Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, zander said:

Great post, the fact that Sturgeon seems to think this virus stops at the city limits is baffling. The City and Shire are so intertwined it's impossible to control it by locking down the City itself. Ellon, Stonehaven, Inverurie etc are virtually suburbs of Aberdeen.

Agree with that. When figures announced by her are given as "Grampian" (some digging is required to find Aberdeen City) it makes you wonder if she knows the difference between Aberdeen, Grampian, Aberdeenshire, Moray, Banffshire, Kincardine shire etc. When pals from Stonehaven and Westhill are sharing pictures of them boozing in Aberdeen City Centre pubs, while you have someone in @Zeussituation it makes you wonder. Perhaps she thinks that if you cut off the "Centre" then you can control the virus in the outlying areas because people won't be gathering in the centre?

Someone has made this point before but Portlethen is closer to Aberdeen City Centre than Peterculter and is arguably better connected.

46 minutes ago, Zeus said:

6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

We at least have a strong head of state . Can’t argue with that in these times. 

Imagine had it been Kez Dugdale ffs?

I quite liked Kez. Seemed a decent sort who allowed herself to be coerced in to supporting a position she didn't believe in. 

(Love ken loach films) 

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You'd have fitted right in in Nazi Germany Parky. Lots of rules and restrictions and stern punishments. You'd have been grassing up your neighbour for having a trimmed foreskin that's for sure. 

You're pretty simple, aren't you? 

As I've stated, I don't agree with the continuation of restrictions in Aberdeen. 

Im merely responding in kind to the comment aimed at me about where I live. 

Now, haven't you got something else to pretend to be annoyed about? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
Guest the shepherd
13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

In everywhere in Scotland that folk can be trusted to follow simple guidelines. 

Are you inferring people in Aberdeen and the surrounding areas cannot be trusted? Not a very nice thing to claim without any unequivocal evidence that is beyond all reasonable doubt. 

What makes you so self-resplendent and medically and politically qualified to make such a statement? 

5 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

Are you inferring people in Aberdeen and the surrounding areas cannot be trusted? Not a very nice thing to claim without any unequivocal evidence that is beyond all reasonable doubt. 

What makes you so self-resplendent and medically and politically qualified to make such a statement? 

Deary me. That's pretty embarrassing for you. 

I'll be sure to tell you when something is a joke beforehand next time. Save you having to drag your knuckles to the keyboard to reply. 

• Downvote 5
Guest the shepherd
18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Deary me. That's pretty embarrassing for you. 

I'll be sure to tell you when something is a joke beforehand next time. Save you having to drag your knuckles to the keyboard to reply. 

It wasn't even remotely funny if it was supposed to be a "joke". 

47 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You're pretty simple, aren't you? 

As I've stated, I don't agree with the continuation of restrictions in Aberdeen. 

Im merely responding in kind to the comment aimed at me about where I live. 

Now, haven't you got something else to pretend to be annoyed about? 

Deary me. That's pretty embarrassing for you. 

I'll be sure to tell you when something is a joke beforehand next time. Save you having to drag your knuckles to the keyboard to reply. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

So the numbers are about the same per head of population .

I see.

Lock down Glasgow!

its about trends though, they keep talking about the virus working in 7 / 14 day blocks. I'm not sure why they cant look at 7 day trends every day though, I doubt the virus knows when it's Wednesday...

Glasgow, whilst higher, has remained fairly constant, Aberdeen has had its blip and the average is coming down every day, for me this should be reviewed daily. Perth / Angus are showing rises.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Don't know about daily but certainly twice weekly would be potentially more appropriate. 

they don't have to officially announce anything on a daily basis but the government are looking at the daily data so if they see a good 7 day trend, even on a Sunday they shouldn't have to wait until Wednesday to respond, every day is costing people in Aberdeen money. they wouldn't wait 'til Wednesday if the trend was going in the wrong direction...

1 minute ago, tutankamun said:

they don't have to officially announce anything on a daily basis but the government are looking at the daily data so if they see a good 7 day trend, even on a Sunday they shouldn't have to wait until Wednesday to respond, every day is costing people in Aberdeen money. they wouldn't wait 'til Wednesday if the trend was going in the wrong direction...

Yeah. I take your point. I just think daily could throw up anomalies, that was all. 

Agree about the waiting until Wednesday part totally.