Just now, Don_Corleone said:

Cheers man, any clues as to what position we might still be looking to strengthen at least?

I might be in the minority, but I'd still be quite pleased to see Griffiths signing.

Not entirely sure, I'd say there's no chance of Griffiths now, we have Watkins.

30 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

So Samuels & Longstaff on loan, Watkins and Bates in permanently. 
Anyone who's "in the know" able to share whether that is likely to be our incoming business done?

I'm guessing Ferguson will be gone for a few million and Longstaff is his replacement for this season, so I'm wondering if we might yet bring someone else in. I'd still like to see an exciting attacking player. Watkins is good and effective at what he does, but I still feel we're lacking a player who can entertain us and get us off our seats... similar to Hayes and McGinn in the early years...

Mccart will sign a pre contract in January would be the hope I would assume. Perhaps the same can be said about Hamilton. Cormack alluded to a few pre contracts in January. Will depend on interst I guess and how we are looking as a club under glass! 

6 minutes ago, slippers said:

Mccart will sign a pre contract in January would be the hope I would assume. Perhaps the same can be said about Hamilton. Cormack alluded to a few pre contracts in January. Will depend on interst I guess and how we are looking as a club under glass! 

Majority of the Saints players are out of contract in May so it'll be interesting to see how many they punt in the next four days to get some guaranteed cash

42 minutes ago, slippers said:

Hibs have had another bid for him rejected,  due to them not paying enough upfront. Don’t know how much they’ve been offering through. So Mccart might be an unlikely option for a pre contract if Hibs do stump up the cash.

40 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Am not excited in the slightest by David Bates. He’s been chased away everywhere he’s been.

This is my worry too. A try before you buy loan would have been ideal. Committing to a transfer fee and 3 yr contract seems hasty when he is so unwanted.