January 2021

28 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

So there's a chance that all 3 strikers after tonight will be loanees? While they may be an improvement on our current line up, it doesn't fill me with confidence that it's the answer. 

If the question is 'what must we do to ensure Curtis Fucking Main is never seen in an aberdeen shirt again?' it's the correct answer.

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

So excited right now , not felt like this for ages

Kamberi and Hornby, 2 genuine footballers up front,  exactly what we need

2nd is ours!

If we do sign Kamberi on top of Hornby you'd imagine McInnes will be keen to start with both. A 3-4-1-2 formation with Hedges tucked in behind both of them sounds good to me.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

How shite has Kamberi been at St Gallan if they are punting him away after 6 months?

Hopefully we are changing to a 2 up front formation instead of the 2 behind the forward we were going with before.

Yeah you'd think that's the plan. Go with a 3-4-1-2 formation. If he brings in both Hornsby and Kamberi they won't be here to sit on the bench.  

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Its genuinely ALMOST celtic or "rangers" standard of attack

Hornby,  Kamberi and Hedges behind is orgasmic 

Mccrorie also free to boot scrote shite up in the air 

if McGeouch would decide to stay fit for more than two games then the team is looking a lot better.

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Its genuinely ALMOST celtic or "rangers" standard of attack

Hornby,  Kamberi and Hedges behind is orgasmic 

Mccrorie also free to boot scrote shite up in the air 

It certainly sounds a lot better than Main and a disinterested Cosgrove up front  that's for sure. And McCrorie now being free to play against the huns should we play them in The Scottish Cup is a big boost.

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Whats funny about it?

Having players up front with actual technique is funny to you?

I would agree on Kamberi (maybe) being described as a ‘genuine’ footballer (whatever the fk that is) but what about Hornby to date would have yo put him in that category? As he is simply a similar type to Cosgrove. He’s a big target man that stands out at U21 for that reason 

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I would agree on Kamberi (maybe) being described as a ‘genuine’ footballer (whatever the fk that is) but what about Hornby to date would have yo put him in that category? As he is simply a similar type to Cosgrove. He’s a big target man that stands out at U21 for that reason 

Don’t think Hornby stands out in the under 21s just cos he’s big it’s not under 12 football where the big lad stood out cos he’s big and the rest were scared of him even tho he’s rubbish ?

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Don’t think Hornby stands out in the under 21s just cos he’s big it’s not under 12 football where the big lad stood out cos he’s big and the rest were scared of him even tho he’s rubbish ?

I disagree. I think that is exactly why he stood out there.

He is a target man but he likes to think he has a bit more to his game because he played a bit in midfield before.

Pretty much rinse n repeat what all big target men say about themselves ?. Especially those that have been moved up front because their size makes them better suited to the task ?

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I disagree. I think that is exactly why he stood out there.

He is a target man but he likes to think he has a bit more to his game because he played a bit in midfield before.

Pretty much rinse n repeat what all big target men say about themselves ?. Especially those that have been moved up front because their size makes them better suited to the task ?

Harsh. 

The boy has pace and can play a bit on the floor. 

He's a good footballer. Not just a target. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Harsh. 

The boy has pace and can play a bit on the floor. 

He's a good footballer. Not just a target. 

See I would have believed this maybe after a fair bit of media hype on him & his San Marino hatrick etc. but having watched him in a few U21 games now ( only opportunity to actually see him) I thought he was pretty much just that. Media hyped & only stood out for his height basically. Not impressed by his ‘footballing abilities’ otherwise. This has been imagined IMO