Question.

Griffiths on a 2 year contract or Anderson given a 2 year extension in the hope he is moulded into a reliable, goal scoring striker under Russell's tuition?

Or neither in the hope better option(s) are in the fire?

Personally reckon that Griffiths given regular, guaranteed game time could work a treat. Would also extend Anderson's contract by 12 months to see if he / Russell can improve his value to the team.

10 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Question.

Griffiths on a 2 year contract or Anderson given a 2 year extension in the hope he is moulded into a reliable, goal scoring striker under Russell's tuition?

Personally reckon that Griffiths given regular, guaranteed game time could work a treat. Would also extend Anderson's contract by 12 months to see if he / Russell can improve his value to the team.

Both 

Anderson already offered an extension apparently. 

And we'd be daft not to talk to Griffiths since he's out of contract 

50 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Question.

Yes to Griffiths. Anderson isn't good enough.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Question.

Griffiths every day of the week. Been scoring goals for fun for over 10 years. If we can get his nut right,  worth a 2 yr contract with the option of a 3rd.

Anderson’s goals have dried up at Hamilton and even if he did go on a run,  they are going down so Championship is about or even above his level.

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Griffiths every day of the week. Been scoring goals for fun for over 10 years. If we can get his nut right,  worth a 2 yr contract with the option of a 3rd.

Anderson’s goals have dried up at Hamilton and even if he did go on a run,  they are going down so Championship is about or even above his level.

On reflection I agree. Anderson, like Shankland before him, hasn't done enough at Premiership level (5 goals in 39 appearances, albeit several as sub).

It should be further noted that Shankland, despite all the recent plaudits, has only scored 8 Premiership goals in 47 appearances for Dons and Arabs.

Perhaps, harshly, both players flatter to deceive and a lower league is where their qualities are best served?.

Griffiths is proven for me and we'll worth taking the risk.

I'd like 4 strikers ideally and would include Griffiths and Anderson on that. 

So sign them both and hunt for one more experienced striker and another young prospect (maybe a player released from a club down south but could also be someone like shields from QoTS)

15 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Scott Burns in the Record saying Glass is not interested in signing Griffiths.

Worryingly, reckons Taylor and Anderson are getting new contract offers.

I think Taylor’s much better than he gets credit for, whether people want him starting or not, he’d certainly be a very good back up. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Just now, ThomohawkKid said:

I think Taylor’s much better than he gets credit for, whether people want him starting or not, he’d certainly be a very good back up. 

If we’re apparently going to try & play out from the back, then you don’t want Ash Taylor taking the ball off Joe Lewis in his 6 yard box.

As for Griffiths, I’ve always said he’s on a rapidly downward spiral & I’m not sure he’s a gamble we can afford. He’ll go to Hibs as Nisbet’s replacement. 

And if Anderson re-signs I doubt he’d be anything other than 3rd or even 4th pick. 
His early promise at Hamilton (two deflected goals?) has also dried up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If we’re apparently going to try & play out from the back, then you don’t want Ash Taylor taking the ball off Joe Lewis in his 6 yard box.

As for Griffiths, I’ve always said he’s on a rapidly downward spiral & I’m not sure he’s a gamble we can afford. He’ll go to Hibs as Nisbet’s replacement. 

And if Anderson re-signs I doubt he’d be anything other than 3rd or even 4th pick. 
His early promise at Hamilton (two deflected goals?) has also dried up. 

I think Griffiths is a gamble worth taking, he can finish and is not over the hill yet, but Taylor, not so sure, the way he tries to stride out with the ball, makes me fucking cringe.

35 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I thought Taylor had confirmed a few weeks back that he's moving back south regardless?

Anderson I could live with as a 4th choice but no higher. Although hopefully our contract offer is really just a ruse to protect our investment and really we are just looking to get some sort of fee for him from any other club that decides to sign him. I'd really rather see Ruth be our 4th choice striker and start to get some regular sub appearances next season

• Dildo 1
10 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

He also tweeted last night about a couple of potential  signings bubbling away.   Pity about Griffiths as on his day is a very good striker.    I expect Gallagher to be one of the two players Burns suggests.  

So according to burns glass isn’t interested in griffiths.    Well come next season when Griffiths is knocking them in for hibs you will wish you’d signed him Mr Tumbler. (  Glass ).    Right now Tumbler isn’t setting the heather on fire, with his Anderson Taylor new contract offers.    Who’s pulling his strings. ?????}.  

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 2