St Mirren 1 - 0 Aberdeen

To be honest I'm expecting a big reaction come Thursday, which I think will lead to a victory on the night.

Whether that will lead to qualification for the next round we'll have to wait and see.

Regarding next Sunday, we'll beat Dundee, which, again, will be a reaction to today's poor result.

Let's not get too depressed on the back of two results. Plenty of season ahead of us yet!! COYR.

Ok Great Expectations where's this reaction coming from ? Miracles only happen now and then. Come January McKenna will be gone and the way Mcinnes is going about things he should be gone as well. Aberdeen and supporters deserve better Mcinnes I don't think will produce it he's had long enough. Add Milne to the list. Last Thursday and today the team were absolutely shite.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stonewall penalty but that would have papered over an inept performance. The front three were so lacking match sharpness it meant there was absolutely no movement up front. Midfield didn't gel and McKenna and Considine therefore had to spend most of the game playing passes to each other. McInnes can't utilise a squad of players. His ego must have taken a bashing after getting outwitted tactically by Jim Goodwin!

Funny the amount of folk finally seeing that sleekit hun bastard for the cunt he is

Since the league cup final hun DMC lost 3-0 ive had enough of the fucker.

No fight no heart refuses to learn from previous failures.

But because milnes right up his arse hes going nowhere. Even secured a new deal and pay rise.

Sleekit hun cunt.

We are fuckes unless the bastard decides to walk or is caught riding India.

His move to england to complete " unfinished business" is fucked.

Stevie Clarke in the national job, a job he did want despite his denials. So that route is gone.

Weve to put up with him.

Mores the pity

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Funny the amount of folk finally seeing that sleekit hun bastard for the cunt he is

Since the league cup final hun DMC lost 3-0 ive had enough of the fucker.

No fight no heart refuses to learn from previous failures.

But because milnes right up his arse hes going nowhere. Even secured a new deal and pay rise.

Sleekit hun cunt.

We are fuckes unless the bastard decides to walk or is caught riding India.

His move to england to complete " unfinished business" is fucked.

Stevie Clarke in the national job, a job he did want despite his denials. So that route is gone.

Weve to put up with him.

Mores the pity

Think you should change your username to Hun DMC, would save you a few hours a week typing it out in every single post.

A disgusting performance.  Its bad enough losing the game to what is a shite St Mirren side but to be so poor in possession, so slack in the tackle and create the square root of fuck all for the first 75 minutes is unforgivable.

I also think McInnes needs to take a lot of blame for the fringe players being so off the pace.  Why has no friendly matches been organised in between the European ties to give these players any sort of match time?  Main, McLennan and Wright looked so far off the pace it was ridiculous.

Sam Cosgrove's scan better go well tomorrow as if he is out for a period of time we are in serious trouble.

This afternoon was very poor especially the first half

We were really negative in the first half and never asked any questions of St Mirren with lots of side ways negative football

Second half was better however we should be beating teams like this easily, we are so predicable and it looks like a long season ahead

DMCs time is running out he has taken Aberdeen as far as he can 

I think we might be okay without Cosgrove. Might be less lumping balls out of defence and more keeping the ball on the deck and trying to stretch teams with our pace and a bit of movement and getting balls into the box at feet of Wilson and Anderson.

Or we'll just stick to the same formula but with Main instead of Cosgrove.

Sick of this shite. Like someone mentioned aswel, usually shrug off a defeat and move on but this is utter nonsense. Losing to St Mirren who will be lucky to pick up 5 wins at home in league this season. Full away end as usual with the red army. Wilson gets on for last few minutes, absolute nonsense. He should have been on at half time when it was 1-0 down and the team out there hadn’t managed to get a goal back in the first half. they were given plenty of time to do this and failed. Last 5 minutes, fuck me mcinnes.

The Aberdeen job is a big job and a very very attractive job. This job should be judged with mcinnes at the helm like the rangers and Celtic jobs are judged with gerrard and Lennon in charge. Mcinnes is failing and this nonsense of shitting his pants with a decent team is nonsense. Happening far to much and we need fresh approach with someone who can do something with this team. Rangers got rid of managers who were not good enough in last few years. Celtic got rid of deila as they were shite. Mcinnes is at his level and he is doing shite

• Downvote 1

Ok Great Expectations where's this reaction coming from ? Miracles only happen now and then. Come January McKenna will be gone and the way Mcinnes is going about things he should be gone as well. Aberdeen and supporters deserve better Mcinnes I don't think will produce it he's had long enough. Add Milne to the list. Last Thursday and today the team were absolutely shite.

For fuck sake min. Do you really support the Dons?

I do and fully expect the disappointments of the last two games to serve as inspiration for Thursday and Sunday's matches.

I didn't get too high when we thumped the Georgians and came from behind to beat the Watery Farts and, as a consequence, will not get too low following the last two matches.

Things will improve, I am sure of it, stand free!!

Hard to believe we are the same side that played all that lovely stuff just over a week ago scoring 5 and looking like a proper team. Today was horrible, a gutless weak insipid performance. To think some had us down as title challengers this season.

Main gave the type of performance that a second rate journeyman will give you. Baffling signing as was Wilson who must be utterly honking in training to be unable to force his way into our starting line up.

If we like like this next week we are out the cup.

Seriously....? When we will ever learn. We are a top 6 side and no more.

Sounds like going to bed at half time was the right thing to do. That first half was truly putrid. 

Second half was slight improvement but not much better.

First half we never put any pressure on St Mirren in their own half, was constant sideways passes between two centre halfs and no out ball in midfield. 

Second half was played mainly in their half, created nothing though until McGinn chance late on. 

Considine played well, so did McKenna first half, Lewis Ferguson was trying his utmost to pull us back but can't do it all himself.  The rest varied from poor to extremely poor.

Leigh was bang average at left back, didn't offer much defensively or going forward.

Vyner was a pretty poor debut.  Certainly up there as one of the worst performers in the team.  Too early to judge though after one game.

Ojo, not impressed, too many silly fouls, slowed the play down too much and got caught on the ball.

Wright was untterly honking, his only asset is running with the ball, canna mind him doing that once.  No way should this guy be starting for us.

McLennan, generally poor, had glimpses of his running causing problems though and thought he was unlucky to be hooked.

Hedges, Saw a lot of the ball but very little to nothing with it. 

Main, offered nothing, service was honking but didn't get involved and couldn't hold the ball up.

Subs

Gallagher lots of running, not much end product when on the ball.

McGinn, was unlucky with our only real chance, we look much better with him on the pitch.

Wilson, in the short time on the pitch he controlled the ball chipped it over defenders head and passed it on.  Obvious he has more ability than most in our team, not sure what he has to do to get on the pitch.

Manager

Its not that we don't have the players to beat likes of St Mirren but the tactics just seem to be damage limitation from the off.  We have bags of pace in our team this season but we don't use it.  Its sideways pass after sideways pass.  First half sitting so deep and not pressuring them until they cross the half way line is an absolute disgrace.  They were first to every ball, won all the second balls looked more hungry and were far better organised.  We have no ability to change our shape or the way we play.  Its get the ball wide and if that fails try again in the slightest hope that it will maybe eventually work.  Its not just this season its been there for years now.  The stubborness to change things up is killing any potential we have.

Can't see this season being any different from last few, great win followed by glorious failure.  I just wish we'd be positive in every game we play.  Oh and special mention to the referee yesterday, a more stone wall pen you will never see, when he got dogs abuse about being a hun with a whistle I'm sure I saw a smile.  Still no excuse for that performance.

We have no ability to change our shape or the way we play. Its get the ball wide and if that fails try again in the slightest hope that it will maybe eventually work. Its not just this season its been there for years now. The stubborness to change things up is killing any potential we have.

I think you’re forgetting our devastating “swap the wingers” manoeuvre where we try to take two completely ineffective wingers and stick them on their weaker foot to see if that rattles them.

It doesn’t.

Second half was slight improvement but not much better.

First half we never put any pressure on St Mirren in their own half, was constant sideways passes between two centre halfs and no out ball in midfield. 

Second half was played mainly in their half, created nothing though until McGinn chance late on. 

Considine played well, so did McKenna first half, Lewis Ferguson was trying his utmost to pull us back but can't do it all himself.  The rest varied from poor to extremely poor.

Leigh was bang average at left back, didn't offer much defensively or going forward.

Vyner was a pretty poor debut.  Certainly up there as one of the worst performers in the team.  Too early to judge though after one game.

Ojo, not impressed, too many silly fouls, slowed the play down too much and got caught on the ball.

Wright was untterly honking, his only asset is running with the ball, canna mind him doing that once.  No way should this guy be starting for us.

McLennan, generally poor, had glimpses of his running causing problems though and thought he was unlucky to be hooked.

Hedges, Saw a lot of the ball but very little to nothing with it. 

Main, offered nothing, service was honking but didn't get involved and couldn't hold the ball up.

Subs

Gallagher lots of running, not much end product when on the ball.

McGinn, was unlucky with our only real chance, we look much better with him on the pitch.

Wilson, in the short time on the pitch he controlled the ball chipped it over defenders head and passed it on.  Obvious he has more ability than most in our team, not sure what he has to do to get on the pitch.

Manager

Its not that we don't have the players to beat likes of St Mirren but the tactics just seem to be damage limitation from the off.  We have bags of pace in our team this season but we don't use it.  Its sideways pass after sideways pass.  First half sitting so deep and not pressuring them until they cross the half way line is an absolute disgrace.  They were first to every ball, won all the second balls looked more hungry and were far better organised.  We have no ability to change our shape or the way we play.  Its get the ball wide and if that fails try again in the slightest hope that it will maybe eventually work.  Its not just this season its been there for years now.  The stubborness to change things up is killing any potential we have.

Can't see this season being any different from last few, great win followed by glorious failure.  I just wish we'd be positive in every game we play.  Oh and special mention to the referee yesterday, a more stone wall pen you will never see, when he got dogs abuse about being a hun with a whistle I'm sure I saw a smile.  Still no excuse for that performance.

What did Lewis Ferguson actually do though? If Deano played like that folk would be calling for him to go on loan and not being ready. Thought he had an actual shocker of a game, mis controlled the ball a lot and had no impact at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1