Liverpool v Man Utd

Paulo

Guest LondonScottish
Absolutely, the mark of champions.

Absolutely. Man Utd haven't been in that great form recently, but they've kept on winning. No way Chelsea are going to claw back a 13 point deficit from here.

i wouldnt say the mark of champions. that term is overused imo. a true championship winning side should be able to play their game wherever they go, not soak up attack after attack after attack then get lucky in the 91st minute.

i wont say that liverpool deserved the win, no chance of that but i also dont think man utd played like the champions elect. same for the fulham game. they didnt deserve the win, but persevered and got the result.

Perseverance is a trait that all clubs should be striving to instill in all their players really....so why is it only united that keep fighting to the bitter end? mental and physical fatigue? or lack lack of desire to win?

Guest LondonScottish
i wouldnt say the mark of champions. that term is overused imo. a true championship winning side should be able to play their game wherever they go, not soak up attack after attack after attack then get lucky in the 91st minute.

i wont say that liverpool deserved the win, no chance of that but i also dont think man utd played like the champions elect. same for the fulham game. they didnt deserve the win, but persevered and got the result.

Perseverance is a trait that all clubs should be striving to instill in all their players really....so why is it only united that keep fighting to the bitter end? mental and physical fatigue? or lack lack of desire to win?

Didn't some "top" manager in England not say a few weeks ago that Manchester Utd's team was too old, and that they couldn't last for 90 minutes???

Guest Stoney

Hmm as i was saying to robo on saturday we were very luck and in no way deserved to win BUT

i think back to when the boot was on the other foor a few times and a certain chap called danny murphy made a bid of a habit of mugging us.......

I will say one thing though another hyped up to the max game by sky and yet another let down - tamest game between the clubs i have ever witnessed

And your telling me, the linesman seen that flick. There was "minimal" contact to be honest. Was a debatable decision.

O'Shea's goal made up for the penalty decision, so pipe down lad. You won the game, can't go claiming for everything now. Man United are gifted penalties all the time, its about time a ref never gave you one.

Erm... What you doing just now? :)

The linesman would definitely have seen it. Sissoko's flick-on is not very clear in that clip, but i'm looking for the clip where the camera is behind the goal.

I wasn't claiming. What I said was "its a debatable decision". Neither for or against the linesmans decision.

If I was claiming, I would be completely against the linesmans decision.

Fergie's reaction was quite funny, think it was complete relief to be honest. I think he should retire if they win the league. Sign off in style. Its time for him to step down IMO. He might not get a better chance to sign off in style.

think the temptation to go for a tenth title may be too much for him.

Guest Stoney
think the temptation to go for a tenth title may be too much for him.

Haha would settle for getting the 9th one in the bag 1st like :D

Actually think what he really wants is another European Cup or 2

He said recently that he wants another 2-3 years, at least!

When he said he was going to retire, it gave him 'a new lease of life' or something.

He wants another European Cup. Sounds daft, but you can almost imagine him dying in the dugout. He'll never want to quit...

Archived