Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

Yeah but if the vaccine works what's the problem as NEM says.  Why would you make it mandatory? People who need it take it, job done.

49 minutes ago, NEM said:

Agreed

Disagree. Nobody should be coerced into taking it under fear of losing their job. If those that are susceptible have had it then there shouldn’t be a problem 

I can see both sides of the argument. No vaccine will be 100% effective, but having both parties have the vaccine would massive decrease the risk

1.048 million vaccine doses given so far in Scotland. Circa 63k yesterday. 23% of the adult population (according to Sturgatron)  

Vaccination numbers trending the right way but we need them to go up rapidly to get a chance of a normal domestic summer. Hopefully the daily vaccination numbers continually to accelerate upwards. 

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

1.048 million vaccine doses given so far in Scotland. Circa 63k yesterday. 23% of the adult population (according to Sturgatron)  

Vaccination numbers trending the right way but we need them to go up rapidly to get a chance of a normal domestic summer. Hopefully the daily vaccination numbers continually to accelerate upwards. 

Can see the percentage figure straight lining for a while as people start getting the second doses. 

I actually have my doubts over the 23% figure, not doubting the amount of vaccines but don't think 23% of the population are over 75. Will already be a lot getting their second one.

Edit; have looked it up, it's actually probably correct, I retract my doubt.

50 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Get those vaccinated already sorted with their second dose and there’s absolutely no reasonable excuse for not ending lockdown 

Those numbers should indicate light at the end of the tunnel 

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

Get those vaccinated already sorted with their second dose and there’s absolutely no reasonable excuse for not ending lockdown 

No chance.

Sturgeon just said don't book holidays in the Uk or abroad for the summer.

Numbers across the board all down.

Perce rate of positivity down to 4% which according to WHO it is under control.(Before madnobby comes on that's not the group)

It's a joke.No encouragement of any easing of restrictions.

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

Apart from vaccines not being totally effective and unknown nature of whether people who're vaccinated can still transmit the virus. 

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

They do to me. We're vaccinating fairly rapidly (if they can keep yesterday's numbers up everyday, that's 440k a week), so are hopefully on the road to normality (with the obvious exception of international travel).  

Just now, daytripping said:

We're holding steady at 13 new cases in Aberdeen, lot of areas have no reported cases the last 7 days. Looks like we'd almost have it wiped out if it wasn't for a small outbreak in Culter.

Falkirk and Glasgow still a stain on the regions map, how are they getting it so wrong. Maybe just a lack of basic hygiene.

And they probably have about 15 people in a one bed flat

10 minutes ago, daytripping said:

We're holding steady at 13 new cases in Aberdeen, lot of areas have no reported cases the last 7 days. Looks like we'd almost have it wiped out if it wasn't for a small outbreak in Culter.

Falkirk and Glasgow still a stain on the regions map, how are they getting it so wrong. Maybe just a lack of basic hygiene.

Well according to Sturgeon she wants to retain the tier system.

So I am looking forward to her opening up the regions with a low rate.

The drawback there would mean weegie land still In the high tier.

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

We’ll never be out of lockdown then - there’ll always be an excuse. 

I'm not sure I agree. 

You're saying 20% of the population being vaccinated with a vaccine that's 85-%(?) effective is enough to open everything. I'm saying that we'd be better to wait until a much higher proportion of the population have been vaccinated. 

If 95% of people have an 85% effective vaccine, then the prevalence will surely remain very low and there be next to no risk? 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Well according to Sturgeon she wants to retain the tier system.

So I am looking forward to her opening up the regions with a low rate.

The drawback there would mean weegie land still In the high tier.

She won't do that till she can open up glasgow too, at this rate won't be till way later in the year. We could be sitting at zero cases for weeks and she'll still keep us lock downed. 

Just now, Parklife said:

I'm not sure I agree. 

You're saying 20% of the population being vaccinated with a vaccine that's 85-%(?) effective is enough to open everything. I'm saying that we'd be better to wait until a much higher proportion of the population have been vaccinated. 

If 95% of people have an 85% effective vaccine, then the prevalence will surely remain very low and there be next to no risk? 

Till the next variant.

22 minutes ago, NEM said:

We’ll never be out of lockdown then - there’ll always be an excuse. 

No just not as quickly as you and others want it to be

Covid is never going to be eradicated, we will learn to live with it sooner rather than later. It will keep mutating but we will move to an annual vaccination programme covering over 65's and "at risk" groups only, each annual vaccine tailored to cover new strains found the year previous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm not sure I agree. 

The 20% presumably are the vulnerable and the old.  The virus is very little threat to the rest of us.

10 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Till the next variant.

Exactly

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Covid is never going to be eradicated, we will learn to live with it sooner rather than later. It will keep mutating but we will move to an annual vaccination programme covering over 65's and "at risk" groups only, each annual vaccine tailored to cover new strains found the year previous. 

I think just shy of a year in lockdown is long enough tbh

That point should have been reached long ago

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Sturgeon said months ago that she had practically eliminated Covid and that complete elimination is her aim.

It will be a long time before we are out of lockdown if this is her aim.