Scotland vs Russia/San Marino

That’s the thing, I couldn’t give one fuck. Scotland are so bad that I’ve completely lost interest. It’s beyond pathetic how inept the players are. Genuinely at the same level as countries like Andorra.

That's the same feeling about the mighty dons since the first euro games. lost interest and their on the same level as Inverness raith rovers and Morton.

Pretty easy to see where the problems lie with the national side and unfortunately there’s no quick fix on the horizon. We have one genuinely quality defender in Robertson and potentially one other in Tierney were he not made out of paper mache. We’re trying to fit square pegs into round holes with the rest and nothings working so far. Mckenna was the one who stood out as our best hope at a commanding CB but sadly his progress has stalled in recent months for a number of reasons. I think Clarke is hoping to hit upon a partnership at the back by trial and error but you’d be hard pressed to find a Dons fan who believed Devlin has been playing well enough to merit a call up let alone a first team start.

The other major problem is at the other end of the park where there’s not one striker we can look towards as a serious goal threat. The fact that Clarke has had to drop into the first division to find a goal-scoring Scottish forward in Shankland speaks volumes. No one is making waves in the SPL. Our most likeliest goal threat is from our smattering of above average midfielders like Christie, McGinn and Fraser who are certainly capable of turning a game but have struggled to make an impression against quality opposition.

Sadly I think Clarke is just going to have to keep trying to polish the turd that is out national team and hope some youngsters make the breakthrough. As mentioned we lack any kind of leadership on the park so how he solves that conundrum I don’t know.

The only positive I can see is we have three ties left which we should be taking full points and notching a few goals so hopefully someone takes the opportunity and helps build our fragile confidence. Another Kazakhstan failure could sink us further into the mire though.

Need to go full on defensive mode...Fraser not doing it.. as we've got nothing up front. Against decent teams got to get some solidity going:

Marshall

O'Donnell Cooper McKenna Tierney

Phillips McTominayMcGinnChristie Robertson

McBurnie

O’Donnell, Cooper, Philips & McBurnie should be nowhere near that team. Would rather promote some boys from the Under-21’s instead of that imposters

Maybe there is something in Strachans comments about the size of players. We've a team full of wee boys. We have a lot of good talent in the side, but we don't have any strength or leadership in the middle of the park to boss things. Same up top.

Only going to get worse with the likes of billy Gilmour and karamoke dembele coming through as our “best young talent” both about 5 foot

Why don't we play Robertson and Tierney as the wingers. They both are used to playing in teams who are mostly on the front foot (certainly Robertson has looked shite at defending in a Scotland shirt). Something like (for example):

Marshall

O'Donnell McKenna Gallagher Taylor

Tierney Armstrong mcginn Christie Robertson

Shankland

Basically it's playing with 6 defenders which might give our full backs a bit more protection than having Fraser and forrest ahead of them, and will allow Robertson and Tierney to play more advanced than they would otherwise be in a Scotland team that will be playing much deeper than Liverpool arsenal Celtic.

We are so shaky defensively and so lacking in creativity that surely it would be worth a try? Robertson has been like a man down for the past few games.