Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Probably hated amongst his peers by the sound of it. I saw him on thon Danny dyer thing, cringed the whole time. @NEM take it you knew a few of the guys from that era. 

Don’t think he was the full shilling tbh - numerous videos of him on YouTube trying to reinvent himself as a life coach ?

Aye in a previous life 

Aye I'm not wearing masks NEM just that the boy seems fair minded. His bit about people on the left enjoying the restrictions because it fits a lot of their political ideologies is something I've noticed. I lot of people who despise government and think they are wrong about everything were embracing all the lockdowns and swallowing all the reasoning.

• Upvote 1

It’s a complete juxtaposition. It appeared to be the case that those on the left who usually mistrust the right leaning Tory governments policies were generally more supportive of and compliant with their restrictions. People will pick and choose whatever aligns more closely to their ideology regardless of apparent contradictions. In a lot of cases, I don’t think people actually understand what they claim to believe in. People more and more are entrenched in a kind of “us vs them” mentality and the content of what’s being said isn’t really important anymore, it’s more about who said it and which side are they on that’s important. 

I know a couple of SNP boys, go on the marches and that, who were going on about England lifting restrictions as 'madness' and 'murder' but when pointed out we're doing it 3 weeks after them they said 'aye but we're keeping masks'

Totally blinkered to the point of it being pointless discussing anything with them.

It’s complete nonsense. They don’t give one flying fuck about me so I have no affiliation to any party. If somebody stands up and says I will give fair taxes to everyone as we obviously need the money for the economy and look after the folk that need help or in shit I will vote them.

They’re all hypocritical pricks.

My current favourite nonsense is the "shortages" in supermarkets. Anyone sensible can see it's a mixture of problems leading to a shortage of some stuff but it's hardly cold war Russia stuff but still you get the "it's not the pingdemic it's Brexit" and "there are no shortages in the EU" like they actually know that.

It's all a load of wank.

4 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I know a couple of SNP boys, go on the marches and that, who were going on about England lifting restrictions as 'madness' and 'murder' but when pointed out we're doing it 3 weeks after them they said 'aye but we're keeping masks'

Totally blinkered to the point of it being pointless discussing anything with them.

We will hopefully have delivered another 750k jabs in that 3 weeks. 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
4 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

It’s a complete juxtaposition. It appeared to be the case that those on the left who usually mistrust the right leaning Tory governments policies were generally more supportive of and compliant with their restrictions. People will pick and choose whatever aligns more closely to their ideology regardless of apparent contradictions. In a lot of cases, I don’t think people actually understand what they claim to believe in. People more and more are entrenched in a kind of “us vs them” mentality and the content of what’s being said isn’t really important anymore, it’s more about who said it and which side are they on that’s important. 

Fucking hell what did you say on the Gaylord forum studs? Never saw it but there is a torrent of dildo’s.

As moons quite aptly put nothing good comes from there.

• Dildo 2
3 hours ago, Fridge said:

If somebody stands up and says I will give fair taxes to everyone as we obviously need the money for the economy and look after the folk that need help or in shit I will vote them

But Jeremy Corbyn was a communist maniac aye?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Fucking hell what did you say on the Gaylord forum studs? Never saw it but there is a torrent of dildo’s.

As moons quite aptly put nothing good comes from there.

The majority on that part of the forum are losers who don’t take kindly to hijinx. The same few follow me around the forum and dildo me I suspect. Fight it don’t. 

• Dildo 3
6 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Cases are declining quite dramatically. Surely no reason that August the 9th can’t go ahead. I wonder what spiel we will get if they do delay. 

Doubt they will. You see the sharp contrast with case numbers in England though. And now circa 1 million people either have Covid or have been told to isolate. That's not going to be great for economic activity, is it? 

It's the same as it was since day 1 of Covid. If you don't control the public health aspect of it, the economic aspect will be even more devastating than if you try and prioritise economic factors. 

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Doubt they will. You see the sharp contrast with case numbers in England though. And now circa 1 million people either have Covid or have been told to isolate. That's not going to be great for economic activity, is it? 

It's the same as it was since day 1 of Covid. If you don't control the public health aspect of it, the economic aspect will be even more devastating than if you try and prioritise economic factors. 

England’s numbers are now starting to decline, granted the numbers aren’t taking in to account the effect of the 19th as of yet. 

56 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We will hopefully have delivered another 750k jabs in that 3 weeks. 

Whilst that is a fair point its a never ending argument. Why not delay until the 30th August and do another 750k? Then we'll start hearing 'why not delay until the vulnerable have had their boosters" then it'll be time to revaccinate the older groups, winter flu emerging, there will always be a reason to wait.

• Upvote 2