Season Ticket Renewal - Yes or No?

Season Ticket Renewal - Yes or No?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Without any significant changes in the management of the club will you be renewing your season ticket?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/25/2021 at 01:43 PM

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

We will be due 2 home 3 away. I'd say Celtic and Hibs at home and huns away are guaranteed. I'd expect Livi away  as  that's the tie we are due to play.

6th place spot is obv up for grabs. We would be due to face St Mirren away and that would balance it up nicely but due to face the other 2 at home though to balance the totals we would be due an away fixture.. it probably will just be a case of having to accept a 3rd away tie against either of them but occasionally an anomaly occurs where the fixtures cant be balanced. That happened to us a number of seasons back where we ended up playing 18 home matches and 20 away.......if it happens again hopefully this time we benefit

Aye if they can balance it then it will be those two at home and the rest away. 

Cheers 

30 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think it was gone when we lost to Livvie but if Hibs can let us back in then id be delighted

Probably right, 1 point out of 6 in those 2 games was a kick in the plums after we really should have won doon there.

The form since January tells the whole story though - we're clearly nae the 3rd best side in the league. As a remote positive, there's always the hibs factor in play...

Reading the article written about DC on the Cormack thread crystallises the situation we are in at the moment.

There is no doubt in my mind that someone in authority spoke to English before the Hibs game. Then we have the on/off DC Q &A session. All of which highlights the lack of control at the club at present.

I appreciate that, at one stage, securing 3rd place, and potentially 2nd place, was what should have been the goal. Now that neither is now likely it is high time DC proved that he is in control, especially when DM appears to have digs at each passing press conference.

To not do so, and allow the situation to fester further, would not appear to be a very wise move.

I appreciate that we beat Killie yesterday but Killie are mince and nothing should be read into a victory against them.

So in conclusion would expect DC to raise his head above the parapet soon, with DM's future a top priority. To leave situation in limbo to the summer would be potentially disastrous ?

18 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Reading the article written about DC on the Cormack thread crystallises the situation we are in at the moment.

There is no doubt in my mind that someone in authority spoke to English before the Hibs game. Then we have the on/off DC Q &A session. All of which highlights the lack of control at the club at present.

I appreciate that, at one stage, securing 3rd place, and potentially 2nd place, was what should have been the goal. Now that neither is now likely it is high time DC proved that he is in control, especially when DM appears to have digs at each passing press conference.

To not do so, and allow the situation to fester further, would not appear to be a very wise move.

I appreciate that we beat Killie yesterday but Killie are mince and nothing should be read into a victory against them.

So in conclusion would expect DC to raise his head above the parapet soon, with DM's future a top priority. To leave situation in limbo to the summer would be potentially disastrous ?

Isn’t that the lose mentality that the club is slated for time and again in here.

We’re 4 point behind Hibs, having to play them still. Win that game (which we are more than capable of and have shown this year), then we’re only 1 point behind them.

With 7 other games to go, are you advocating just giving up?

Im with you in that we need a managerial change, but that will be the summer, not likely before 

21 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Isn’t that the lose mentality that the club is slated for time and again in here.

We’re 4 point behind Hibs, having to play them still. Win that game (which we are more than capable of and have shown this year), then we’re only 1 point behind them.

Im with you in that we need a managerial change, but that will be the summer, not likely before 

Admire yer optimism min.

Next week should clarify matters further. Hibs play pish Motherwell at home whilst we are away at Celtic probably losing per usual. If both matches go against us Hibs will be 7 points ahead of us with a game in hand.

Much as I am a half glass full person cannot see our current team shape and form overturning such a deficit.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Hibs will go into the split with a minimum points lead of 6, quite probably more (add in another for far better goal difference). I reckon it’ll be 8 (9 with goal difference)... we have no chance of catching that up. 

If that’s the case, bite the bullet, get the new man in & see what he has & what he needs during the post split games.

That’s exactly what McInnes got. 

47 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Have the club done enough right now to warrant people renewing?

The product is shit, and it's worst football I can recall us playing at times.

Everyone gathered round and supported the club during Covid and not been to any games barring the selected few who got to sit with a mask on and sit and shut up and don't make noise.

We have supported by giving money for RedTV and buying merchandise from the club shop.

What have we got in return that deems it right for us to once again renew and give more? 

AberDNA of which what we can gather went to players (did it) and that marquee signing was James Wilson.

We are floundering right now and have 3 loan strikers being asked to do the business, and have 1 goal between them (cheers Hendry). We have no pre signings made, we don't see to have a plan. However, please renew...

Because the fans are the fucking idiots that clubs know  they can shaft and bank on them returning I know of no other industry that openly and blatantly treats its customers this way and expects, no. KNOWS they will come back for more again, and again, and again

However, whilst out for a walk this morning, bumped into two fellow Dons supporters this morning.

All three of us not planning to return to Pittodrie next season whilst the status quo remains.

I'm planning to play golf instead, one of the other guys would rather watch rugby and the other guy ain't going back until DM is gone.

Per this vote not overly conclusive but, if a sign of what is really going on in the support, must be a worry to DC.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Are you expecting us to take anything from Celtic next week? I'm not saying we won't but there's very little evidence to make anyone think that even taking a point is much more than a pipedream. Meanwhile Hibs are at home to an absolutely decimated Motherwell. And they also have a game in hand over us (v Coonty, albeit away)

It's just too big of a stretch to think that we will somehow be able to overhaul the potential lead they will have over us come the split. The only benefit in persisting with McInnes now is that each week that passes, his pay-off reduces by £17k

48 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Are you expecting us to take anything from Celtic next week? I'm not saying we won't but there's very little evidence to make anyone think that even taking a point is much more than a pipedream. Meanwhile Hibs are at home to an absolutely decimated Motherwell. And they also have a game in hand over us (v Coonty, albeit away)

It's just too big of a stretch to think that we will somehow be able to overhaul the potential lead they will have over us come the split. The only benefit in persisting with McInnes now is that each week that passes, his pay-off reduces by £17k

Am I expecting? No. Is it possible? Yes

Motherwell just got humped by St Johnstone, could they have a reaction? Maybe.

Hibs have a history of hissing it and have had some luck this season. Could they hit a bad patch? Maybe

look, it’s looking unlikely that we’ll finish 3rd, but it’s not impossible (yet) so nobody should be throwing in the towel yet.

12 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Hibs have a history of hissing it and have had some luck this season. Could they hit a bad patch? Maybe

look, it’s looking unlikely that we’ll finish 3rd, but it’s not impossible (yet) so nobody should be throwing in the towel yet.

Especially the players.

Makes no difference if supporters do.

15 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

It's nothing to do with any mentality.

It's based on reality.

The reality of us being shite, being managed by a gluepot and their lead being unassailable given those factors, the margin of their lead, and the fixture run-in.

By nature I am a bad loser.

However the mood is never as bad if the effort has been made and the better individual or team has won.

Simply said Aberdeen under DM have been on a downward spiral for the last 2 to 3 years and certainly since the 2017 cup final.

Hence watching some of the recent performances, barring an early season spell when Watkins was around, almost sends me into orbit.

In conclusion if our highly paid management team cannot affect the long term performance slide we are in then why is nothing being done about it at board level.

All I am asking for is to be entertained and, if we get entertained, then we might just might be more challenging in the league and potentially win cups.

Simply settling for a top 4 place and the odd run in a cup is a loser mentality.

Didnt get one this year due to financial reasons (worked in hospitality so wasn't able to justify the cost).

Want to get one for next season however if the management doesn't change or he doesn't change his tactics (highly unlikely) then I probs wont get one, a lot of money for a product that realistically not many of us would enjoy 

17 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Embarrassing thing is they have been on a bad patch. They were losing like fuck for most of December and January. We were just even worse and for longer. If we start actually winning games we will finish 3rd. Hibs are pish. But I don't see us doing what we need to do... which is the same reason we finished behind Motherwell and Killie

6 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

4th is nailed on imo.

We'll be 6-10 points behind hibs and a similar amount ahead of 5th.

4th for the 3rd season in a row and playing terrible football. Sack the fraud!

I'm not as convinced as you that 4th place is nailed on.

I'd say we probably need to win 6 (including Hibs) out of 8 games for 3rd.

I'd say we probably need to win 3 (including Livingston) out of 8th games for 5th

So one win from three against the top two and win all the other games and we'd take 3rd I think. Very unlikely but not impossible and might depend on what the other teams have to play for at the stage we play them. 

Three wins out of 8 required for fourth place. Quite likely but the form guide of this season would say we wont do it and 2/3rd of mcinnes post split record says we wont do it.

One game at a time I say. I take a defeat this weekend and still not thinking 4th is definite.

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm not as convinced as you that 4th place is nailed on.

I'd say we probably need to win 6 (including Hibs) out of 8 games for 3rd.

I'd say we probably need to win 3 (including Livingston) out of 8th games for 5th

So one win from three against the top two and win all the other games and we'd take 3rd I think. Very unlikely but not impossible and might depend on what the other teams have to play for at the stage we play them. 

Three wins out of 8 required for fourth place. Quite likely but the form guide of this season would say we wont do it and 2/3rd of mcinnes post split record says we wont do it.

One game at a time I say. I take a defeat this weekend and still not thinking 4th is definite.

Personally think that we will be lucky to win 2 of our remaining games, noting that, in general, we are normally pish after the split.

Cannot see the spirit of a low confidence side with so many players soon to be out of contract being high anyway.

If I had DC's megabucks I'd be punting DM after this Saturday's defeat and start preparing for next season soonest.

Wouldn't get too carried away about the European situation for now as we are currently so pish we would embarrass ourselves anyway.

40 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Personally think that we will be lucky to win 2 of our remaining games, noting that, in general, we are normally pish after the split.

Cannot see the spirit of a low confidence side with so many players soon to be out of contract being high anyway.

If I had DC's megabucks I'd be punting DM after this Saturday's defeat and start preparing for next season soonest.

Wouldn't get too carried away about the European situation for now as we are currently so pish we would embarrass ourselves anyway.

Any European campaign will certainly come with half a new squad onboard. Very likely (well hopefully) a new manager at the helm. And it will be a bit easier than the Europa League.

I suppose I should never underestimate our propensity to find a way of fucking things up though

42 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Still plenty work to do for 4th place, especially since we have Livingston away after the split. 

They’ve gone off the boil after getting to the Cup Final. One point from 9. 

Im not even sure Livi will finish 5th. It’s all about the cup final for them. 
I think they’ll lose & go on a poor run.

We’ll be as far ahead of 5th as we’ll be behind 3rd. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They’ve gone off the boil after getting to the Cup Final. One point from 9. 

Im not even sure Livi will finish 5th. It’s all about the cup final for them. 
I think they’ll lose & go on a poor run.

We’ll be as far ahead of 5th as we’ll be behind 3rd. 

That's a bold statement with our current form.  

They've been playing almost 2 different teams just now to rest players for Cup games. 

5th will likely get them Europe now so that will focus their minds 

The more I reflect on our ongoing poor form, the likely exodus of players at the end of the season and the last minute cancellation of a planned Q & A session the more I am convinced that DC will have decided to pay off DM at the season's end and attempt to replace him with a more appealing appointment.

You have two days to vote whether you believe change in the managerial approach, if any, will be sufficient enough to ensure a season ticket renewal.

As I say above I expect DM to be punted but am becoming increasingly concerned that his replacement will be underwhelming thus not being a significant enough change to merit renewal.

The question remains do you agree or disagree ?

Looking increasingly likely fans will be allowed back in next season even if it is reduced numbers but we will find out later today what the map out of it is supposed to look like. If it is reduced numbers then season ticket sales might hold up better than expected as that was the carrot this year that capacity would be in the region of 8k and that was cap to guarantee getting in.

Mind you no much use unless the pub is also open for pre/post match aperitifs 

As sometimes muted on the "Next Manager" thread I would not include Stephen Glass as the significant management change to persuade me to renew.

Relatively poor management record and absolutely no management experience in Scottish game, which would be one hell of a risky appointment.

The more the silence goes on via Agent Atlanta the more I reckon that DM will remain as manager post the summer into next season.

No idea how DC will dress that one up in search of season ticket sales and AberDNA donations but my golf clubs are ready to come out of the cupboard.

Imagine the scenes if either Robinson or Lennon rocks up at Pittodrie ?

The golf course surely beckons for me, unless DC's silence is fooling me and a top notch gaffer is ready to be announced in the summer.

Still reckon it'll be like an even pisher episode of the Masked Singer, where you don't really recognise the person when they're unmasked ?