Ryan Edmondson

38 minutes ago, Mr John said:

Does anyone else balk at bringing in players like him on loan, to help the likes of his club getting him some proper playing time for him, at the expense of young Scots going out on loan to lower leagues?

Just saying, there's a "food chain" at work here and it's not for our benefit.

You must have been raging when Maddison scored that freekick against the huns 

Cunty incomer taking our young loons glory ?

2 hours ago, Mr John said:

Does anyone else balk at bringing in players like him on loan, to help the likes of his club getting him some proper playing time for him, at the expense of young Scots going out on loan to lower leagues?

Just saying, there's a "food chain" at work here and it's not for our benefit.

Some are saying he didn’t sign a contract extension and will be out of contract at the end of the season

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You must have been raging when Maddison scored that freekick against the huns 

Cunty incomer taking our young loons glory ?

"Cunty Incomer" would make a great name for a drill rapper (I confess I have no idea what differentiates a drill rapper from your ordinary rapper)

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Some are saying he didn’t sign a contract extension and will be out of contract at the end of the season

Aye he's currently out of contract at end lf season.

I can't say ive seen enough of him to know if he's good enough for leeds or aberdeen. Gut instinct is he's not but would love it to be proven wrong. It was excellent the big contribution he made to turning things around against st mirren.

He could be a longer project if we are going to carry three or four strikers

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I can't say ive seen enough of him to know if he's good enough for leeds or aberdeen. Gut instinct is he's not but would love it to be proven wrong. It was excellent the big contribution he made to turning things around against st mirren.

From the brief glimpses we've seen of him, I think he looks a really promising prospect. I actually think has the potential to develop into a better player then Cosgrove. He's only 19 - certainly has the physical attributes and is technically very good. He did well in the 5 mins or so against The Rangers and made an impact against St Mirren. Long term he could be a very decent replacement for Cosgrove (when he inevitably leaves).

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

20 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

From the brief glimpses we've seen of him, I think he looks a really promising prospect. I actually think has the potential to develop into a better player then Cosgrove. He's only 19 - certainly has the physical attributes and is technically very good. He did well in the 5 mins or so against The Rangers and made an impact against St Mirren. Long term he could be a very decent replacement for Cosgrove (when he inevitably leaves).

It’s true we’ve only seen glimpses, but the signs are positive.

If McInnes thinks he can get him, then he will likely be succession plans for replacing Cosgrove.

who would be against selling Cosgrove for £2.5M and replacing with Edmondson.

43 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

It’s true we’ve only seen glimpses, but the signs are positive.

If McInnes thinks he can get him, then he will likely be succession plans for replacing Cosgrove.

who would be against selling Cosgrove for £2.5M and replacing with Edmondson.

Not seen nearly enough of Edmondson to say he could be our first choice centre forward every week.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not seen nearly enough of Edmondson to say he could be our first choice centre forward every week.

I’ve seen more of him than I did of Cosgrove before he signed for us.

Ne certainly is showing some great potential that he could be a very good fit for us if we were able to get him

I seem to be the only one that hasn't jumped on the Edmondson train yet. Haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me think he's got a future at Leeds let alone us. I appreciate he's still very young, and puts himself about, but I just think he looks very much the centre half converted to centre forward that he is.

Anyone know what his scoring record was for Leeds U-18's, U-23's.

• Upvote 4

Only think Edmondson might be a long term target for us if/when Cosgrove gets sold. Until then there's just no space in the squad. He'd be a similar punt like Cosgrove was. Having said that, I'd happily take him and Watkins on 3 year contracts with £3million in the bank and Cosgrove on his way to wherever, followed by Main in the summer

4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I seem to be the only one that hasn't jumped on the Edmondson train yet. Haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me think he's got a future at Leeds let alone us. I appreciate he's still very young, and puts himself about, but I just think he looks very much the centre half converted to centre forward that he is.

Nope -  not the only one. 

On 10/10/2020 at 10:32 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

On 10/10/2020 at 10:45 PM, afc1903mad said:

I’ve seen more of him than I did of Cosgrove before he signed for us.

Ne certainly is showing some great potential that he could be a very good fit for us if we were able to get him

11 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Remember how happy so many were when we got Wilson signed on permanent deal? Most likely on ridiculous wages for what he was actually worth.

Just saying

On 10/10/2020 at 8:25 PM, CalgaryDon said:

You're basing all this on around 30 minutes of him on a tv screen? Come on now...

• Downvote 1