Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Pedro was just slightly off with the end of the cycle comment.

Huge credit to the management, players and staff to keep it going but we are now holding on to the cliff edge by a few finger nails.

Next few months things could easily easily fall to pieces so we should probably be giving more credit when they grind out a win.

We are utter dog shit.

• Downvote 1

Finger nails is maybe a bit excessive but carrying unsustainable baggage whilst struggling on the park for sure.

Don’t think it’s fair to criticise McInnes for what he did with what he had yesterday. But valid argument that what he had was his own doing for sure.

We’re never a 2nd place side at the moment but 8th isn’t a fair reflection either.

December will make or break us.

My prediction is we’ll finish it 4ish with the ugly sisters disappearing over the horizon.

No excuse to not be 3rd. No excuse to not be back at Hampden in May.

I don't think either of them would be even remotely interested. Or anyone who would make the slightest difference for that matter.

The Scotland job is not an attractive proposition. There's a reason we ended up with McLeish.

At the moment, with a great chance of qualifying to the Euros, the Scotland job is a very good prospect.  Wait a few months when we've lost a few games and spirits are down again...

Finger nails is maybe a bit excessive but carrying unsustainable baggage whilst struggling on the park for sure.

Don’t think it’s fair to criticise McInnes for what he did with what he had yesterday. But valid argument that what he had was his own doing for sure.

We’re never a 2nd place side at the moment but 8th isn’t a fair reflection either.

December will make or break us.

My prediction is we’ll finish it 4ish with the ugly sisters disappearing over the horizon.

No excuse to not be 3rd. No excuse to not be back at Hampden in May.

As far as there being no excuse not to be back at Hampden in May? That very much depends on the draw. If we draw the ugly sisters or Hearts away from home before the semi-final there's a very very good chance we're going no further in the competition.

We could get 3rd place but I doubt it. Where are the goals and creativity coming from to achieve it? I feel once Hearts get their injured players back that they will still be favourites for that position. In Naismith they have a player who as he has already proved will turn tight games in their favour he's the best attacking player in the league outside of the ugly sisters and by some distance in my opinion. It pains me to say that as I detest the little rat faced hun cunt .

Amazing how different you see a game differently than fans of other clubs. Yesterday on the bus home, most folk (bleezing may I add) wanted McInnes out as we were shite etc.

Majority of journalists and fans of other clubs at my work think it was a very even game and we aren't far off them.

We are desperately lacking a creative influence and someone to put the ball in the net but we look more than good enough elsewhere. From what we are led to believe, McInnes has a big say in the recruitment process so the buck stops with him. He's certainly earned another window to get it right.

Amazing how different you see a game differently than fans of other clubs. Yesterday on the bus home, most folk (bleezing may I add) wanted McInnes out as we were shite etc.

Majority of journalists and fans of other clubs at my work think it was a very even game and we aren't far off them.

We are desperately lacking a creative influence and someone to put the ball in the net but we look more than good enough elsewhere. From what we are led to believe, McInnes has a big say in the recruitment process so the buck stops with him. He's certainly earned another window to get it right.

Agree with the different views. I felt it was the worst of our three finals against them whereas others encouraged by how we matched them.

Agree with the different views. I felt it was the worst of our three finals against them whereas others encouraged by how we matched them.

Surely you can't think it was worse than the first league cup final?!

I thought we were much better in the Scottish Cup final but we played well in the main yesterday. It just fell apart in the final third.

We're missing a No.10 more than anything. We've got width with GMS and McGinn, but the central players, Shinnie and Ferguson, aren't attacking mids.  I'm finding it hard to criticise the forwards when we get literally no service to them. The seasons Rooney scored 20+ he was getting the ball to him in the box far more than our current strikers are getting. If they were missing loads of chances, then fair enough, but we're not creating anything.  I think we need to start playing Wright or McLennan behind the striker with GMS and McGinn / Wright / McLennan behind.  Or even playing McGinn through the middle.

Surely you can't think it was worse than the first league cup final?!

I thought we were much better in the Scottish Cup final but we played well in the main yesterday. It just fell apart in the final third.

Worse than the LCF#1 when taking into account yesterday how sure I was we would lose and how sure I was we would not score as part of the overall day.

Many fans agreed the hype was WAY different to the previous 3 finals.

Worse than the LCF#1 when taking into account yesterday how sure I was we would lose and how sure I was we would not score as part of the overall day.

Many fans agreed the hype was WAY different to the previous 3 finals.

So you thought we had a chance, but didn't turn up the last time whilst expecting to lose yesterday but the team put in a decent performance and that made it worse?

How much of that DNA money have we saved up for January then ?

Being somewhat of a glass half empty kinda guy anyway the loss was expected yesterday, I'm just glad it wasn't a pumping which given the gulf in quality of the players it had every right to be. As with everything DMc related over the past few years but more specifically the past 18 months the question is do you stick or twist ? Sticking involves more of the same, standing still, never being better than we are because the status quo is always met. We simply don't have a squad even if fully fit that could have beaten that Celtic team even if the played worse than they did yesterday. Forget the refs, forget the SFA... If we created and converted enough chances all season we wouldn't be having this debate. I'm intrigued how DMc bigged up Wilson all week as his chance to shine and then starting with Cosgrove. Mind games ? I think not.

We have way too many journeymen in our team - or so it would appear. To twist and try someone new is a risk, but I feel it's a risk worth taking now as I'm so despondent and not appearing to be able to do enough against a team that is definitely beatable. It's the hope that kills you. I'm thankful for the numerous cup finals but its not enough anymore. We seem to stall in cup finals, European qualifying etc whilst our competitors seem to make progress. Best loser is still a loser... Nearly men are still never men...

Happy Monday everyone. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

After yesterday it was time to reflect on things and how this season has been so far. With the fixtures coming up after Wednesday we should be looking at going on a good run and a run that would see us hopefully top 3 at the winter break. We will get our games in hand back over the likes of hearts and killie and the fixtures these teams have in the top 6 are a lot harder looking than ours. The only thing I am questioning the manager over at the moment is some of his signings. He has found a few gems in devlin, lowe and ferguson but Gleeson, Forrester, May, Wilson etc are not up to scratch. Cosgrove, Ball, Hoban(if fit) are all decent squad players and wouldn't completely write them off but we need to seriously improve our attacking options in the January window.

• Upvote 1

well watching yesterdays proceedings finally brought home to me what ive been feeling for a while,

that i am no longer an avid football fan. AFC, the governing bodies and the mainstream media have left me with no desire for the game.

i feel totally indifferent, i couldn't care less if i dont see another game of football. i have no interest in watching any football on tv.

the only football i do now is sportsound on a Saturday.

sad state of affairs. i used to look forward to festive period games. but i wont be attending any id sooner work!!!!

anyway i will still come on these forums to find out the hats' much respected view on all things AFC.

• Downvote 4

The thing is we actually have to win these games and that means scoring more goals than we have been, which would suggest creating more chances. Our best chance yesterday involved a celtic player randomly deciding to kick the ball of his own bar.

Tough game for us Wednesday, if we can get something out of that it would be a good start.

The question of goalscoring needs close scrutiny. Our strikers aren't not scoring because they are missing chances, there aren't even chances. There's a small band of strikers who can make their own chances but they are top dollar. The rest can finish off chances if they are any good. Our problem, it seems, centres on how the team as a whole play. We dont play controlled, creative football from front to back, and that's as much to do with management as the quality of individual players.

well watching yesterdays proceedings finally brought home to me what ive been feeling for a while,

that i am no longer an avid football fan. AFC, the governing bodies and the mainstream media have left me with no desire for the game.

i feel totally indifferent, i couldn't care less if i dont see another game of football. i have no interest in watching any football on tv.

sad state of affairs. i used to look forward to festive period games. but i wont be attending any id sooner work!!!!

anyway i will still come on these forums to find out the hats' much respected view on all things AFC.

You should have heard the huge collective "aw" that went up after your first few sentences.

We're missing a No.10 more than anything. We've got width with GMS and McGinn, but the central players, Shinnie and Ferguson, aren't attacking mids. I'm finding it hard to criticise the forwards when we get literally no service to them. The seasons Rooney scored 20+ he was getting the ball to him in the box far more than our current strikers are getting. If they were missing loads of chances, then fair enough, but we're not creating anything. I think we need to start playing Wright or McLennan behind the striker with GMS and McGinn / Wright / McLennan behind. Or even playing McGinn through the middle.

Completely agree. We are badly missing Kenny McLean, and it doesn’t help McGinn is a shadow of his former self as Hayes and McGinn were both playing well and creating loads of chances in Rooney’s prolific seasons.

Yesterday is so frustrating as you’ve got to be happy to limit Celtic to one goal in a cup final and back yourself to at least score one goal if you hope to win it.

Delete your account again then?

The thing is we actually have to win these games and that means scoring more goals than we have been, which would suggest creating more chances. Our best chance yesterday involved a celtic player randomly deciding to kick the ball of his own bar.

Tough game for us Wednesday, if we can get something out of that it would be a good start.

We wont get fuckall on wednesday because of McInnes shitting it again

Celtic were there for the taking on sunday but if you park the bus and don't play to win that is exactly what will happen 

Its always tighten up things or how do we stop the opposition when we play celtic hearts hibs and rangers

which usually means about 7 defenders

Ball will be the first name on the team sheet on Wednesday followed by Lewis Considine, shinnie, logan, McKenna, Lowe and if fit Devlin all defence minded (that leaves 3 midfield and attack)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We wont get fuckall on wednesday because of McInnes shitting it again

Celtic were there for the taking on sunday but if you park the bus and don't play to win that is exactly what will happen

Its always tighten up things or how do we stop the opposition when we play celtic hearts hibs and rangers

which usually means about 7 defenders

Ball will be the first name on the team sheet on Wednesday followed by Lewis Considine, shinnie, logan, McKenna, Lowe and if fit Devlin all defence minded (that leaves 3 midfield and attack)

I wouldn't say shitting it will be the main problem on Wednesday. The fact we can't score goals being a bit more important at the moment. 2-0 low key game - both teams

lagging from the weekend.

How much of that DNA money have we saved up for January then ?

Being somewhat of a glass half empty kinda guy anyway the loss was expected yesterday, I'm just glad it wasn't a pumping which given the gulf in quality of the players it had every right to be. As with everything DMc related over the past few years but more specifically the past 18 months the question is do you stick or twist ? Sticking involves more of the same, standing still, never being better than we are because the status quo is always met. We simply don't have a squad even if fully fit that could have beaten that Celtic team even if the played worse than they did yesterday. Forget the refs, forget the SFA... If we created and converted enough chances all season we wouldn't be having this debate. I'm intrigued how DMc bigged up Wilson all week as his chance to shine and then starting with Cosgrove. Mind games ? I think not.

We have way too many journeymen in our team - or so it would appear. To twist and try someone new is a risk, but I feel it's a risk worth taking now as I'm so despondent and not appearing to be able to do enough against a team that is definitely beatable. It's the hope that kills you. I'm thankful for the numerous cup finals but its not enough anymore. We seem to stall in cup finals, European qualifying etc whilst our competitors seem to make progress. Best loser is still a loser... Nearly men are still never men...

Happy Monday everyone.

Enough of this common sense shite. You are clearly just a bed wetter.

• Downvote 1

A simple 'nae gan back' would have sufficed. 

I wouldn't say shitting it will be the main problem on Wednesday. The fact we can't score goals being a bit more important at the moment. 2-0 low key game - both teams

lagging from the weekend.

That is exactly why we are not scoring because we are worrying what the opposition are doing and playing defensive

McInnes wont learn we will go 1-0 down and then he will throw on strikers with 10 mins to go

Just had a wee thought that Del., is only human and is probably looking forward to Xmas and that. Some family time, maybe eat too much chocolate , maybe scoff a whole fucking selection box in a oner. Who knows..? Anyway Merry Xmas Del and the family and a Happy New Year when it comes.

COYR

Pat Nevin could beat him in a selection box scoffing competition.