1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Whilst Clarke is loyal to O'Donnell, I think there's an argument that he could be bold and have both Patterson and Ramsay in the full squad in the near future and let them battle it out. 

Other countries try and get their best young talents involved early and we should be doing the same. 

By the sounds of it the pair of them will be battling it out with the West Ham lad. Good position to be in after years of mediocre right backs. 

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aye because he is actually playing every week and producing. Paterson still 2nd fiddle to Tavenier and played about 20 career games. And they are acting like 5m is a joke of an offer. Deluded cunts from fans to manager.

That’s my thoughts on the boy as well. Could be a good player but if he can’t get a game ahead of tavinier he’s no where near £ 5million 

5 hours ago, NEM said:

True. Just find it a bit weird the modern fans obsession with selling players to make money 

I’ve got to admit I find it a bit weird too. The whole notion of selling players at a profit to build the club up makes sense, but has anyone outside of the weegie 2 actually sold players on, made a tidy profit, reinvested that in the team, and then gone on to actually win something or over achieve? I seem to remember Hearts, hibs, utd, all selling players on over the past 10 years, but given they’ve all been in the shitey league wouldn’t they have been better trying to hold on to these players for longer rather than cashing in? If I was hibs I’d be keeping Boyd and trying to win things rather than getting 500k or whatever for him.  And while McInnes hardly had a stellar record of bringing players through and selling them on,  he did at least have us at the “competitive” end of football in Scotland ( even if that meant losing a lot of finals)

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aye because he is actually playing every week and producing. Paterson still 2nd fiddle to Tavenier and played about 20 career games. And they are acting like 5m is a joke of an offer. Deluded cunts from fans to manager.

I don't see any problem with Rangers turning down £5M for Patterson.  If he was plying his trade down south he'd be worth double that and more. Scottish Clubs telling English clubs to fuck off is a good thing. 

27 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

One for @minijc - you seem to have an idea of targets. Are they likely to change if we get into the group stages or will they be the same targets regardless? 

Surely common sense would suggest if we’re guaranteed €4m+ (or not), we’d be looking at different lists of targets? 
Stephen Glass has suggested this a couple of times in pre & post match interviews. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Surely common sense would suggest if we’re guaranteed €4m+ (or not), we’d be looking at different lists of targets? 
Stephen Glass has suggested this a couple of times in pre & post match interviews. 

That would tie in with the Hamilton chat as it sounds like deals there if we want it but we’re still considering a few options. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Whilst Clarke is loyal to O'Donnell, I think there's an argument that he could be bold and have both Patterson and Ramsay in the full squad in the near future and let them battle it out. 

Other countries try and get their best young talents involved early and we should be doing the same. 

As I said on another thread....the Celtic fans were going apeshit that Ralston had been overlooked and Patterson included.

It was discussed incessantly on Clyde 1 phone in. I get that they're obviously going to be west coast centric in their output. But Roger Hannah is one of the more "open minded" hacks shall we say. And Ramsay didn't even get one mention as a possibility....even as a future prospect. 

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’d think so. Just curious given @mainstandmoan’s post that we should expect 2 signings this week. He rightly said one being early part of the week so that one is done.The other one would then be Fri-Sun so not a lot of time, which made me wonder if it could be the same target regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

You’d think so. Just curious given @mainstandmoan’s post that we should expect 2 signings this week. He rightly said one being early part of the week so that one is done.The other one would then be Fri-Sun so not a lot of time, which made me wonder if it could be the same target regardless. 

Could be that these 2 are definites regardless, and there's another one or two names ready to go who could be tied up very quickly IF we get through to the groups (and maybe a fall back option we'll sign if we don't). You'd think most of the work would be done on various deals and it would be a case of pressing the "DONE" button on them after Thursday night's out the way.

21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

As I said on another thread....the Celtic fans were going apeshit that Ralston had been overlooked and Patterson included.

It was discussed incessantly on Clyde 1 phone in. I get that they're obviously going to be west coast centric in their output. But Roger Hannah is one of the more "open minded" hacks shall we say. And Ramsay didn't even get one mention as a possibility....even as a future prospect. 

Aye but Ralston is shite and the other two have genuine potential 

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

By the sounds of it the pair of them will be battling it out with the West Ham lad. Good position to be in after years of mediocre right backs. 

Heaps of right and left full backs coming through and also a few central midfielders. 

About time we brought through some young strikers and centre backs 

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Even if we were to reach the group stages, it's not going to affect us much player target wise.

We aren't going to be paying a lot more than £500k for any player ( and the Hernandez fiasco will only make that position more entrenched)......buying players for over a million fucks up your wage structure. Glass might be allowed to bring in one further player for a transfer fee than he was counting on being allowed to bring in (and even then, with the close of the transfer window rapidly approaching, it might be too late to do so in any case) but most of the cash will go to covering any debts accrued in the past 18 months. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Even if we were to reach the group stages, it's not going to affect us much player target wise.

We aren't going to be paying a lot more than £500k for any player ( and the Hernandez fiasco will only make that position more entrenched)......buying players for over a million fucks up your wage structure. Glass might be allowed to bring in one further player for a transfer fee than he was counting on being allowed to bring in (and even then, with the close of the transfer window rapidly approaching, it might be too late to do so in any case) but most of the cash will go to covering any debts accrued in the past 18 months. 

What debts?  The covid losses were covered already were they not?  McKenna and Cosgrove transfer fee's amongst other things

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

The one question I’d ask then is why we are clearly waiting until after the European game before bringing in the 2 or 3 players that we need? 

Just now, The Gee Man said:

Definitely need an experienced spl CH now with big Andy out till January.

had to laugh at the Devin not full fit bit, if ever there was an understatement 

In his last year of contract, sadly this could be career ending. Hopefully a replacement is being lined up soon.

1 hour ago, NEM said:

What debts?  The covid losses were covered already were they not?  McKenna and Cosgrove transfer fee's amongst other things

We certainly took out a Scottish government loan for a million sovs not that long ago. I may be wrong about this but I also thought the club had said fairly recently that the covid situation had resulted in losses of £2million. 

3 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

I don't see any problem with Rangers turning down £5M for Patterson.  If he was plying his trade down south he'd be worth double that and more. Scottish Clubs telling English clubs to fuck off is a good thing. 

That's just it though he's not "plying his trade" anywhere. A few sub appearances and he is a world beater? If they are saying he is a 5m+ player he should be walking into that team.