Callum Hendry

1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

You cannot play at this level with a touch as poor as his, but give him credit he has got goals though and he works harder than most

I’d not be against him being in our squad. He’s been very influential for us even out with his goals.

was involved in both goals v Livi for the cup.

Id give him a chance if Glass / Russell think they can develop him much better.

12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

All this Hendry talk is immaterial if Davidson thinks he’s developed well with us and takes him back.

We can do better than him.

Apparently their striker Melamed will be off in the summer so St Johnstone might want Hendry back.

I really think (& hope) we are looking at better.

Then again, we aren’t rolling in cash & unlikely to have three top quality strikers in the squad. There will be a pecking order.

If come August Hendry was 4th choice, or at best 3rd choice, then I’d maybe be ok with that. 

26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, I fully agree that this year we shouldn't sign "filler" and just use our youth to pad out the squad, but there is something different about Hendry

There isn't.  He's shite

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He clearly isn't, when you look at his goals to minutes ratio

The goal against Dumbarton also wasn't the kind of goal someone with nothing about them scores 

The goal against Dumbarton was the kind of goal that someone who is at the level of playing against Dumbarton scores.

He's shite, and if he's on Glass's list of potential targets this summer then God help us. Glass must be aiming far higher if this managerial experiment is to work.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

He clearly isn't, when you look at his goals to minutes ratio

The goal against Dumbarton also wasn't the kind of goal someone with nothing about them scores 

He clearly is when you look at his career history and performance against United 

I wouldn’t be adverse to Hendry signing. He’s still fairly young and works hard, seems to have a good attitude and has scored a few important goals for us now. I think we have to be realistic in that we aren’t going to get many 20 goal a season strikers for free or a nominal amount. 

Would love to see us push the boat out and sign Griffiths though.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:23 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree.

We can do better.

I suppose it depends on how many strikers he wants to go with in the squad?

Say it’s 3, maybe 4. 

There will be a “pecking order”. 
If Hendry was 3rd or 4th choice then I’d be ok with that.

Anything higher than that, then no way. 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:05 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Apparently their striker Melamed will be off in the summer so St Johnstone might want Hendry back.

I really think (& hope) we are looking at better.

Then again, we aren’t rolling in cash & unlikely to have three top quality strikers in the squad. There will be a pecking order.

If come August Hendry was 4th choice, or at best 3rd choice, then I’d maybe be ok with that. 

Looking forward to reading this again on page ten. 

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, redstrummer said:

I always liked those Ford Pepperpot alloys, especially on the Mk2 Fiesta XR2, my dream car as a yoof.