Callum Hendry

I'd argue that he's been the most successful of the three striker signings, particularly given what he's managed to contribute without being given that many minutes. 

I wouldn't bother with trying to get Hornby back on loan but if permanent deals can be done for Hendry and Kamberi they should be looked at. 

48 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hendry put in a good shift last night. 

But I'd like to see who else is available before we start offering any of the three loan strikers anything for next season. 

I agree.

We can do better.

I suppose it depends on how many strikers he wants to go with in the squad?

Say it’s 3, maybe 4. 

There will be a “pecking order”. 
If Hendry was 3rd or 4th choice then I’d be ok with that.

Anything higher than that, then no way. 

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Has put in a few good shifts but I wouldn't be looking to keep any of the loan signings. I'm hoping we have bigger things planned for next season

I'd tend to disagree - he's a young loon and could easily improve further under the right team - he's done enough to be taken on if the price is right. He'll be okay playing off Haaland or Mbappe as it appears we're lining up some guaranteed 20 goal plus a season strikers (Irony alert). 

16 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I'd tend to disagree - he's a young loon and could easily improve further under the right team - he's done enough to be taken on if the price is right. He'll be okay playing off Haaland or Mbappe as it appears we're lining up some guaranteed 20 goal plus a season strikers (Irony alert). 

Aye, I mean I wouldn't be raging if we signed him. But for me he's 23 year old, hasn't impressed much so far and would need to pay a transfer fee. 

I'd probably look elsewhere but not fussed if we do give him a go. I've seen worse

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Year left. 
Fee needed.

As you say, fuck that, paying for what would be (I hope) a 3rd choice striker at best. 

£50k tops I'd reckon. They might even be happy to let him leave for nothing in order to free up a wage. 

I'd be happy enough with him as third choice, but there will be plenty of choice in the summer so no hurry right now. 

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Wheres the irony?

Although we are supposed to be getting a war chest for strikers - good ones are horribly expensive and I doubt we'll get Haaland or Mbappe - love to be proved wrong though - beyond that I think we will be in for the potentially good from lesser leagues or the potentially good like Hendry who aren't getting a game and maybe not being well coached. We are more likely to get a loan player for experience or a player on the way down but hopefully with a couple of good-ish years left at our level so it is ironic as Haaland and Mbappe are already proven, improving and playing at a higher level than we are.  - oh yes and way too expensive

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Although we are supposed to be getting a war chest for strikers - good ones are horribly expensive and I doubt we'll get Haaland or Mbappe - love to be proved wrong though - beyond that I think we will be in for the potentially good from lesser leagues or the potentially good like Hendry who aren't getting a game and maybe not being well coached. We are more likely to get a loan player for experience or a player on the way down but hopefully with a couple of good-ish years left at our level so it is ironic as Haaland and Mbappe are already proven, improving and playing at a higher level than we are.  - oh yes and way too expensive

Aye but you are the only person that has brought Haaland and Mbappe into this. 

Some others are just saying that the club would be wise to consider who else might be available before signing any of the three we have on loan. And none of us on here know who they are trying to get in at this point. 

There's no rush to make a decision on Hendry.  He's still under contract at St Johnstone next season anyway so we'd have to strike a deal with them as well as the player even if we did want him. 

10 hours ago, Crossbow said:

You never know mate. Can’t see us getting both  Mbappe and Haaland, but I’d be surprised if we didn’t get one of them.

I hope it’s Mbappe. 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Crossbow said:

You doubt we would be getting mbappe or haaland? Has your meds ran out, do you want me to phone the doctors for you?, are there other folk in the house that can help you, am really worried about this fella, he must be flying oot his tits wae sweeping statements like this.

ps a heard it was mbappe, neymars coming along for the crack as well.

• Downvote 1
On 4/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, Crossbow said:

You don't know the definition of irony, do you?

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

You don't know the definition of irony, do you?

the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

I think the idea that Haaland or Mbappe would come to Aberdeen or indeed that our supposed great new strikers would match them fulfills that definition - YMMV

1 minute ago, Crossbow said:

the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

I think the idea that Haaland or Mbappe would come to Aberdeen or indeed that our supposed great new strikers would match them fulfills that definition - YMMV

Why are you obsessed with Mbappe and Haaland min? 

And what's that got do do with paying St Johnstone a fee for Hendry or not? 

You've gone way off tangent. 

6 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Lolz 

nope

He's not good enough imo even as a squad filler. His touch is terrible. An example was he came deep 2nd half on Wed to collect a ball fed into his feet and give the defence a break, it bounced 10 yards off him and we lost possession straight away.  

I'd much rather have 2 "proper" strikers and 2 youngsters as back up next season. He's neither.