgow

Pints

Drugs

Upsetting locals and weegie policemen

Amusing locals and weegie policemen

Karaoke

Jogging

Curry

Upsetting Huns

Disco dancing

Kippers for breakfast

Tennents

Carried home by the bird after taking a cocktail of drugs

Unscathed

Shopping

Disneyland - LOL

disco\karaoke\jogging & shopping

LOL

the rest :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

How old manchebs?

If they're primary school - no bother, a couple of days without finger painting will do them no harm at all.

Exactly my feelings, he's only in primary 1, don't see the problem myself. The Mrs is pissed off coz he missed days at the October hols (genuine fuck up on my part) and now I want to keep him off in June for a week. She thinks two weeks is too much.

Kinda in the same boat. Canna afford any nothing fancy this year at all (childcare min)

I've previously said I'd never consider Bulgaria but seems to be decent deals to be had there. Can get all inclusive for a week for less than a grand....

Sunny Beach isn't that bad at all, got a mix of young pissed up idiots, families and older couples there, imagine that there's far worse places to go for a week or two when you're trying to have a cheap holiday.

• Upvote 1

I'm reluctantly taking the family to Turkey this year after noticing a hoor o price increase on our normal destinations. Always felt Turkey was a bit unstable but don't have a solid reason for thinking that. Anyone been there and think there's anything worth worrying about?

Went a package holiday there with my folks when I was 15 which was decent and since then my dads bought a place there so I’m out regularly. Get far better value for money than i Spanish holiday and the folk couldn’t be friendlier.

• Upvote 1

Kinda in the same boat. Canna afford any nothing fancy this year at all (childcare min)

I've previously said I'd never consider Bulgaria but seems to be decent deals to be had there. Can get all inclusive for a week for less than a grand....

Went to sunny beach with mates when I was 20. It was ace. Different holiday to what you’d be looking for but I’d feel equally as comfortable taking my wife and kid there as a family. Caters for everyone. Cheap as fuck once you’re there also.

Prices seem to have rocketed this year. Turkey's nae exactly cheap either but it seems more reasonably priced.

Never thought about Bulgaria maybe try it next year.

Thoughts on keeping bairns off school to save a few notes on holidays? Bit of a disagreement in my household at the moment.

What age are they?  Secondary school with exams coming up etc may be different but we've taken ours out of primary a few days early.  They're going to miss fuck all in the last few days before the holidays.