Coronavirus

Henry

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You don't need it though. It's a scam. Why are you "increasing  protein intake" if you are already getting enough through a healthy diet and aren't an athlete?

What's a scam? There are plenty supplements out there that really are a scam and have dodgy at best "evidence" as to their actual benefit.

A high protein diet can assist with increasing muscle mass. Ensuring you're hitting the protein intake you're targeting by supplementing with a scoop of protein powder is fine.

It's not always convenient or cheap to knock up a bit chicken or some scrambled eggs. Wee scoop of protein added to your porridge. Jobs a good un. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

What's a scam? There are plenty supplements out there that really are a scam and have dodgy at best "evidence" as to their actual benefit.

A high protein diet can assist with increasing muscle mass. Ensuring you're hitting the protein intake you're targeting by supplementing with a scoop of protein powder is fine.

It's not always convenient or cheap to knock up a bit chicken or some scrambled eggs. Wee scoop of protein added to your porridge. Jobs a good un. 

Aye ok Geoff Capes. 

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Aye crack on then. I'm sure that scoop in your porridge is really "increasing your muscle mass" I'm sure all the additives and flavourings are perfectly healthy too.

It is, actually. Tri's and Bi's have came back pretty decent.

Plenty of chicken/turkey helps too, eggs as well. 

If you're only getting 56G of protein a day it's no wonder you canna be fucked with the gym.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Honestly just when you think people can't get anymore stupid it turns out they follow the diet of a bodybuilder while spending their time posting on the hat and drinking.

Who follows the diet of a body builder?

I still eat shite here and there, have a beer when I can. But I'm trying to lose weight and high protein intake is good for that. 

Just admit you're havering rubbish and we can move on. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Yeah that'll be it.

Can also confirm that according to a special app downloaded, my muscle mass is in the "very high" category. 

Must be the powder. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It is, actually. Tri's and Bi's have came back pretty decent.

Plenty of chicken/turkey helps too, eggs as well. 

If you're only getting 56G of protein a day it's no wonder you canna be fucked with the gym.

Since when has eating more protein increased motivation?

Just now, NEM said:

Since when has eating more protein increased motivation?

Less likely to see improvement if you're not hitting enough protein, more likely to lose motivation, less likely to keep going. Ken?

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Yeah it must be hilarious to an endurance athlete like yourself. That's the recommended intake for an adult male. I'm sure some quack PT instructor has told you otherwise though.

I'm far from an athlete these days. Used to train religiously and eat perfectly. I know how to get myself in almost peak shape, I've done it. I've no interest in it anymore though because it's too much work.

Honestly just when you think people can't get anymore stupid it turns out they follow the diet of a bodybuilder while spending their time posting on the hat and drinking.

You're the one who's talking shite here and looking stupid. As anyone who's ever read a book and trained semi-seriously will attest. 

There'll be folk on here who'll have been much more serious with training than me. I believe NEM does/did boxing (or maybe MMA?), so he'll know better than me how to get himself in to shape. 

I doubt any of them ingest 55g of protein a day when they're trying to increase muscle mass though. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I'm far from an athlete these days. Used to train religiously and eat perfectly. I know how to get myself in almost peak shape, I've done it. I've no interest in it anymore though because it's too much work.

You're the one who's talking shite here and looking stupid. As anyone who's ever read a book and trained semi-seriously will attest. 

There'll be folk on here who'll have been much more serious with training than me. I believe NEM does/did boxing (or maybe MMA?), so he'll know better than me how to get himself in to shape. 

I doubt any of them ingest 55g of protein a day when they're trying to increase muscle mass though. 

And I'm not convinced everyone using/eating protein powder is training like and athlete or increasing muscle mass.

It's a scam for the majority who think it will help them lose weight/get fitter when they aren't doing enough exercise to get the benefits.

I don't doubt you know better though(you always do)

And I'm not convinced everyone using/eating protein powder is training like and athlete or increasing muscle mass.

I agree. I never said otherwise. 

It's a scam for the majority who think it will help them lose weight/get fitter when they aren't doing enough exercise to get the benefits.

Loads of people will be using it when they don't need it, I agree. That wasn't what was being discussed though. Nice try. 

You've just changed your argument because you're talking shite and seem to have finally realised it. 

Good lad. Glad we got there in the end. 

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Unless you are an athlete or have a very poor diet you'll be getting more than enough protein in your diet.

You're wasting money on a supplement you don't need.

45 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No issue with using a protein supplement.

It's a cheap, convenient & low-calorie way of increasing protein intake. 

No cunt thinks it's a "substitute for hard work" FFS 

40 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You don't need it though. It's a scam. Why are you "increasing  protein intake" if you are already getting enough through a healthy diet and aren't an athlete?

8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I agree. I never said otherwise. 

Loads of people will be using it when they don't need it, I agree. That wasn't what was being discussed though. Nice try. 

You've just changed your argument because you're talking shite and seem to have finally realised it. 

Good lad. Glad we got there in the end. 

You did say otherwise. 

I haven't changed the argument.

You have contradicted yourself.

I'll put it down to you being desperate to stick up for your wee pal.

• Upvote 1

You did say otherwise. 

I haven't changed the argument.

You have contradicted yourself.

I'll put it down to you being desperate to stick up for your wee pal.

Quite the selective quoting there. 

The discussion is there for all to see. I've no need to respond further. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope. You're havering shite. You selectively quoted and shout you won. 

Ive no need to spend more time refuting your nonsense. The discussion is there for all to read. 

You know what, I'm in a good mood so I'm going to extend the olive branch. We were clearly arguing two different points. I was meaning it's scam for the majority of folk who use it without needing it( I did say that on the first or second post but you missed it obviously) and you took me to mean for everyone. I'm sure if you speak to any sports nutritionist though they'll recommend you get protein from natural sources. 

From what I know about Consi though (the coke/ket/speed binges and drinking until he pishes himself) he's not training or living like an athlete and I seriously doubt his protein powder is doing him any benefit whatsoever. 

You genuinely need to work on how you post stuff though Parky, you always manage to escalate stuff with the insults and the "talking shite" chat.