Aberdeen 5 - 0 Chikhura Sachkhere (6 - 1)

What a difference it makes when we go out not worrying about who we are playing and play with a bit of pace.  Hedges looks like a cracking find, really happy with how he's settling in, Cosgrove proved a lot of people wrong, mainly the clueless types that wanted him dropped for a lad that managed 4 goals in 32 games last season.

• Downvote 5

Looked much much better tonight. Things starting to click.

Ojo is gonna be a key player for us this season, he allows everyone else so much more freedom to go play.

Don’t get the comments on the ref, he was absolutely pish tonight. Hopelessly inconsistent in his decision making. Only let the game flow because he missed so many blatant fouls, then would call fouls when there was none.

Good win though, nae often we make it that easy for ourselves.

Thought that side played some good stuff. They were nowhere near as bad as the scoreline suggests, which should be applauded as we were ruthless.

Hat off to Cosgrove. He put everything right tonight after a less than convincing start to the campaign. Second goal was a peach, particularly that Ball from Ferguson.

Cosgrove will get all the plaudits tonight, but Lewis Ferguson was absolutely brilliant. As was Hedges and Leigh. Nobody had a bad game.

Really encouraging performance tonight, with no failures.

Georgians were no mugs, attempting to play out from the back most of time.

Most pleasing aspect for me was all new signings on park contributed big style.

They played nice football but they are shite, imo.

They were fucking horrendous and offered practically zero goal threat for 90 minutes.

They had periods of possession when we stood off them, and even then they did fuck all with it.

I hope every team we meet this season are this bad.

Cosgrove’s 3rd was something Dennis Bergkamp would of been proud of. I can give the boy no higher credit. Goes 5% of the way to compensating me on (supporting) him on previously Dr Maarten endured performances.

Tin Foil Logan, you’re still a bead rattler. And Batty you’re still a poltis.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In order

Hedges - my MoM

Cosgrove - can’t argue with that hat trick. 2+3 were things of beauty.

Ojo - exactly what we needed, so much so I actually think Ferguson is just taking a wee minute to workout where he fits in now.

Leigh - call this a shot in the dark but I think that goal may just be the source of some quaffed ales. Doesn’t strike me as the shy and retiring type.

Gallagher.- Leigh’s goal was down to him correctly getting fucked off with Cosgrove and Mcginns failure to press fuck all and going after the boy into the corner. Has to learn to lift a cross over the first man though.

Scott Wright- took his. Goal very well. Looks like he could link well with Gallagher.

The two home games have been absolutely amazing to watch. A bit strange that the two away games have been so utterly different.

Another vote here for what a find Hedges is. A very good replacement for GMS.

Very encouraging signs from Ojo, Leigh and Gallagher too.

And we've still to fit McLennan, Wilson, Bryson and Main in too.

Anyone know what happened to Main? I presume when May was up at Banff it was not intended for him to be in ahead of Main