Aberdeen 6 - 0 Runavik

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aye?

What benefit are AFC getting from me paying for Premier sports, as opposed to watching on international?

Or from watching the hibs game on sky,  which isn't available ppv?

My reply wasn't to you. It was to someone who claimed watching a stream on hesgoal was tink behaviour as the club were losing out. But they were fudging the system to allow them to watch potentially 3 or 4 non televised games for a reduced price by watching on red TV international via VPN. It's like going to the self service check out with trolley full of goods and only paying for a couple of items. Still stealing. 

• Downvote 1

McInnes post match thoughts!

i have a problem with 2 of his opinions

1.we are facing some very good players? No we are not, we are facing part time faroe players in a part time team! From faroes islands!

2.the one legged tie helps the underdog

fine, we will all remember his words When we face a team much better than ourselves in the third round and according to McInnes, we will be underdogs so we should have an advantage and go through the tie!

• Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

1.we are facing some very good players? No we are not, we are facing part time faroe players in a part time team! From faroes islands!

fine, we will all remember his words When we face a team much better than ourselves in the third round and according to McInnes, we will be underdogs so we should have an advantage and go through the tie!

I think he's already said he thinks it's our best chance to qualify due to the changes so he's on board with you.

Neither Ojo or Bryson will be missed.

Think McGeouch deserves a bit game time. Still think with a few games under his belt he can be the link between defence & midfield. However that would mean we actually try to pass through midfield. On second thoughts probably not going to happen with our genius tactician of a manager.

• Downvote 1

I'm confident we will win.

I'd play as many of the available Aberdeen 8 players as possible tomorrow. Rest others for Sunday.

The 5 available subs should be used to keep players fresh for Sunday.

Ojo played well against Livingston. Was utterly brutal against The Rangers and St Johnstone. As the season goes on, he should improve. Match fitness/ sharpness are currently lacking throughout the squad.

I'd like to see Campbell feature at some point tomorrow. He just needs game time to improve his sharpness/match fitness.

11 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Some people get so menstrual about comments in a press conference.

As someone else has told you already Mcinnes has indicated the set up of the tournament this year is our best chance of hitting the groups.

Have you never noticed all managers trot out cliches about "respecting the opposition" etc?

Dont let that stop you getting wound up about a couple of standard statements said in a press conference ?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

As someone else has told you already Mcinnes has indicated the set up of the tournament this year is our best chance of hitting the groups.

Have you never noticed all managers trot out cliches about "respecting the opposition" etc?

Dont let that stop you getting wound up about a couple of standard statements said in a press conference ?

So the question a asked was do you think the faroe islanders have quote,”very good players”?

not wound up,just ridiculous statements coming from our manager!,

when we beat them and get drawn against say another apollon,Rijeka etc what’s he going to say about there players?,

incredible, unbelievable, 

same pish rhetoric he comes out with before a sevco/Tim game but at least they have aw right international players, not the part time pish the faroes have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

I think the reason that people get upset with this is because with McInnes you are not sure if these are just throw-away comments!  

We have the third biggest footballing budget in Scotland.  However, McInnes regularly lines us up to stifle our opponents, rather than playing to our strengths (to be honest we're such a mish-mash of holding midfielders, and then loads of square pegs for round holes, I'm not sure we have any strengths).  With the budget McInnes has available, we should be able to take the game to minnow like Livingston, Hamilton, St. Mirren, etc.  Their players are on a fraction of what our highly paid 'stars' earn.

On Sunday, livingston looked like the home team in the first half.  A club with their resources should not be able to out play us at home.  We had a good 15 minute spell, went 2-0 up, then McInnes went into game management mode and nearly ended up blowing it!

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

So the question a asked was do you think the faroe islanders have quote,”very good players”?

not wound up,just ridiculous statements coming from our manager!,

when we beat them and get drawn against say another apollon,Rijeka etc what’s he going to say about there players?,

incredible, unbelievable, 

same pish rhetoric he comes out with before a sevco/Tim game but at least they have aw right international players, not the part time pish the faroes have.

I just don't see why it matters what they say to the press, most of it truly is cliche and trying not to do the oppositions team talk for them! What they say to the players internally (which we can only guess at) is what matters. From Considine's quotes against Livingston they have been told we needed 9 from 9 in the league and to get through in Europe in this run of games. 

The quote below is Pep Guardiola speaking to the press before a game against Newport :

“Anything can happen in one game, especially away from home,” the City manager said. “I’ve seen Newport’s last few games and they are incredible at set pieces and throw-ins. What they do, they do really well. They are taller and stronger than us and, in some areas, might be better than us, so we will have to make sure we play our own game and not theirs and focus on what we are good at.”

It's all just fulfilling a contractual requirement to give bland answers to the press IMO.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

I think the reason that people get upset with this is because with McInnes you are not sure if these are just throw-away comments!  

We have the third biggest footballing budget in Scotland.  However, McInnes regularly lines us up to stifle our opponents, rather than playing to our strengths (to be honest we're such a mish-mash of holding midfielders, and then loads of square pegs for round holes, I'm not sure we have any strengths).  With the budget McInnes has available, we should be able to take the game to minnow like Livingston, Hamilton, St. Mirren, etc.  Their players are on a fraction of what our highly paid 'stars' earn.

On Sunday, livingston looked like the home team in the first half.  A club with their resources should not be able to out play us at home.  We had a good 15 minute spell, went 2-0 up, then McInnes went into game management mode and nearly ended up blowing it!

You're first sentence is fair enough. It's all a matter of opinion of course but if you believe Mcinnes is indicating his nature in these quotes and he truly believes them then I can understand a bit why you may be worried.

In terms of game management when ahead I believe he is guilty of that at times, which in certain games pisses me off as well. However I think the amount of times we actually lose points from playing this way in the SPFL is fairly nominal. Dull but effective sometimes.

Mcinnes should just leave his comments regarding the opposition to the opposition.

His main job is to tell the fans how good Aberdeen are and should dispose of these Islanders without any problem.

He does not say this because deep down he shitting himself that they knock his team out tonight.

Going by the way Aberdeen have been playing lately he must be worried, all be it we have scraped two wins.

This is down to luck not by our slick attacking football.

Our luck may run out tonight.

Hope not.