Coronavirus

Henry

14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

We're going to have these fucking sob stories for years. Anybody moaning about money and losing jobs/businesses will be dismissed as a greedy moaning cunt but everyone will be sympathetic to the lifestyle bloggers who's chai latte allegedly now tastes like turps. 

It's all fucking bullshit. I'd shoot the cunts. 

I’m at other end of scale, never needed as much as a paracetamol \ GP in my adult life

I’m one of life’s winners tho.

No doubt whatsoever there’s trash milking the system

17 hours ago, Henry said:

If she runs a yoga class she doesn't need to be seen by physio. Sounds like a deserter imo. 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Daily Mail (I know) has got 400 British tourists going to verbier skiing, being told to quarantine and so either fucking off home in the huff or pissing off to another resort.

That’s a whole new level of cuntery right there, COVID or not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55465079

"Some Swiss hoteliers only discovered the guests had vanished when room service trays were left untouched outside doors, Swiss media reported. Others were called by British tourists demanding their money back once they had safely crossed into France, the BBC's Imogen Foulkes reports from Geneva."

So you booked your posh cunt family skiing holiday to Switzerland, get told you now have to quarantine. So you break quarantine, fuck off and demand your money back. 

What a bunch of wanks.  

It's pretty scandalous to be honest. I'm trying my hardest to see the logic behind it all, properly trying. I'm looking at all the graphs and data they present at briefings, and within minutes you can tear them apart. They are, without doubt, used to instil fear by extremely selective and manipulative means.  I've asked for explanations from those responsible for the statistics, and asked for more information and supporting data on the logic behind lockdowns. It might be that they are inundated with requests, but I've received no responses.  None of the data available that I've found points to anything at suggesting this is dangerous to society.   Its sinister, the media portrayal of it all, the censorship of any dissenting opinion (even from a massive field of experts), hit pieces  and whole countries who've approached it differently. Then there's the moving of goal posts by the media and government on the portrayal of severity and control of lockdown measures. During the first outbreak, severity was gauged by the tenuously defined "covid" deaths, and lockdown measures gauged by ITU admissions (I've read the sage paper). And now, when we have 0 excess deaths, low standard deviation from normal ITU admissions, they start using "positive cases"as a guage of severity, and they're now using  an increase in emergency phone calls too, simply because the other numbers they swore by before don't paint the same required picture. We've seen hysteria over a "super strain" that's supposedly 70 percent more infectious, yet we see no evidence of that in the number of recorded positive cases. This has happened with every single "pandemic" the WHO has declared. Turns out to be a massive "mistake", billions spent. They remain the authority time after time, blunder after blunder. No scrutiny, just devoted obedience to their dictate. When will the wheels for this fall off? They've squandered billions on vaccines and relief, saddled future generations with unseen before debt,  so we will never see a back track. And again, it's the poor that will suffer and pay for it the most.  They will march on pretending this virus was catastrophic, and that we were lucky we had the vaccines, when the only real catastrophes occured as a result of the response and lack of diversity when considering expertise. A terrifyingly religious conviction to only the "correct science", with dissendence treated as heretical (An approach that is really the antithesis of science). A new age of religion, the dictated church of "our science". Sad times.

my pal wrote this in our chat earlier. Found it quite compelling 

The data is the data - so while I understand that where there is some inaccuracy in the tests being conducted, I reckon that they’ll be fairly representative of the overall trend - i.e. whether cases or hospital admissions are increasing or decreasing.

Its the messages that are coming with the interpretations that bother me.

For example, in one BBC article:

Covid-19: Concern at 'unprecedented' infection level in England https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55462701

In the article, some “offishul” comes out with this:

“Health officials in Wales and Scotland have also said they are at risk of becoming overwhelmed.“

But the graph clearly shows that hospital admissions in Scotland are decreasing.

It's all a massive over reaction that they can't admit so have to double down on. Lockdowns and restrictions haven't worked? We need more lockdowns and restrictions! It's completely fucking stupid. 

No one will ever persuade me that this couldn't have been dealt with differently and with much less damage. Asking perfectly healthy people to sit and fester at home, plunging millions into poverty, letting people die of other diseases, terrifying people into thinking other people are sources of infection and death and massively dividing people was never going to be a good thing. 

Giving us facts, protecting the vulnerable and stopping cunts coming into the country would've been a good start. 

After the initial lockdown we had that suppressed the virus to low levels, borders should've been closed (mandatory enforced 2 week quarantine for anyone arriving in the country) & a functional track and trace system put in place. 

That's what's worked in the Far East and what those nations told us to do. Western exceptionalism wouldn't allow that though. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

After the initial lockdown we had that suppressed the virus to low levels, borders should've been closed (mandatory enforced 2 week quarantine for anyone arriving in the country) & a functional track and trace system put in place. 

That's what's worked in the Far East and what those nations told us to do. Western exceptionalism wouldn't allow that though. 

It was incompetence Parky, not 'western exceptionalism' which you've just invented. 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's all a massive over reaction that they can't admit so have to double down on. Lockdowns and restrictions haven't worked? We need more lockdowns and restrictions! It's completely fucking stupid. 

No one will ever persuade me that this couldn't have been dealt with differently and with much less damage. Asking perfectly healthy people to sit and fester at home, plunging millions into poverty, letting people die of other diseases, terrifying people into thinking other people are sources of infection and death and massively dividing people was never going to be a good thing. 

Giving us facts, protecting the vulnerable and stopping cunts coming into the country would've been a good start. 

Absolutely.

The part earlier I disagree with though, Lockdown does work (where the population is largely compliant). We saw that in the summer, although it took longer to get under control.

Its the complicated  relaxation measures that have allowed the virus to spread: more people together, folk getting fatigued with the ever changing rules so eventually stop adhering to them.

The Asian model wouldn’t work here - we’re not obedient enough as a culture. Giving people the facts to make their own decisions doesn’t work either - too many thick cunts.