Stenhousemuir 1 - 4 Aberdeen

Aye 12 mins of highlights on RedTV international.  Some observations based on those 12 mins:

Scott Wright looked extremely effective.  Defending was woeful though, defenders backing off and giving him plenty of space.  Scott doesn't like it when he gets an elbow or a knee from a defender - he'll shy away if the opponents get physical.  You can nullify Wright by roughing him up early doors, Stenny obviously hadn't done their homework.  Which isn't surprising, given that they're a part-time team, with few resources.

Stewart also looked bright... silky turn and dinked finished for his goal.

From 12 minutes of highlights, Stenny probably played more football and created more chances than they did on Saturday!!  Our defence caught sleeping a few times...

Wright was getting pelters from the section I was in. Losses of possession was greeted with 'what a surprise' and the like and when he was substituted someone shouted that he was a disgrace to the club (although a few people shouted praise in response)

I dunno. The Patrick hat trick seems like a long time ago now. Not a fan of abusing young players who are giving 100% though.

Wright was getting pelters from the section I was in. Losses of possession was greeted with 'what a surprise' and the like and when he was substituted someone shouted that he was a disgrace to the club (although a few people shouted praise in response)

I dunno. The Patrick hat trick seems like a long time ago now. Not a fan of abusing young players who are giving 100% though.

Did he play as well as the highlights suggest?  If so, very bizarre that he was getting abused.

There were some absolute wallopers in the away end last night

• Upvote 2

Aye 12 mins of highlights on RedTV international. Some observations based on those 12 mins:

Scott Wright looked extremely effective. Defending was woeful though, defenders backing off and giving him plenty of space. Scott doesn't like it when he gets an elbow or a knee from a defender - he'll shy away if the opponents get physical. You can nullify Wright by roughing him up early doors, Stenny obviously hadn't done their homework. Which isn't surprising, given that they're a part-time team, with few resources.

Stewart also looked bright... silky turn and dinked finished for his goal.

From 12 minutes of highlights, Stenny probably played more football and created more chances than they did on Saturday!! Our defence caught sleeping a few times...

Wright only looks good against shite.

That hat trick against Partick in a dead rubber of a game just gave a false impression of him.

He's of no use to us against better teams and is as you alude to a pussy when up against physicality. I hope nobody is fooled by Wright's showing last night.

He's pish.

Just because he's home grown shouldn't exclude hom from criticism. I never heard any abuse aimed at him last night but i wasn't fooled by a decent showing from hom against shite like Stenhousemuir.

I never said he should be exempt from abuse. I said it is generally disproportionate to his performances, which given he is young and "one of our own" seems strange.

Is there a suggestion he isn't dealing with it?

Someone above suggested he doesn't respond well to early roughing up.

I'm reading a good book on modern football, via interviews with current players and managers, they all agree that success is largely psychological.

Football 2.0: How the world's best play the modern game https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1909430323/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hfEuCbZXN507W

Job done, but McKenna has been guilty of a few howlers lately. Matrass remains dry, but still a slight worry.

Never saw it, but fine-n-dandy, who I always trust :), had some harsh words for him after their goal.

Ah right, so you didn't even see it and were passing comment?

Doesn't do your credibility any good that. And you're speaking about McKenna to his detriment, based on observation and comments from Fine n Dandy?

Fuck me.

Ah right, so you didn't even see it and were passing comment?

Doesn't do your credibility any good that. And you're speaking about McKenna to his detriment, based on observation and comments from Fine n Dandy?

Fuck me.

I wonder if old manny realises yet that Mckenna wasn't even in the squad?

There were some absolute wallopers in the away end last night

My favourite was the superfan that kept loudly wishing shay Logan a happy birthday every time he went to take a throw in in his vicinity. Must have said it half a dozen times, probably want shay to stop what he was doing and tell him what presents he got.

Shinnie shouldn’t take corners, shit at them. Didn’t hear anyone giving him pelters though, just the odd groan

• Upvote 1