Europa League 2020/21

Huns would still be desperate for a home draw. Lech or Rio Ave away will be difficult.

It's a bit daunting for us but a home tie could give us a bit of a chance.

Its incredibly unlucky to have three teams all from top half of the list

I guess we are voting Honved/Malmo but it might be more of a dream tie to just take one of the other two head on.

I'd probably say PSV or Sporting would be the biggest name of McInnes era. 

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

If we have aspirations of making the group stages, we shouldn't be looking at a team like Viking as a problem.

PSV or Sporting however, we've no hope.

I was at the Sporting v PSV Europa League game last November. Sporting battered them 4-0 and Bruno Fernandes ran the show for them. Smashing city is Lisbon. Shame that if we end up drawing them away we don't at least get the consolation of going there and having a food drink in one of the best cities in Europe before we get pumped out.

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Huns would still be desperate for a home draw. Lech or Rio Ave away will be difficult.

It's a bit daunting for us but a home tie could give us a bit of a chance.

Its incredibly unlucky to have three teams all from top half of the list

I guess we are voting Honved/Malmo but it might be more of a dream tie to just take one of the other two head on.

I'd probably say PSV or Sporting would be the biggest name of McInnes era. 

Honvéd at home please. 

As you say, a very unlucky pot with all the teams being in the top half of seeds.

We got teams seeded 4,6 & 12 from 26 seeds.

You’d think they could split the seeds into 3 groups and you get one from the top, one from the middle & one from the bottom just for fairness, it can’t be difficult to sort out. 

2 minutes ago, Getdoonatwing said:

Not sure how good PSV are... Groningen standard?? Might have a change against them but would rather Honved or Malmo. Sporting Lisbon possibly a tougher draw than Burnley or Real Sociadad. We managed to give both a game before but tough one even as one off leg.

PSV are better than Groningen.

The only glimmer would be that PSV’s first league game is the weekend before we’d play them if that’s how it pans out.

There’s a chance we could catch them cold. 

It isn't even a gimme that we will make Q3. I'd put our chances of beating the Noggies at no better than 45/55 in Noggieland.

Strangely enough, if we do make it to round 3....if we got a home draw I'd be quietly confident of taking any of the teams. An away draw and it's curtains though.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It isn't even a gimme that we will make Q3. I'd put our chances of beating the Noggies at no better than 45/55 in Noggieland.

Strangely enough, if we do make it to round 3....if we got a home draw I'd be quietly confident of taking any of the teams. An away draw and it's curtains though.

Aye, you’re right I suppose.

We can rightly whinge about our shitey luck in the draw IF/AFTER we get through a tricky tie away to Viking Stavanger. 

It would just be nice to at least be favourites in each round like the huns were the first time they qualified for the group stages,  those co-efficient points accrued meaning they were seeded the year after, thereby avoiding the likes of a Sporting Lisbon the year after in QR3/play off. 

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Toss of a coin this tie against Viking.  The away tie probably suits McInnes.  Absolute certainty we'll be backs against the wall, hoping to pinch something from a set piece or a counter attack.  Gives us an evens chance I reckon.

The big difference this season is that we have players with pace (Hayes, Hedges and Kennedy) who can get the team quickly up the park, unlike the last few seasons where we sat in and was slow in the counter attack.

11 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

The big difference this season is that we have players with pace (Hayes, Hedges and Kennedy) who can get the team quickly up the park, unlike the last few seasons where we sat in and was slow in the counter attack.

We've also got a team that's now played quite a few competitive matches. In previous seasons we're usually playing these games very early on.

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Honved at home please. They are fairly shite these days and off to a terrible start already this season.

Malmo will likely beat them tho.

PSV or Sporting away would be tatties and made worse by the fact they would o been an ace trips.

Sporting at home and we might have a slight chance since they'd only have played 1 game by then.

PSV will only have started their league season the Saturday before we’d play them too. 

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Its simpler than that

I dont get exposed to people of his lower class on a daily basis, but this forum gives people of his ilk the chance to rub shoulders with the likes of me

Unfortunately,  rather than embrace this lucky chance as a time to learn and improve, he decides to go on the attack. This is borne out of jealousy,  as i said already 

Still moaning about paying yer cooncil tax and watching illegal tv m9?

23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I think the obvious includes this;

MT was trying to say that you were being negatively pessimistic whereas you were just stating (the obvious) that AFC got a tougher tie than the others.

He took the opportunity to gratuitously insult, whereupon you responded in kind, on steroids.

These posts have been born from previous bad blood between you which colours anything you both have to say. You are both prejudiced, against each other.

You both need to grow the fuck up. 

Most ironic post.

EVER 

• Downvote 2
8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Its simpler than that

I dont get exposed to people of his lower class on a daily basis, but this forum gives people of his ilk the chance to rub shoulders with the likes of me

Unfortunately,  rather than embrace this lucky chance as a time to learn and improve, he decides to go on the attack. This is borne out of jealousy,  as i said already 

Living in Rutherglen, you get exposed to the lower class every second of every day you daft cunt 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

A) its a royal burgh

2) this from someone with at least 2 accounts on here... ironic indeed

If it’s Royal, it can absolutely get to fuck & burn in hell. Hun bastard.

I drove along Rutherglen Main Street.
Like the village of the damned, or a scene from the Walking Dead.  

And I have one account. Why would anyone have more than one?

• Downvote 1