Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really don't get why so many are convinced that Mcinnes is inevitably the Hearts next manager. They won't pay him anything like what he was used to with us........and if he were to fail there, it's likely his managerial career will be finished for good.

He's never hidden his desire to manage in England once more but even he must realise it isn't going to be at the level he would like it to be. So if he is to go down south, it's going to have to be at an EFL 1 level club and either get them promoted  or do very well at an EFL2 club and get noticed in doing so by a Championship club. Either way, he's still likely to earn as much there as he would with Hearts. 

If nothing comes up down south, the Scotland job might well become available relatively quickly. Defeat in Denmark and Austria would surely kill off our chances of WC qualification and although the SFA are supposed to be ready to offer Clarke a contract extension, I suspect he would rather be back down south in a coaching job and beside his family full time. 

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Could work out well for him if it's in the next 6-12 months but I'd wonder if Moyes will be sacked before Clarke.... and hence Moyes will be a shoe in.

I'll always defend McInnes' time with the Dons but he'd be a hopeless Scotland manager with those players. 

We go on about having a great midfield, but every manager seems to bypass the midfield with their tactics. McInnes would certainly do the same.  

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I really don't get why so many are convinced that Mcinnes is inevitably the Hearts next manager. They won't pay him anything like what he was used to with us........and if he were to fail there, it's likely his managerial career will be finished for good.

He’ll never get paid what he was on here again. Doubt even the Scotland job pays that well. 

• Upvote 1

With the sudden emergence of Ramsay and McKenzie, I wonder if these loons were held back from McInnes on purpose. Surely, even the most stubborn of decisions (and there were plenty) from McInnes, woudn't have seen him not give either full back at least a wee run out in the side, particularly given our issues at left back. OK, we had McCrorie who could play on the right, but he was largely honking.

I reckon they were purposely kept under wraps for Glass' arrival. More proof if you needed it that the punting of DM and his replacement by SG was planned a wee while before events unfolded.

3 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

With the sudden emergence of Ramsay and McKenzie, I wonder if these loons were held back from McInnes on purpose. Surely, even the most stubborn of decisions (and there were plenty) from McInnes, woudn't have seen him not give either full back at least a wee run out in the side, particularly given our issues at left back. OK, we had McCrorie who could play on the right, but he was largely honking.

I reckon they were purposely kept under wraps for Glass' arrival. More proof if you needed it that the punting of DM and his replacement by SG was planned a wee while before events unfolded.

What would have prevented mcinnes selecting them if he wanted to? So you are suggesting Cormack said "no Derek they are getting saved for your replacement." I doubt it.

6 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

With Ramsay, I think you can see there was a plan for his development and inclusion. Includes not playing Logan to extend his contract.

I think they knew there was a player there but he was not ready physically at 16/17 to be relied upon.

He has shown now that at 18, he can hold his own. Id say the Jack Gurr deal was about providing a back-up / competition for the slot and given that Gurr is only on a one year deal, its looking like Ramsay will be the long term plan and maybe also incentivises Gurr to push / adapt to slot in elsewhere. Could he play in the right side of the diamon for example where he covered as a sub last Sunday? 

1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

What would have prevented mcinnes selecting them if he wanted to? So you are suggesting Cormack said "no Derek they are getting saved for your replacement." I doubt it.

Absolutely, that's what I'm suggesting. I think the last 6 months of McInnes' time here, he was basically treading water, which was apparent in his demeanor and our performances. Take the January transfer window for example. He wasn't allowed to make any permanent signings and most of his out of contract players were left to expire. Cormack had a plan in the making for a long time before we all realised what was happening. He's maybe many things is our Dave, but lacking foresight isn't one of his failings.

Even you look at Campbell, he was thrust into a stuttering midfield and went from what, a promising young loon, to someone who looked out of his depth within weeks (in my opinion at least). I'm sure the more valued and promising talent that is Jack and Calvin, were wrapped up in cotton wool, for fear of McInnes doing a Hernandez on them.

23 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I've read a lot of shite in this forum in my time, but this is definitely up there with one of the worst. 

• Upvote 3