Ryan Edmondson

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Thank you for your contribution

Your irrelevance has been noted ?

Massive woooosh.

To put it more plainly, comparing Edmonson to Wilson means nothing. They are different players, who in themselves may have a different work ethic and attitude.

The boys on loan, were discussing the merits of whether he could do a job for when Cosgrove is sold.

To that, I think he has shown enough in his fleeting Dons outings to date to suggest he could very well, do a job and be a successful succession plan to Cosgrove.

The bigger debate really is whether we would be able to get him or not.

Loan players coming to end of contracts with parent clubs....... CHECK

Not offered new deals with parent clubs (as yet)......... check

Some fans believing the players must be quality just because of parent club being in EPL...... check

Some seeing great glimpses of play in them & assuming it's a given they must be worth it (back to parent club & assumptions) .... check

Very likely (if get deal with Aberdeen) to be on big wages because of their expectations......check

Massive wooooosh for many   things in common & NOT irrelevant in favour of focus on just minor detail of players not being twins.....check 

?

They're different players FFS.

By your reckoning we should never take a player in on load with a view to the move being made permanent.

If the boy was to come in, do a job and then get sold on for a decent fee, then job done.

Incidentally, there was a deal offered / muted as offered just before he came up here. Not sure what happened there. Also I've made no comment on where he has come from as any basis of what he can do. My comments on his potential are purely on what he has shown so far.

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

By your reckoning we should never take a player in on load with a view to the move being made permanent.

If the boy was to come in, do a job and then get sold on for a decent fee, then job done.

Incidentally, there was a deal offered / muted as offered just before he came up here. Not sure what happened there. Also I've made no comment on where he has come from as any basis of what he can do. My comments on his potential are purely on what he has shown so far.

There was definitely chat about a new contract before the injury

31 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

There was definitely chat about a new contract before the injury

The word was that he signed an extension before he came up on loan.

Then it seems a new contract was not signed

Interestingly this site suggests he was on £680 per week,  https://salarysport.com/football/player/ryan-edmondson/ so maybe the contract offered is not what Ryan and his agent were expecting

Also interesting what the sites thinks Aberdeen players are on https://salarysport.com/football/ladbrokes-premiership/aberdeen/

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Interestingly this site suggests he was on £680 per week,  https://salarysport.com/football/player/ryan-edmondson/ so maybe the contract offered is not what Ryan and his agent were expecting

Also interesting what the sites thinks Aberdeen players are on https://salarysport.com/football/ladbrokes-premiership/aberdeen/

Paid £800k for Ronny but only paying him £700 a week?  Can't be right? 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Am only sayin that many folk are gettin a lil ahead of themselves regards another ‘exciting talent’ from very little to actually go on & mostly because he’s from a team that has just been promoted to EPL & he’s hardly even played for them in championship either.

probably a lot of these same folk would slate folk for judging players ability in games from their armchairs & not with the ‘in the flesh’ righteous judgements present at actual games.

He’s big & a presence so he must be good ;)

9 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

As someone with not that much professional experience, Dean Campbell is doing well for himself! 

Don't believe anything like that

On 10/11/2020 at 12:25 PM, King Street Loon said:

I seem to be the only one that hasn't jumped on the Edmondson train yet. Haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me think he's got a future at Leeds let alone us. I appreciate he's still very young, and puts himself about, but I just think he looks very much the centre half converted to centre forward that he is.

Anyone know what his scoring record was for Leeds U-18's, U-23's.

From what I've seen (which is all minutes thus far in Dons shirt), there has been nothing to suggest he's anything other that a fairly average hitman.

But he's barely played, and is very young, so every chance he can yet "explode onto the scene".

Definition of mediocre up to now though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

From what I've seen (which is all minutes thus far in Dons shirt), there has been nothing to suggest he's anything other that a fairly average hitman.

But he's barely played, and is very young, so every chance he can yet "explode onto the scene".

Maybe you were drunk or sleeping.

nevermind, you’ll come around and eventually appreciate his qualities  ?

16 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

He’s a bit more than that going by what we’ve seen him in. Dons shirt, nothing to do with what he did elsewhere or where he came from as I didn’t see him there.

I'll reserve judgement until there is something noteworthy of such to go on. I don't need to be in amongst the 'told you so' crowd in saying he's great without requiring to see much.

4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Agreed, I think some are buying into the Leeds now in EPL type hype in all honesty. Not having a dig at them but I think it's the case.

Coupled with a lot of nervousness of what we'd be left with up front once Cosgrove goes.

He may well turn out to be a star & 'one that got away' if we don't manage to sign him but thus far I am not too fussed if we do or don't get him long term.

Especially if we were fortunate enough to get Watkins as he has (actual goals aside) contributed enough to reasonably safely assess as an asset 

56 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I'll reserve judgement until there is something noteworthy of such to go on. I don't need to be in amongst the 'told you so' crowd in saying he's great without requiring to see much.

Firstly, let me be clear, that I'm not trying to get you to change your mind. you are entitled to your opinion and it has indeed been just a few fleeting viewings we have to assess his performances. I would be interested to know what you deem noteworthy

For me, these are the things I recall he did well.

Sevco Game - He came off the bench and aided us to get further up the pitch with his physical presence and control. Until then the ball was like a hot tattie that nobody wanted to keep a hold of.

Motherwell game - A poor game for all and he came on in the second half (first game back after injury) I can't recall anything of not in that game

Ross County - Only played a few minutes, but he showed great skill in the box to skin the defender before cutting it back

St Mirren - Again came off the bench and was influential in breaking down a stubborn St Mirren defence. Great alertness to lay the ball off perfectly for Watkins to score and break his goal drought. What impressed me was not the lay-off itself, but that he was showing great movement to get ready for the 1-2 return and wasn't stopping admiring the lay-off.

I accept its early doors, but when comparing to Cosgrove, I think he has shown more in those fleeting glimpses we've had than Cosgrove did in his first 4 appearances for the Dons from the bench

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Firstly, let me be clear, that I'm not trying to get you to change your mind. you are entitled to your opinion and it has indeed been just a few fleeting viewings we have to assess his performances. I would be interested to know what you deem noteworthy

For me, these are the things I recall he did well.

Sevco Game - He came off the bench and aided us to get further up the pitch with his physical presence and control. Until then the ball was like a hot tattie that nobody wanted to keep a hold of.

Motherwell game - A poor game for all and he came on in the second half (first game back after injury) I can't recall anything of not in that game

Ross County - Only played a few minutes, but he showed great skill in the box to skin the defender before cutting it back

St Mirren - Again came off the bench and was influential in breaking down a stubborn St Mirren defence. Great alertness to lay the ball off perfectly for Watkins to score and break his goal drought. What impressed me was not the lay-off itself, but that he was showing great movement to get ready for the 1-2 return and wasn't stopping admiring the lay-off.

I accept its early doors, but when comparing to Cosgrove, I think he has shown more in those fleeting glimpses we've had than Cosgrove did in his first 4 appearances for the Dons from the bench

I'm not writing him off, just basically saying I will give him time before I assess my humble view of him, Just as I did rgds Cosgrove.

I have seen enough to say he offers decent things but not enough yet to say we should sign him (on what would quite likely be a fairly high wage) difference with Cosgrove in this respect was that he was already our signing & also on a relatively small wage.

Bit early IMO to be ?he signs for us. That's all I am saying. Am not saying you are wrong in your assessments of him either but I do feel there is a hint of desperation from some to GET HIM SIGNED but based on not much when you consider the likely expense of doing so.

Guys played about 40 mins in total off the bench and yous are discussing if he's good or nae good. 

Let the geezer get started and see what like then. So much speculative drivel 

11 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Maybe you were drunk or sleeping.

nevermind, you’ll come around and eventually appreciate his qualities  ?

Maybe he will come good, like I say, limited time to judge.

What is 100% certain though, thus far, is has has done absolutely fuck all (or less) to justify the strange bishop bashing fest that trumpeted his arrival..

Hey. I'm waiting. Anticipating, Hoping as much as you that if he does get the chance then it will justify the foaming jappers that some have undertaken.

Until then...

• Upvote 2
On 10/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Guys played about 40 mins in total off the bench and yous are discussing if he's good or nae good. 

Let the geezer get started and see what like then. So much speculative drivel 

This.

I was going to say we were mostly all completely fucking wrong aboot Cosgrove over time, so yeah, we need to cool our jets and judge with 20/20 hindsight later. 

But please feel free to dismiss this reasoned thinking if you're the sort that comes on here to vent your borderline psychotic feelings because you have nothing better to do.

#readingtheroom

• Downvote 1
9 hours ago, Mr John said:

This.

I was going to say we were mostly all completely fucking wrong aboot Cosgrove over time, so yeah, we need to cool our jets and judge with 20/20 hindsight later. 

But please feel free to dismiss this reasoned thinking if you're the sort that comes on here to vent your borderline psychotic feelings because you have nothing better to do.

#readingtheroom

Borderline?

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I wonder if anyone who couldn’t see what Edmondson brings is watching tonight

Edmundson looks to have more about him at 19 then when Cosgrove first appeared on the scene with us. I'd personally sell Cosgrove (3 million) and try and get this lad in on a free if Leeds don't want him. He looks really promising. He also looks like Sam Smith.