Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Just now, Sheepo said:

The defence of Mcinnes seems to always be about league placings. The biggest failing of Mcinnes especially in the last few Years is the horrific brand of football and the lack of entertainment this has produced.

Indeed.

nothing of note really.

Especially in cups.

bland & average but we all rejoice because he was better than McGhee ?

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

A fantastic manager. 2nd x 4 is very decent and wont be repeated.

Sevco, Hibs and Hearts being out of the league for varying portions of that run will also never be repeated. Including one season where all 3 of them were out of it together.

He's been a very good manager for the early period of his tenure but fantastic? No not in my book

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Agreed. 

Lets see how Cormack does at picking his replacement.

but that league placings has nothing to do with sacking mcinnes or appointing new manager.

New manager remit is

- target top 3 in league

- target hampden finals /wins

- qualify for group stages

if you fail to deliver on all of the objectives for more than 12 months then your fucking out

in reality its hampden appearances but i might get too many @'s if i write that. sssshhhhh

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I also think 3rd is beyond us and thats why he goes. He's fucked it.

and by the way losing 2-0 at easter road is not a sackable offence. 

the shit football is not a sackable offence.

his results since january 2020, and particularly since december 2020, are.

His win % is average to now absolute shite really. Especially when taken season by season & the relevant competition he’s faced. 

not just with Aberdeen either. 

very average with St’s

shite with Bristol 

average/minimal expected to then considerably shite with us

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

Fair enough.  But bar losing out on goal difference to a team having the best season theyve had in decades and finishing a couple of points behind a team in freefall in a shortened season Mcinnes has always done this. 

Im aware he didnt do it the last 2 seasons regardless of circumstances, fair enough. But 6 full seasons in 7 he did.

Next guy will have pressure on immediately

No really, Aberdeen is the third biggest team and budget,with the third biggest city in Scotland all to itself.It would be truly astonishing if Aberdeen were not a prominent Scottish football team.We had fallen so low when 'steadied the ship' Craig Brown arrived. McInnes was always polite and knew his place ,namely third behind the Old Firm.All these second places and cup finals were when Rangers were in freefall in lower leagues.Anybody with a solid B licence from Craig Brown at Largs could have done what McInnes did.The League Cup triumph was an appalling apology of a game of football,Get McInnes to fuck.Anyone and  I mean anyone new will do just fine.

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Sevco, Hibs and Hearts being out of the league for varying portions of that run will also never be repeated. Including one season where all 3 of them were out of it together.

He's been a very good manager for the early period of his tenure but fantastic? No not in my book

Hibs and Hearts were shite in those years so its irrelevant IMO.

Theyve both had 8 years on similar budgets to build and finish above Mcinnes . This season may be the first time this happens , although even then there are 2 points in it.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

but that league placings has nothing to do with sacking mcinnes or appointing new manager.

New manager remit is

- target top 3 in league

- target hampden finals /wins

- qualify for group stages

if you fail to deliver on all of the objectives for more than 12 months then your fucking out

in reality its hampden appearances but i might get too many @'s if i write that. sssshhhhh

Agree with those targets

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Hibs and Hearts were shite in those years so its irrelevant IMO.

Theyve both had 8 years on similar budgets to build and finish above Mcinnes . This season may be the first time this happens , although even then there are 2 points in it.

Five points and 10 goals

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

And Paterson/Calderwood/Aitken/Skovdahl/Miller etc 

Plus any manager Hibs or Hearts for example as our nearest "rivals" budget wise have appointed in 8 years.

Only strengthens my point on how Mcinnes has lead a charmed life at Aberdeen because of the fact we were so poor under Milnes whole stewardship 

pure relief has had the fans rejoicing over an average manager

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Only strengthens my point on how Mcinnes has lead a charmed life at Aberdeen because of the fact we were so poor under Milnes whole stewardship 

pure relief has had the fans rejoicing over an average manager

Just hope our next is as "average" as a minimum and not like the 7 managers we had ib the 18 years before that.

Horrible feeling itll be the fucking ex Motherwell guy

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

One thing that i think was a bit of a shame is Deek overstaying his welcome so that his win percentage fell below alex smith

Agreed but then Smith had far tougher combination of competition to deal with so Mcinnes’s record is as it is. Very average. Had he left earlier he would only have looked better than he actually was so that was his own fk up for his stats

8 minutes ago, graham said:

No really, Aberdeen is the third biggest team and budget,with the third biggest city in Scotland all to itself.It would be truly astonishing if Aberdeen were not a prominent Scottish football team.We had fallen so low when 'steadied the ship' Craig Brown arrived. McInnes was always polite and knew his place ,namely third behind the Old Firm.All these second places and cup finals were when Rangers were in freefall in lower leagues.Anybody with a solid B licence from Craig Brown at Largs could have done what McInnes did.The League Cup triumph was an appalling apology of a game of football,Get McInnes to fuck.Anyone and  I mean anyone new will do just fine.

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it.

But the selection of Largs coaches we had like ... Craig Brown / Mark Mcghee / Alex Miller didnt get near it.

Time to go possibly as ive said. The next guy better be good 

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Yeah . Time to go now maybe. 

Hardly answers the point that Hibs/Hearts couldnt finish above him in near a decade with similar budgets ?

No not similar. Hearts went into administration and had to seriously reduce their costs/budget. Ironically having been relegated yet again last season, their budget has finally pretty much reached parity with us,

Hibs not so long ago were operating around 50% of out budget. The most recent estimate is somewhere between 66% and 75% but it is closing steadily and likely would also have reached parity within 2 or 3 years. Remains to be seen which club(s) will be most affected by the covid events when we eventually come out the other side