Ryan Edmondson

Definitely injured. Put in a challenge near the touchline, momentum had him careering into the Hamilton dug out. Was limping when he came back on to the pitch, was put through on goal a minute later but couldn't run, ended up on his arse a few seconds later and off he came. 

Pleased for the loon that he got his first goals.

On 10/12/2020 at 4:10 AM, DD1903 said:

You're basing all this on around 30 minutes of him on a tv screen? Come on now...

Still a premature thought but my initial thoughts are he is raw but has the potential to develop into a really good player for us. 

He took his goals well tonight. Maybe should have had a third.

If he's available at the end of the season - I hope we make a move for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
32 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Still a premature thought but my initial thoughts are he is raw but has the potential to develop into a really good player for us. 

He took his goals well tonight. Maybe should have had a third.

If he's available at the end of the season - I hope we make a move for him.

Took his goals well tonight. A pity he may miss this weekend, would have been nice to see him have a pop at the celtic defence. 

Let's see what he can do, and whether Leeds want to keep him. 

30 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I’d have expected Bruce Anderson to score both those chances last night.

He's on loan at Ayr for a reason. He's not good enough at our level. He's a decent finisher but in today's game at the top level you have to be able to do a lot more than that alone. 

Pleased for the boy last night. 

We'd be daft to pin all our hopes on a young lad who's only made one senior start though.  Even if it did result in a double and an assist. 

If he can come in and do a job when needed on an occasional basis like he did last night then that will be just fine. 

Talk of him replacing Cosgrove as our main striker next season is highly premature. 

58 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I’d have expected Bruce Anderson to score both those chances last night.

Hypothetical though. 

Edmondson came in and got a double and an assist with his first start. 

Something Anderson was unable to do. 

That's football, you've got to take your chances as a young player regardless of the environmental factors. Always has been the case, even more so these days. 

• 2 months later...