Music

eeps

17 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Punk was a load of contrived rubbish. Bunch of pigs.

Or it was a social and political movement, borne out of the poverty, social inequality, and stagnation that defined the early 70s and the failure (or maybe success) of the Hippy movement, leading to a cultural awakening by Western youth that manifested itself via a massive shift in both fashion and music, a shift from commercially packaged bands that played music-by-numbers, safe, middle-class shite, and given a vague sense of direction by early artists such as The Ramones, the Dead Kennedys, The Stooges, and The Clash.

I mean, it's one or the other, isn't it?

Whatever the answer is, this is a fucking tune. 

16 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

A movement so powerful it elevates the physically weak in to the same zone as the monsters that bully us.

And smashes their ugly cunts in.

50s, 60s, 70s, and even into the 80s, cultural change was driven by youth. The corporations followed the trends and exploited them. 

Since then every single aspect of Youth Culture has been predetermined, plotted, and implemented by corporate interests. They'll have merch ready to roll out to the stores before anyone has even heard the name of the 'bands' they're going to like in 6 months time, and often for a period of time not to exceed a couple of years. 

You'll never see Punk again. 

Unless Sony decides you will. 

Does anyone think these kinds of cunts succeed based on raw talent and an unstoppable cultural awakening?

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Splendid Mr @Ke1t

Old Grays loved that.

One love brother. ❤

Love the percussion section.

Jon Spencer fucking hates me. 

True story... he's tiny though, and I have about a foot and 75 lbs on him, so bad looks is as far as that went ?

I'd have choked him out if he'd tried to beat me with his tiny fists, but in a gentle way. 

Mind you, my wife's in love with him, so as I was taking him down she'd have been glassing me... and it would have been fucking chaos, because his wife was there inna, so the two wives would have been like lions trying to pull down a mighty Yak, as I throttled him unconscious, bellowing like a wildebeast, knowing the bouncers were on the way to finish me before I turned my attention to the women and smashed them into the ceiling with my drunken tard strength. 

Anyway, he settled for a prolonged, furious glare instead and I didn't have to batter him and the two women in my speculative scenario. 

Where there is cheese there are rats
Where ever there are rats there are cats
Where ever there are cats there are dogs
If you got the dogs you got bitches
Bitches Always out to put
Their paws on your riches
If you got riches, you got glitches
If you got glitches in your life
Computer turn it off and then reboota
Now you back on
Can't just put the cap on the
Old bottle once you pop it that will spoil it