Scotland vs Israel & Czechs

Game was fucking boring, Forrest has played 35 times for Scotland and been anonymous or totally shite in the majority of the games.

An awful player, his trademark move is to run really fast (and whilst running manage to look like a 7 year old lassie who is skipping) and either let it run out for a goal kick, fail to get it past the first man or balloon it out for a throw in on the opposite flank.

3 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Game was fucking boring, Forrest has played 35 times for Scotland and been anonymous or totally shite in the majority of the games.

An awful player, his trademark move is to run really fast (and whilst running manage to look like a 7 year old lassie who is skipping) and either let it run out for a goal kick, fail to get it past the first man or balloon it out for a throw in on the opposite flank.

Totally agree.  And he's lost any pace he had.  Looks unfit and generally disinterested for a fair while now.  And not just for Scotland, Celtic as well. 

Rodgers had him motivated for a while but he's regressed since Lennon came back. 

I also thought that Tierney was absolutely fine in his role last night. McTominay on the other hand looked shaky, and his bad positioning should really have seen us go one behind about a minute before we got the penalty.  He should of course have been playing in midfield instead of Jack (with Liam Cooper on the right hand side of the 3 man defence). Those were Clarke's first 2 errors.

Third error was then shoehorning Robertson into midfield. He was shockingly bad. Nothing good will ever come of playing Robertson and Tierney in the same side. It's either a flat back 4 with Robertson at left back and Tierney on the bench or a back three with Tierney on the left hand side with Robertson on the bench. However I suspect Clarke is blind to this  and will persist with doing it, leading to a fairly early conclusion to our chances of topping the group (and a real possibility of finding us relegated back down to tier 3 countries).

Fourth and fifth errors were playing McGregor and (especially) Forrest. McGregor I can understand although his early season form has been underwhelming at best...but with Armstrong in pre-season training there was a reasonable case for making that decision. Forrest on the other hand has been shite all season and for a fair bit of last season too. 

There is one bonus from all this. I'm certain that Clarke will leave at the end of his contract which ties in nicely with McInnes' one ending with us. DM is surely first  in line to replace him (unless Moyes gets bulleted by West Ham in the interim and is without a job) and will consider himself of the right age to accept the post if/when offered. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I also thought that Tierney was absolutely fine in his role last night. McTominay on the other hand looked shaky, and his bad positioning should really have seen us go one behind about a minute before we got the penalty.  He should of course have been playing in midfield instead of Jack (with Liam Cooper on the right hand side of the 3 man defence). Those were Clarke's first 2 errors.

Third error was then shoehorning Robertson into midfield. He was shockingly bad. Nothing good will ever come of playing Robertson and Tierney in the same side. It's either a flat back 4 with Robertson at left back and Tierney on the bench or a back three with Tierney on the left hand side with Robertson on the bench. However I suspect Clarke is blind to this  and will persist with doing it, leading to a fairly early conclusion to our chances of topping the group (and a real possibility of finding us relegated back down to tier 3 countries).

Fourth and fifth errors were playing McGregor and (especially) Forrest. McGregor I can understand although his early season form has been underwhelming at best...but with Armstrong in pre-season training there was a reasonable case for making that decision. Forrest on the other hand has been shite all season and for a fair bit of last season too. 

There is one bonus from all this. I'm certain that Clarke will leave at the end of his contract which ties in nicely with McInnes' one ending with us. DM is surely first  in line to replace him (unless Moyes gets bulleted by West Ham in the interim and is without a job) and will consider himself of the right age to accept the post if/when offered. 

They are good players, they will adapt. 

If they were both at Aberdeen we'd be expecting McInnes to find a formation to fit them both in. 

That's what good players and managers do. 

The right side needs sorting long before the left side. 

Robertson and Tierney are the least of our problems by some distance. 

15 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

McKenna was at fault for their goal along with Mcgregor

Tell me.

13 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

What was McTominay doing for Israel's goal?

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He definitely didn't. And every single reporter agrees with me...not just the weegia

Being the most popular view isn't always the correct view.

As the throw in comes in McGregor is brushed aside far too easily by the player he is supposed to be marking and ends up on the wrong side ie further away from goal than the player he should have been marking...and so cannot put in an effective challenge.

McKenna is suckered into also being too far forward towards the ball. Its a throw in so offside isn't a concern. McKenna being too close...whilst not marking anyone in particular. means that when McGregor is brushed aside, the eventual goalscorer Zahavi is able to play a one-two around him (McKenna) and he isn't able to recover in time to make a challenge....even if he could have the risk of giving away a penalty would have been very high. McKenna should have sat deeper...even 2 yards would have made all the difference in the world.

• Downvote 1
10 minutes ago, BitWait said:

Good thing I saw , McGregor , Forrest and Christie looked distinctly average. We can beat the victims on a good day I reckon.

I've watched them a couple of times this season and have been been surprised how shite they've been. lost an edge without any fans i wonder!

11 minutes ago, BitWait said:

Good thing I saw , McGregor , Forrest and Christie looked distinctly average. We can beat the victims on a good day I reckon.

They dont play average against us tho do they. They dictate and we let them.

Hopefully with this squad we can compete a bit more with them and like you say, catch them on an off day and pump them. 

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Get Fergie & McCrorie in about that cunt Brown for starters.

In their face from the start & see what happens. 

Yip Fergie and Mcrorie have the minerals and ability to compete and believe they can beat the ugly sisters. As opposed to chasing shadows in awe like is usually the case. 

Credit to DM for getting those lads in. This squad with a bit of momentum and confidence behind them should easily compete with the OF. Im excited for Cosgrove coming back. Hayes, Hedges, Wright, McCrorie, Ferg, with a strong Cosgrove is a decent side.  Mcgeoch dictated games for hibs. If he can find that form we can cause the OF problems.  

• Upvote 1

There was a suggestion made yesterday on Radio Shortbread that the Czechs should ask one of their club sides to provide all the players....Sigma Olomouc were suggested. Seemed a reasonable suggestion at first. But then it dawned on me (and I haven't fact checked this, purely surmising) that they probably had at least 2 or 3 players in the original squad anyway. Plus are likely to have one or 2 foreign nationals in their first team on top of this.

Whatever happens, it's now almost a no-win situation for Scotland. Win the match and they will get told by all and sundry that it is a hollow victory given what happened to the Czechs and whatever solution they came up with to get the game on. Fail to win (and it will be magnified a hundred times if they lose) and there will be calls for Clarke to resign/get the bullet and every single player castigated as a disgrace, unfit to wear the jersey ever again. Of course utter hyperbole as the Czechs  could probably field 3 sides all equally capable of taking care of Scotland at home.

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

There was a suggestion made yesterday on Radio Shortbread that the Czechs should ask one of their club sides to provide all the players....Sigma Olomouc were suggested. Seemed a reasonable suggestion at first. But then it dawned on me (and I haven't fact checked this, purely surmising) that they probably had at least 2 or 3 players in the original squad anyway. Plus are likely to have one or 2 foreign nationals in their first team on top of this.

Whatever happens, it's now almost a no-win situation for Scotland. Win the match and they will get told by all and sundry that it is a hollow victory given what happened to the Czechs and whatever solution they came up with to get the game on. Fail to win (and it will be magnified a hundred times if they lose) and there will be calls for Clarke to resign/get the bullet and every single player castigated as a disgrace, unfit to wear the jersey ever again. Of course utter hyperbole as the Czechs  could probably field 3 sides all equally capable of taking care of Scotland at home.

I'd be tempted to put out my under 21 team in this scenario.  Maybe supplemented with a few senior fringe players