Season Ticket Renewal - Yes or No?

Season Ticket Renewal - Yes or No?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Without any significant changes in the management of the club will you be renewing your season ticket?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/25/2021 at 01:43 PM

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

With a new squad needing to be built this summer it's perfect timing for a new manager to come in

Very true, but will a new manager be appointed and, if so, will he of the calibre to sort the mess out?

14 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Season ticket - No

DNA - No

Not enough transparency from the club as to where the money is going. Particularly DNA money given its fans paying out of goodwill essentially. Don't even get us started on Hernandez either, dodgy Dave constantly dodging this question is starting to piss me off.

Reckon that dodgy Dave will not spring up for a Q & A controlled session until we either score a goal and actually win a game.

When is the Aberdeenshire Cup likely to be played?

No

Nor will I be renewing DNA or redtv. 

Its not just the current situation at the club, but Scottish football as a whole that I'm finished with. There was a small glimmer of hope when the huns were liquidated. However ourselves and others failed to capitalise on that opportunity and now sevco are here and we are back to where we were (which is exactly what the splf want) . Utterly pointless. All Scottish football is is a platform for those two clubs to try and benefit from champions league cash, further widening the gap. As far as the mainstream media are concerned, there are only two teams worth giving breath to. I'm utterly sick of some of the sycophantic shite coming out of bbc sports sound on a nightly basis. 

FUCK SCOTTISH FOOTBALL 

I'M OUT. 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, don corleone said:

No

Its not just the current situation at the club, but Scottish football as a whole that I'm finished with. There was a small glimmer of hope when the huns were liquidated. However ourselves and others failed to capitalise on that opportunity and now sevco are here and we are back to where we were (which is exactly what the splf want) . Utterly pointless. All Scottish football is is a platform for those two clubs to try and benefit from champions league cash, further widening the gap. As far as the mainstream media are concerned, there are only two teams worth giving breath to. I'm utterly sick of some of the sycophantic shite coming out of bbc sports sound on a nightly basis. 

FUCK SCOTTISH FOOTBALL 

I'M OUT. 

Bang on.

I haven't voted no on this poll, because its a very specific question related to the position of the manager, but I'm not renewing for the reasons you've set out. 

No

FUCK SCOTTISH FOOTBALL 

I'M OUT. 

Finally someone gets it.

No

FUCK SCOTTISH FOOTBALL 

I'M OUT. 

Aye, pretty much how I feel about it all.

Our former chairman had a significant part to play in it... keeping the 11-1 vote structure, & publicly banging on about how he likes a “strong Rangers” in Scottish football,

Stewart Milne is an absolute tit & a needs booted off the current board so he has zero influence in AFC, as nothing he has done has had a positive affect. 

• Upvote 1

It makes my skin crawl any time I hear anybody involved with Aberdeen, or any of the other clubs for that matter saying that Scottish football needs a strong rangers. The club and the scum that follow them are utter poison and could and should have been eradicated. The game in Scotland would have thrived eventually. Celtic would have been weakened and most other clubs would have found themselves better off in the long run and home gates would have improved with more local fans supporting their local team. How many buses leave towns and cities every other week headed for ibrox. Would these people have just given up watching live football? Some maybe, but the rest would have gone back to watching the teams that their fathers and grandfather's supported. I fucking hate the huns and to a marginally lesser extent celtic and when I say marginally I mean you could barely get a cigarette paper between them but I think even more than them I utterly detest and hold nothing but contempt for the sofa and spfl. 

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, pretty much how I feel about it all.

Our former chairman had a significant part to play in it... keeping the 11-1 vote structure, & publicly banging on about how he likes a “strong Rangers” in Scottish football,

Stewart Milne is an absolute tit & a needs booted off the current board so he has zero influence in AFC, as nothing he has done has had a positive affect. 

As someone who has supported Aberdeen from before the great 1980's period I recall that Fergie was banging on about the west of Scotland bias long before we starting winning trophies.

We simply require a club that is managed and ran by folk that aim high and are not setting goals that should be easy to achieve, yet even these goals aren't met.

DM steadied the ship when he came, having us positioned in the top 3, reaching cup finals and even winning a trophy after 19 long years.

However we have finished 4th the last 2 seasons and are likely to finish 4th, or worse, this season.

We are earning less points and scoring less goals than DM's earlier season's.

The quality of play has also gone downhill as well, coupled with poor recruitment in the latter seasons.

What more can I say?

23 minutes ago, Henry said:

To think there was never going to a new Rangers is bonkers IMO.

What's criminal is that the entirety of Scottish football and the media fail to acknowledge that original Rangers were liquidated, and promote this fantasy that the huns are going for their 55th title. 

When it comes to football, titles, players, successes; same club. 

When it's off the field matters like debts, child abuse accusations, the contracts of their players at the time of their liquidation; old club. 

Only their thick, subservient and toxic set of supporters could see this plain as day, and continue with the fantasy. 

I know Scottish football is fucked, but you've got to have hope, absolutely have to have hope. 

I like to think that I hate the governance of our game as much as anyone. 

The SPFL and that cretin Doncaster, Cormack had looked a right fucking tit backing that horse, 

The total shambles over voting in the summer, the way that they were manipulating the votes, the lack of league sponsors, everything they have done has shown them to be corrupt, and dishonest to the core, the whole SPFL and SFA need to be stripped down and cleaned up, 

Yes the chance to change the 11- 1 vote was a disgrace but let's not forget that cunt Duncan Fraser was in the board that appointed Doncaster and at no time did he utter a word in support of change, 

It was fucking shameful 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

When it's off the field matters like debts, child abuse accusations, the contracts of their players at the time of their liquidation; old club. 

Only their thick, subservient and toxic set of supporters could see this plain as day, and continue with the fantasy. 

I know Scottish football is fucked, but you've got to have hope, absolutely have to have hope. 

Not with the current governance but as I've said us fans do nothing about it we just keep bending over and getting shafted until we make a stand it will continue 

2 hours ago, don corleone said:

No

FUCK SCOTTISH FOOTBALL 

I'M OUT. 

Got to say I am of the same opinion, DNA and REDTV already binned and I will only renew my season ticket if we are getting in no later than September and if DM is gone otherwise I will judge it on a game by game basis. I still love the day out with mates, a few beers before and after. The midweek and 12.00 kick offs are Horrendous also and further alienate fans. Everything associated with the scum brothers and the Horrifically biased MSM puts me clean off the product

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

That would be correct if uefa!/fifa had taken there titles off them and were to hold a mentality of old/new club. But they are just as bad as the SFA/SPFL and the Scottish media, there is no hope if every single football body goes down the line of the same rhetoric as the Scottish counterparts. I.e nothing to see here etc

and for that I am also by with Scottish football, corrupt to the core

2 hours ago, Henry said:

To think there was never going to a new Rangers is bonkers IMO.

What's criminal is that the entirety of Scottish football and the media fail to acknowledge that original Rangers were liquidated, and promote this fantasy that the huns are going for their 55th title. 

Totally agree. They ignore the fact that they had to apply to join the league. They refer any claims in respect of child abuse to the liquidator because it was the old club. In the next breath they claim they are going for 55.

Fuck the corrupt huns.

3 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Got to say I am of the same opinion, DNA and REDTV already binned and I will only renew my season ticket if we are getting in no later than September and if DM is gone otherwise I will judge it on a game by game basis. I still love the day out with mates, a few beers before and after. The midweek and 12.00 kick offs are Horrendous also and further alienate fans. Everything associated with the scum brothers and the Horrifically biased MSM puts me clean off the product

Aye and the 12.00 kick offs almost exclusively involve away games for the arse cheeks.

If one of them was away to Westhill Girls it would be on Sky.

Scottish football is almost down the pan, unless things change pretty sharpish. Why should us mugs continue spending hard earned to watch utter drivel.

14 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Why should us mugs continue spending hard earned to watch utter drivel.

This is the key point. 2012 proved we can make the clubs listen. But the minute the ST money is safely in the bank, they stop giving a fuck. 

Our mistake in 2012 was to let them off with a temporary fudge. 

The problem we have now is one of coordination, coupled with the fact that unbelievabley we have quite a lot of fans who think we should just accept it. 

Dave - set out the road map. Come on get it deen. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I would definitely renew if I had one

Should be supporting the club more then ever

Not so sure you'd be saying that MT if you'd travelled to and from Pittodrie on a freezing bollocks Saturday afternoon, or midweek evening, over the last two or three seasons when the "entertainment" on offer was total horseshit.

Possibly the only upside from the pandemic is not having to witness the guff first hand this season. Red TV is bad enough though!!

37 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Not so sure you'd be saying that MT if you'd travelled to and from Pittodrie on a freezing bollocks Saturday afternoon, or midweek evening, over the last two or three seasons when the "entertainment" on offer was total horseshit.

Possibly the only upside from the pandemic is not having to witness the guff first hand this season. Red TV is bad enough though!!

Watching at home is horseshit compared to being able to go to watch the game live.

At least then, during the course of the game, you can vent your frustrations at the manager, opposition or ref.
Watching the performance of the team live is infinitely better than what we have now.

It was actually not bad going for a short while whilst the huns were nowhere to be seen. Now they're here to dominate for many years, it's sickening.

A few years in exile may actually rejuvenate the support. May even see a goal. Scrape 1-1's with Dumbarton etc. 

The huns are here to stay and that's fitba finished 

• Dildo 1

I'll renew. Criticism of Cormack has been disproportionate given the last years circumstances. Needs a couple of proper years in normal conditions,but the signs were a big improvement on Milne.

Assuming we go back to a pre 2012 duopoly,the balls more in the fans court if we can be arsed. Scottish football would flourish without them.If we co-ordinated efforts with fans of other clubs,we could put pressure on our clubs to change the voting structure(or whatever it is that gives Newer firm the advantage),and take it as far as resigning from the league if necessary

Be interesting to see where were at after the 10 in a row shite is out the way though.The OF crowds only grew to where theyre at now because of the 9in a row thing in the 90s.Their natural crowds (eg going by the 1970s) were in the 20'000/30'000 area

• Dildo 1

No disrespect of the opinions of others who will continue to invest money regardless of whether the highly paid DM is doing a good job or not.

But surely it is criminal that, whilst we cannot score goals for toffee, a striker who hasn't been given much of a run by DM is finding a new lease of life at Hamilton!!

34 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

No disrespect of the opinions of others who will continue to invest money regardless of whether the highly paid DM is doing a good job or not.

But surely it is criminal that, whilst we cannot score goals for toffee, a striker who hasn't been given much of a run by DM is finding a new lease of life at Hamilton!!

Another piece of evidence for the prosecution 

33 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

It's up to individuals whether they want to renew or not Woody. A lot of folk that renew will be as pissed off with the manager as you are. 

But everyone's reasons for renewing are different and a lot of the time will be linked to social time with their family or friends. 

Folk were renewing under McGhee or Paterson or Alex Miller. And they will renew again under McInnes if he's still here.  Managers pass through. Many fans want to follow their team through good and bad times. But it doesn't mean they are all happy with how the club or the team are performing. Far from it.