Espionage still going strong

giuliano

On 11/1/2020 at 2:12 PM, giuliano said:

I  suppose if I meet the manager or door staff again I could quote Malcolm Latimer, "Karma' a bitch." Reffering to their club being closed down.

You could also quote Culture Club with 'Karma Chameleon'

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon
You come and go, you come and go
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams
Your club shut down, your club shut down

On 11/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, styrofoamplates said:

I suppose I could sing that to him.

I wonder if it was Covid or simply karma that finished off Espionage.

There was a reasonably recent article with pubs applying to be allowed to be open later. Espionage was objecting to it.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1645830/aberdeen-club-owners-demand-urgent-reversal-of-3am-pub-closure-scheme/

I'd call them hypocrites for that. They want to be open till 3 but not pubs? It's just competition. 

Let's say Supermarkets as an example, Tesco is open 24 hours in some places, Co-Op, I've never seen them open after 10PM. Now, Tesco usually has a much bigger variety than Co-Op.  Nightclubs usually have more entertainment than pubs. That doesn't mean it would be right to deny the manager of Co-Op the right to be open 24h just because it would cause late night competition with Tesco. Tesco would lose out on a bit of sales, if late at night you were closer to Co-Op and Co-Op had what you wanted to buy you wouldn't need to go to Tesco. 

So Tesco wouldn't want a nearby Co-Op staying open 24h but if competition was their only reason the objection would get thrown back in their face.

Damn to I wish I was on the licensing committee in Aberdeen. granting pubs the 3AM license, heck, I'd grand them a 4AM license, if Espionage complained I could quote my supermarket example. Then quote Malcolm Latimer. "Karma's a bitch"

On 11/7/2020 at 7:31 PM, Don Fonte said:

One on the left is a bloke iyam.

Middle left is pretty nice. If she was ever interested in modelling.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, giuliano said:

There was a reasonably recent article with pubs applying to be allowed to be open later. Espionage was objecting to it.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1645830/aberdeen-club-owners-demand-urgent-reversal-of-3am-pub-closure-scheme/

I'd call them hypocrites for that. They want to be open till 3 but not pubs? It's just competition. 

Let's say Supermarkets as an example, Tesco is open 24 hours in some places, Co-Op, I've never seen them open after 10PM. Now, Tesco usually has a much bigger variety than Co-Op.  Nightclubs usually have more entertainment than pubs. That doesn't mean it would be right to deny the manager of Co-Op the right to be open 24h just because it would cause late night competition with Tesco. Tesco would lose out on a bit of sales, if late at night you were closer to Co-Op and Co-Op had what you wanted to buy you wouldn't need to go to Tesco. 

So Tesco wouldn't want a nearby Co-Op staying open 24h but if competition was their only reason the objection would get thrown back in their face.

Damn to I wish I was on the licensing committee in Aberdeen. granting pubs the 3AM license, heck, I'd grand them a 4AM license, if Espionage complained I could quote my supermarket example. Then quote Malcolm Latimer. "Karma's a bitch"

Never change giuliano...never change. 

• Like 1
On 11/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, styrofoamplates said:

On a Saturday morning session used to put a few quid into a juke box to put that in repeat for, I dunno a few hours just before leaving somewhere.

9 hours ago, giuliano said:

Stealing milk, getting mac and cheese and bag of cheap second day buttries for Sunday from the baker's. Was about peak Saturday, after the absynthe.

Unless you felt like running over cars and kicking a few wing mirrors off.

16 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

This is credibility that money can't buy. There's the value of experience and makes perfect sense on both levels.

Boof, stick your bread bin up your arse or file it with the other too cryptic shit that appears on here from time to time. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leo da V said that. True dat. Look it up. 

Pretty much everything cryptic here is from "The Office" Rocket.

The bread bin one being an all time classic.