Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Probably nothing, but find it quite peculiar the club hasn't  posted a thing on social media for 48 hours now.

Surely there'll be a statement one way or the other in the offing, either backing him or sacking him? 

When a rumour is as big as that, and gets widely believed, normally clubs address it. Especially seen as it looks like the stuff going about last night was "ebsolute crep."

My gut feeling is he’ll get to the end of the season.

If/when we’re out the top 3, he’ll be sacked (mutual agreement, blah blah)

We’re not getting top 3, think we’ll cling on for 4th but the consequences of missing that top 3 & the alleged £3-£4m in money will force them to act I think. 

8 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Think they know anything they post will just get a barrage of McInnes out posts and what not.

Unless they make a decision either way I can't see the club posting much for a while  

Does that really matter? There are some total idiots on Twitter with a strange and obsessive agenda about the manager, it's all they can bring themselves to discuss. I imagine these types will be the same about the next thing they don't like about the club. 

Not that Derek should stay, might I add. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My gut feeling is he’ll get to the end of the season.

If/when we’re out the top 3, he’ll be sacked (mutual agreement, blah blah)

We’re not getting top 3, think we’ll cling on for 4th but the consequences of missing that top 3 & the alleged £3-£4m in money will force them to act I think. 

And I he pulls 3rd out the bag, like he definitely could?

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If we finish 3rd this season we'll all be having a party. Bonus payments for all staff, season ticket holders and dna members.

There certainly will be no sackings only knighthoods.

Unfortunately we've already fucked it. 

13 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

IF Del stays, what should we do formation wise to change or style and luck?

traditional 442!

4-2-3-1

Lewis 

Logan        Taylor      Hoban    Considine 

McGeough  McCrorie

McGinn            Ferguson           Hayes 

Hornby 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, starryfish said:

4-2-3-1

Lewis 

McGeough  McCrorie

Hornby 

I can actually see him pickin McGinn and Logan.  its that desperate.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

All this talk of maybe 3rd and we should get 4th, at the moment I can't see where the next goal will come from never mind the next win

I’d snap your hand off for 4th at the moment.

Unless Livi fall to pieces I think we’ll struggle to hold onto it. Luckily I think we are probably just far enough ahead of St Mirren that they won’t catch us.

14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Weegies, like scousers, hold a particular space in our hearts based on history.

The first drug dealers in the city pubs in the 70's were from these two places. They thought they were master criminals and boasted of leaving their enemies with concrete boots etc., thought they were hard as fuck and put on their accents even worse than they normally spoke, like the louder weegies ALWAYS do on holiday.

This was the era when the OF came to town and took over, all the shops in King Street having to board up their windies. This all changed in the early to mid 1980's.

Go back further and our father's and grandfather's generations despised Glaswegians. Like the weegies are brought up to hate "the other side", many in the NE were brought up to distrust non-Doric speakers (including our own schoolteachers who told us not to spik like at) and to hate weegies in particular.

Never knew the shops in King Street liked their cricket. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Then hes obviously changed something (like taking 6-9 points off Celtic for starters) which is kind of why people want him moved on - a failure to change and adapt.

But I feel he's backed himself too far into the corner to do that.  He has no points blanket to fall back on for, well, basically all the top six games, none of which we seem comfortable in.  His squad has been stripped bare.  Some of it is luck (Hedges) some of it is transfer dealing no doubt with board 'assistance' (Cosgrove/Mckenna/Wright) but a large part of it once again is a failure to address what's been staring everyone in the face namely lack of full backs, creativity and putting the ball in the pokey. 

Had we looked like we had a clue against the bottom sides, been unlucky with goals, penalties whatever Id have some sympathy but we absolutely deserve to be where we are currently and (at the moment anyway) its up to Derek which way we go from here.  I will happily take every portion of humble pie he wants to serve up in May.  Frankly I hope he does.  

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Nae idea Consi.

Quite possibly he’d see out his contract as Cormack would find it hard to justify sacking a man who’s potentially earned the club £3-£4m.

I haven’t really thought about the “what if we’re 3rd” as I just don’t see it the way we’re playing.

The last 11 fixtures include 3 v Tims, 1 v scum, 2 v Livi & 1 v Hibs. 

We’ll finish 4th IMO. 

54 minutes ago, starryfish said:

4-2-3-1

Lewis 

McGeough  McCrorie

Hornby 

Not the worst team ever, I'd probably go for Kennedy rather than McGinn, not because Kennedy is any great shakes but mainly because I think that McGinn is finished at this level.

Even if he did change to this formation, it all depends on where he starts McGinn and Hayes, further up the park attacking the full backs or 10 yards ahead of our full backs to stop their full backs.

I think the problem we've had with this formation in the past is that DMC starts the players too deep and there is too big a gap between the midfield/wide players and the CF. The ball gets thumped up to an isolated player, he's too isolated and gets crowded out before the support gets close to him.

7 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Not the worst team ever, I'd probably go for Kennedy rather than McGinn, not because Kennedy is any great shakes but mainly because I think that McGinn is finished at this level.

Even if he did change to this formation, it all depends on where he starts McGinn and Hayes, further up the park attacking the full backs or 10 yards ahead of our full backs to stop their full backs.

I think the problem we've had with this formation in the past is that DMC starts the players too deep and there is too big a gap between the midfield/wide players and the CF. The ball gets thumped up to an isolated player, he's too isolated and gets crowded out before the support gets close to him.

Kennedy is absolutely shite. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Willie miller quote in evening express.   (I hope Cormack doesn’t wild the axe after the hibs defeat.).  Miller a great player not so great a manager. He must be in the same Lodge where they wear aprons and have one trouser leg rolled up.    Waken up Miller how long do you want this 1 times tea cup Penalty extra time winner to be in charge.   Miller why do you like  being tortured watching this shit results week in week out.  

• Downvote 2
53 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I find the hatred of 'weegies' to be a bit baffling to be honest. I've worked in Glasgow, had nights out in Glasgow, known many from the area over the years and on the whole they're just.. people.

Hell, even my wife is a weegie (well, Kilmarnock, as good as).

You're right when you say we're somewhat insular / distrusting up here, and that rubs the wrong way with your typical outgoing, jocular central belter personality type.

We can be downright hostile up here to be honest. With a touch of snobbery thrown in.

This post should in no way be taken as defence of some of 'their' fans who are far and away the most disgusting pond life I've ever come across at a football ground.

Ive no doubt the original hatred came from around the mid 70s when hordes of pissed Weegies,(along with glory hunters from all over,) ran amok in the city as mentioned,and it went a step further with the on the pitch rivalry in the 80s,but I find the whole Weegie chat nowadays a bit lazy/dated tbh.What is a Weegie these days,..or an Aberdonian? 

Could understand a constructive hatred for the happy with the status quo powers that be though ...

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Contractual obligations means nothing to you in your mad wee world I take it? ?

What obligations has Mcinnes given in all the shit results against the likes of Ross County etc etc etc etc etc .   Only one the obligation to get beat.  Now if you like being in that happy wee world.    There’s thousands who don’t.  

• Dildo 3
7 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

What obligations has Mcinnes given in all the shit results against the likes of Ross County etc etc etc etc etc .   Only one the obligation to get beat.  Now if you like being in that happy wee world.    There’s thousands who don’t.  

As I thought.

Too thick to understand contractual obligations.

A defeat to Ross County, as shite as it is, is not breach of contract, you rambling, fucking hun spastic. 

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Club tweeted Jonny Hayes post match interview and that is exactly what has happened ?

Aye seen that, no shock. Club need to come out and say they are either backig McInnes or not. 

Whilst I think he should go the club needs to be open and honest with it's fine and acknowledge the fact so many fans are unhappy. Fact they aren't shows to me a complete lack of care about what fans think, we simply are a cash cow for them (they'll no doubt flog the PPV stuff in the comming days)

I find it astonishing that club would have leaked that he would be sacked if we lost to Hibs if they weren't prepared to act on it. 

The club have effectively put the notion of replacing him into the heads of the supporters and created a situation where we have gone from a number of fans wanting him sacked, to an even bigger number now demanding he is sacked. 

Whilst people would still be wanting him gone, I can't imagine we would have the same clamour without the Tom English and Richard Gordon stories. 

• Like 1