How To Successfully Grow A Beard

11 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

6-8 weeks. Depends on your genetics as well. 

Leave it for 6 weeks untouched then try put some shape into it. Then just keep growing whilst maintaining the shape and the hairs should get long enough so you can comb/brush over the weak bits. Shampoo it with beard stuff every other day and make sure it's well oiled and balmed etc. 

Some sage advice young consi. Nae sure what kind of beard guy I’m going to be yet. 

18 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Bump. 

I’m starting my journey. 

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

6-8 weeks. Depends on your genetics as well. 

Leave it for 6 weeks untouched then try put some shape into it. Then just keep growing whilst maintaining the shape and the hairs should get long enough so you can comb/brush over the weak bits. Shampoo it with beard stuff every other day and make sure it's well oiled and balmed etc. 

weak bits

LOL

2 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Some sage advice young consi. Nae sure what kind of beard guy I’m going to be yet. 

I can only ever get to about 12 weeks before I decide I cba anymore. 

Had a long one the other day but shaved it off and now sporting a tache for lolz.

YouTube will give you all the info you need, but be warned, the type of guys who make those vids are total and utter wanks.

Just now, Studebaker-90 said:

Nowhere near that right now. Must be a few months afore you can start adding the oils and balms.

Nah, needs the skin underneath to be moisturise so it can grow. Won't grow well if it's full of dry skin, as they tend to get untouched. Also stops it from being itchy meaning you're less likely to get rid. 

Just use a small amount of oil would be my suggestion just now and then use balm when it gets longer and heavier so it can be manipulated to cover anything up. 

4 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Nowhere near that right now. Must be a few months afore you can start adding the oils and balms.

Oils anytime. If I trim mine right down I'll still oil it. Needs a bit of growth for full benefit of a balm. Wee comb, oil and balm makes the world of difference. 

#beardfriends

#beardsofthehat

Grew a 4/5 weeker in the Summer but needed to shave it for work.I’d have kept it otherwise as it was looking great.

Mates were saying I looked like some guy off Gangs of London, but couldna say as I’ve not seen it.

Beard comb/brush/oil/shampoo all essential in my limited experience.

Used to shampoo mine a couple of times a week, but comb and brush and oil first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

12 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Far from it. 

I just need a commitment from my fellow beardmen. 

Go magnificent or go home. 

If you've got a full heed' o hair u dinna need a massive een. 

You're overcompensating for your tiny penis and bald head.