"if Gascoigne Is Worth £4.5M, How Much Is Jess Worth?" Great Article

He'd have done well in Italy you'd think.

Time on the ball and an appreciation of talented footballers.

Definitely. 

The physical passpasspasstackletackletackle of the English league didn't afford him the time on the ball he needed to flourish. 

Italian fitba would have suited him down to the ground. 

Torino were one of the clubs rumoured to be interested at the time. 

That Carbone cunt left shortly after we played them, iirc, and to be fair Jess could have taken his place seamlessly. The two best players on the park. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCquwTiffY

He'd have done well in Italy you'd think.

Time on the ball and an appreciation of talented footballers.

Definitely. 

The physical passpasspasstackletackletackle of the English league didn't afford him the time on the ball he needed to flourish. 

Torino were one of the clubs rumoured to be interested at the time, I think you're right... but whether there was any truth to that or not I dunno. 

That Carbone cunt left shortly after we played them, iirc, and to be fair Jess could have taken his place seamlessly. The two best players on the park. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpIqU5UjRYI

I just realised Paul Fucking Kane was in that team. 

How I hated that lazy, mongo, Hibee cunt. He was terrible. 

Definitely.

Torino were one of the clubs rumoured to be interested at the time, I think you're right... but whether there was any truth to that or not I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpIqU5UjRYI

I just realised Paul Fucking Kane was in that team.

How I hated that lazy, mongo, Hibee cunt. He was terrible.

You tend to remember Kane slightly more favourably given some of the absolute rollicking shitebags that followed him. I call it the Richie Byrne effect.

Can’t get any worse than the Mark McGhee era of complete embarrassments. By far my lowest memories of being an Aberdeen fan. Calderwood was like guardiola compared to that inept cunt.

Very true.

Iirc McGhee had us lined up at fir park one game with no out and out striker in a leveinesque formation. Against Motherwell. We lost.

I vividly recall the Jess Carbone thing as the two of them were on fire at Pittodrie. I then remember (what seemed like) our arse collapsing in Italy. I don’t remember Rico’s goal funnily enough. Always pleasing to be reminded on you tube mind.

The away leg was first.  We went 2-0 up then think they pulled one back just before half time with a deflected free kick.  Ended up losing 3-2

Watched the game on Rai Uno on cable with Northsound radio commentary on in the background

The away leg was first.  We went 2-0 up then think they pulled one back just before half time with a deflected free kick.  Ended up losing 3-2

Watched the game on Rai Uno on cable with Northsound radio commentary on in the background

We seemed to run out of legs in Turin.

Was the deflected free kick not their winner, right at the end of the game?

it was just a desperate shot from about 30 yards, which probably wouldnt have bothered the keeper, but it hit (I think) scott booth. 

Whoever it was, he wasn't even part of the wall, and it completely changed the direction of the shot and wrong footed the keeper.

jammy eyetie bastards.  easily one of the most sickening moments in my career following the dons.

Deflection aside, we would probably have done it, had we got to half time without conceeding.

I reckon that team would win the modern day league pretty comfortably.

You think? 

They'd fucking romp it.

100% would rip the league to shreds and with plenty to spare. Outrageous starting 11

On topic Jess was absolutely incredible. As been said a joy to watch and unreal to have a homegrown player like him in our team

Team if I recall would been pretty much:

Snelders

McKimmie Mcliesh Miller Robertson

Jess Grant Bett Mason

Hans Nicholas

Reading lineups from past seasons might lead to a massive swelling (of pride), but it only makes it harder to get excited about our current lot.

I’ll always be grateful for having been around for the early Smith/Scott and early W Miller teams.

• Upvote 1