78 arg

82 esp

86 mex

90 ita

94 usa

98 fra

02 jap/kor

06 ger

mexico had it twice in 16 years s I wouldn't imagine there'd be a fuss about the US having it in 2018.

Plus it usually goes Europe then elsewhere then Europe again, so it should be outside Europe in 2018 anyway.

Guest TenementFunster

So the US are going to use his image. As a skirt wearing, g-string wearing, one-trick-pony, bush pig shaggin (Rebecca Loos, I mean really!), pussy whipped, stick shaggin, no-user?

I hope they do use Beckham and USA gets the world cup. I think that would be funny as f*ck to see McLarens face (if still in charge) I feel sorry for Beckham now that he has been disowned when its not really his fault his wifes a media grapping twig.

I wouldn't rate McClaren's chances of lasting past the next World Cup, let alone until the host of 2018 is announced (probably 2012).

Guest TenementFunster
I wouldn't rate McClaren's chances of lasting past the next World Cup, let alone until the host of 2018 is announced (probably 2012).

He's a goner sooner than that chielf!!

Yeah, he is getting found out pretty quick that he's a sh*te manager or not world class anyway....still be good to see one of thier old hero's to give them a boot even when he's not playing!

mexico had it twice in 16 years s I wouldn't imagine there'd be a fuss about the US having it in 2018.

Mexico only got it in 86 cos Colombia f*cked it up at the last minute.

In other words World Cup 86 was meant to be in Colombia.

In saying that though, I wouldn't have anything against USA getting it again.

Guest TenementFunster

I would!! It would be a destruction of all we hold dear.

Was just away to say the same thing. Mexico hosting it twice was a very different situation.

I wouldn't have anything against the US hosting it, though I think 2014 could head over that way, so England probably more likely.

I don't understand why they can't have a world cup hosted by the UK though.

It's not as if FIFA are trying to make Japan and S. Korea join into one association because they joint hosted it....

Failing that, England in 2018 for me.

From what I can remember of it, USA 94 was the worst World Cup of my lifetime. Some games were kicking off in the middle of the night (our time), some teams were forced to play in the midday sun to accommodate TV in Europe, and the final was pish.

Would mostly agree with that.

Can remember the Republic of Ireland playing a midday game in Orlando (v Mexico I think) were you actually wondered if a player might drop dead in the heat. If I recall correctly Tommy Coyne did actually collapse on the flight.

Archived