Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think Scott burns will be proved wrong on this one. 

I think the end will be announced one way or another whether its brown (to the split), skovdahl (end of season) or immediate. They wont go down the Calderwood style making the decision and keeping stum to end of season

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I think the end will be announced one way or another whether its brown (to the split), skovdahl (end of season) or immediate. They wont go down the Calderwood style making the decision and keeping stum to end of season

The Calderwood one felt weird being announced half an hour after we'd qualified for Europe on the last day of the season. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Calderwood was last day AFTER the game I’m sure 

Aye, he claimed Miller and Milne started blanking him in the corridors in the week leading up to that Hibs game but he certainly wasnt told mid season that he’d be going at the end of the season.

That never works and won’t happen here either, will be a clean break tomorrow 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If you were being a realist you'd admit he's overall done a good job at AFC. 

Bollocks. As a realist I see he’s done nothing of note. Nothing above expectations given his fortunate circumstances. He’s performed blatantly averagely & that is the real truth. 
Crediting him based on previous massive failures that preceded him & being ignorant to the advantage he held is not realistic 

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

anyways am nailing to the mast

he's gone.

I hope so Tord31,that interview he did last night  at Easter Road excuses galore,when for the first time,the interviewers were not so synchophantic to him,his petted lip and pathetic response and excuses reminded me of that day at Brechin.He's out the door shortly.The St Mirren bus will give him a lift back down to Paisley next Saturday night.I give Derek Mcinnes a week maximum.

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Bollocks. As a realist I see he’s done nothing of note. Nothing above expectations given his fortunate circumstances. He’s performed blatantly averagely & that is the real truth. 
Crediting him based on previous massive failures that preceded him & being ignorant to the advantage he held is not realistic 

If that was true (its not) you must have spent your entire Aberdeen supporting life depressed. 

Ill take his "average" over any other manager weve had in the last 20-25 years. Importantly so would supporters of any other Scottish team outwith Celtic and Sevco (although even they wanted him at 1 stage).

If you truly believe that then fair enough.

But in your opinion what will be "above average" for his replacement to achieve?

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

If that was true (its not) you must have spent your entire Aberdeen supporting life depressed. 

Ill take his "average" over any other manager weve had in the last 20-25 years. Importantly so would supporters of any other Scottish team outwith Celtic and Sevco (although even they wanted him at 1 stage).

But in your opinion what will be "above average" for his replacement to achieve?

Again totally ignorant to the advantages held. He couldn’t fail to finish second really but soon managed that when things got slightly closer to normality in the league.

you can be happy with it I will say I am (whilst not overly disappointed) seeing it more as missed opportunities on many fronts by the club

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

The huns never really wanted mcinnes. They wanted us to not have him.

2nd four years in a row is very decent. 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Again totally ignorant to the advantages held. He couldn’t fail to finish second really but soon managed that when things got slightly closer to normality in the league.

you can be happy with it I will say I am (whilst not overly disappointed) seeing it more as missed opportunities on many fronts by the club

Apart from 2 seasons above a much bigger spending hun team.

Genuine question though. His replacement , what do they have to achieve in the current circumstances to be "above average" for Aberdeen? If you are sure Mcinnes hasnt achieved this then surely you know what his replacement needs to do to overachieve? 

First signs of any kind of sustainable competition from other sides in league & Mcinnes fails. That has only become even more prevalent as last few seasons progressed. 
That is not a manager that Is going to improve. Quite the opposite if you look at the stats & reality. So time to get rid.

Thanks for being very consistently average but move aside so we can try & find a more aggressive cunt

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The huns never really wanted mcinnes. They wanted us to not have him.

2nd four years in a row is very decent. 

Possibly. But id argue that surely means they did want him as they offered him the job. I find the idea they approached Mcinnes just to weaken us as odd? Surely if they didnt rate him for real they would have found a better manager?

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Any replacement now will have a far tougher job to do than the piss easy ride Mcinnes has had & that is 100% fact. 

knives will be out from everyone.

Those that said 3rd wasnt good enough still saying it

McInnes lovers and the media brining it up for possibly the next ten years every time we are lowering that top 3 or draw with hamilton

It could end up looking very silly to pay £1M+ to get shot but it is what it is.

I wasnt for paying it till recently either but heyho. If we have to sell Ferguson so be it