Stenhousemuir 1 - 4 Aberdeen

Back in the house for 23.30 and had thawed out by then. Feet were like blocks of ice.

Played really well in the first half and rightly in at HT 3 up.

Second half we obviously thought the game was won and came out with a shite attitude.

Some og from their #3 though. Fit a header.

Time to bury QotS in the next round.

Did the boy have a brain fart and forget what way he was shooting!? It was a fucking peach of a header. Sure I saw Logan actually commiserate with the boy.

Good result, but our inability to keep a clean sheet, when already winning by several goals is again highlighted. Tut tut.

Now we have the chance to exorcise our QoS ghosts.

Could the year we settle old scores be the year we go all the way? How fitting that would be.

PS - cant believe the QoS debacle is 11 years ago, this year.

Comfortable win. Only shock for me was how we managed to draw with that lot in the first game. They looked very much like a team bottom of Division 1. Stewart was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. McGinn couldn't beat either full back which is a worry. Surprised McInnes didn't freshen up the team at half time as we were coasting. It was baltic but worth it for the win.

2nd half, what was shimmied doing? Bombing down blind alleys and leaving Ferguson to defend against 2-3 players!! We needed Gleason on to put his foot on the ball and dictate play. No idea what mciness was on about post match saying shinnie was amazing, thought he was average at best and on that showing easily replaceable.

McGinns legs have clearly gone, so can only see him as a no10 going forward...

Wright was brilliant first half also GMS when he came on... really hope he signs his new contract, Stewart, my motm, was brilliant and hope it continues.

2nd half, what was shimmied doing? Bombing down blind alleys and leaving Ferguson to defend against 2-3 players!! We needed Gleason on to put his foot on the ball and dictate play. No idea what mciness was on about post match saying shinnie was amazing, thought he was average at best and on that showing easily replaceable.

McGinns legs have clearly gone, so can only see him as a no10 going forward...

Wright was brilliant first half also GMS when he came on... really hope he signs his new contract, Stewart, my motm, was brilliant and hope it continues.

Thought that Gleeson would have come on at half time for Shinnie or Ferguson. Because he didn't even make an appearance, I can only assume he is going to try and punt him today/tomorrow. Can't understand our midfield 2 playing the full 90 with Hibs and Sevco coming up in the next 7 days. As soon as they get injured or suspended, we are going to have to throw in someone who hasn't played for weeks. Frustratingly typical from McInnes.

Good result, but our inability to keep a clean sheet, when already winning by several goals is again highlighted. Tut tut.

Now we have the chance to exorcise our QoS ghosts.

Could the year we settle old scores be the year we go all the way? How fitting that would be.

PS - cant believe the QoS debacle is 11 years ago, this year.

If so;

East Fife in the quarter to avenge the defeat of 1965 that cost Tommy Pearson his job.

St Johnstone in the semi with Stevie May scoring two for us this time.

Sevco in the final and kick their goalie's face in after ninety seconds.

• Upvote 4

So if we lock up shop and manage a game out its boring, but if we keep going for goals and concede one it's not acceptable?

We did what we always do, having built a lead - take our foot off the gas / become complacent.

We should be able to keep a clean sheet in such one sided games.

We seem to rarely win 3,4,5 - 0 - its always 3-1, 4-1 etc.

Its seems churlish to complain, but over the course of a season it can crucially affect GD.

First half good.  Scott Wright first 20 minutes and Stewart looked really good.

Second half we were second to every ball and not just didn't seem to want to complete, then they scored and we sort of woke up a bit.  Could have had a few more.

McGinn looks like his legs are gone, looks like a man needing a hip replacement.  Wright looked good, GMS full of tricks when he came on.  Stewart looked good. 

Wasn't really worried about our defence although not sure about Hoban and Consi as centre half partenrship, Hoban kept giving a way fouls early door in jumping for the ball.

Biggest issue is still as for most of this season in centre of the pitch. Don't see how Shinnie and Ferguson work together.  Shinnie was the energy in midfield but he doesn't offer much else, no composure and not much technique and Ferguson offers a threat has a good engine but looks like he needs someone to help him through the game.  I'd honestly rather play Gleeson just now but I'm just not sure who for of shinnie or Ferguson.

First half good.  Scott Wright first 20 minutes and Stewart looked really good.

Second half we were second to every ball and not just didn't seem to want to complete, then they scored and we sort of woke up a bit.  Could have had a few more.

McGinn looks like his legs are gone, looks like a man needing a hip replacement.  Wright looked good, GMS full of tricks when he came on.  Stewart looked good. 

Wasn't really worried about our defence although not sure about Hoban and Consi as centre half partenrship, Hoban kept giving a way fouls early door in jumping for the ball.

Biggest issue is still as for most of this season in centre of the pitch. Don't see how Shinnie and Ferguson work together.  Shinnie was the energy in midfield but he doesn't offer much else, no composure and not much technique and Ferguson offers a threat has a good engine but looks like he needs someone to help him through the game.  I'd honestly rather play Gleeson just now but I'm just not sure who for of shinnie or Ferguson.

Shinnie will probably be away by summer, so that answers your question. 

First half good. Scott Wright first 20 minutes and Stewart looked really good.

Second half we were second to every ball and not just didn't seem to want to complete, then they scored and we sort of woke up a bit. Could have had a few more.

McGinn looks like his legs are gone, looks like a man needing a hip replacement. Wright looked good, GMS full of tricks when he came on. Stewart looked good.

Biggest issue is still as for most of this season in centre of the pitch. Don't see how Shinnie and Ferguson work together. Shinnie was the energy in midfield but he doesn't offer much else, no composure and not much technique and Ferguson offers a threat has a good engine but looks like he needs someone to help him through the game. I'd honestly rather play Gleeson just now but I'm just not sure who for of shinnie or Ferguson.

Has to be Ferguson. He’s not a ball winning sitting midfielder, his strength is box-box, and needs to be used as such. Shinnie made him look awful last night, by his shocking positional sense and lack of composure