Coronavirus

Henry

7 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

Sadly part of life is death. At some point we've got to bring survival of the fittest into this if a vaccine isn't found. Governments will run out of money and the long term health effects to our (otherwise) fit and healthy working age population will outweigh the benefits of lockdown. A non scientific look at social media in the last couple of days suggest sthe tide has turned on support for the Aberdeen "local lockdown."

I've also noticed the tide is turning against lockdown, people are tired of being told what to do and in general they accept the risk the virus brings, after half a year in lockdown they've had enough.

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

I've also noticed the tide is turning against lockdown, people are tired of being told what to do and in general they accept the risk the virus brings, after half a year in lockdown they've had enough.

Yep hanzo which is pretty much what most folk thought in the first place.

Isolate if you have liekumia. Otherwise let fit folk get on with their lives with the caveat of not being completely stupid and using common sense.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ive noticed the more relaxed attitude as well but I don't think it's folk being 'tired of being told what to do ,it's just natural human complacency setting in. 

Yeah. Agreed. The virus levels are pretty low in the general population. So as long as folk are maintaining distancing, avoiding crowded places, washing hand regularly and wearing face coverings in enclosed spaces, the levels should remain pretty low. 

I do think the Scottish government are getting close to the point of being over cautious in some respects. I can understand that given their fuck up at the start and being far too slow to introduce stiffer restrictions though  

I was glad to see them bringing forward the opening of leisure facilities was welcomed, as is news that amateur football can restart and crowds can start going back to professional games. 

Just now, tutankamun said:

Italy is making masks compulsory in some outdoor areas

Isn't transmission outdoors pretty unusual? Last research I read studying clusters there were almost none occurring outdoors. 

Unless the places were over crowded I'm not sure there's much risk. Perhaps recommending them outdoors might be more appropriate. However, I'd just fucking put one on given how little hassle it is. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Isn't transmission outdoors pretty unusual? Last research I read studying clusters there were almost none occurring outdoors. 

Unless the places were over crowded I'm not sure there's much risk. Perhaps recommending them outdoors might be more appropriate. However, I'd just fucking put one on given how little hassle it is. 

Dr Hilary is an advocate of wearing masks outdoors

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/gmbs-dr-hilary-jones-issues-18788413

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Heard a rumour, could be shite, that Tayside getting locked down. Fucking shambles if true. 

Tayside includes 3 local authorities, Dundee City, Perth & Kinross and Angus, 400,000 people and a massive geographical area (similar size to Grampian).

Disastrous if true. 

17 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Heard a rumour, could be shite, that Tayside getting locked down. Fucking shambles if true. 

I think lockdown is a nonsense however if we're locked down so should you cunts be.  Posting higher rates of infection than up here now

Guest milne_afc
17 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

When’s the last time you chinned someone? Potential new thread. 

@Henry

Sure there's already one in existence. 

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

An increase far bigger today in Tayside than ever was in Aberdeen (Grampian) 

We are still shut down tho! 

Scandalous now 

Hypothetically if I lived in Coupar Angus and wanted to go for a pint, could I? Assuming I didn't work at the food processing plant involved in the outbreak or were any of their close contacts.

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

An increase far bigger today in Tayside than ever was in Aberdeen (Grampian) 

We are still shut down tho! 

Scandalous now 

Aberdeen’s average new daily cases over the last week is about 5 or 6 (4 today).

We should be opening the pubs today, not Wednesday (assuming they are even going to do it then).