Season Ticket Renewal - Yes or No?

Season Ticket Renewal - Yes or No?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Without any significant changes in the management of the club will you be renewing your season ticket?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/25/2021 at 01:43 PM

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's up to individuals whether they want to renew or not Woody. A lot of folk that renew will be as pissed off with the manager as you are. 

But everyone's reasons for renewing are different and a lot of the time will be linked to social time with their family or friends. 

Folk were renewing under McGhee or Paterson or Alex Miller. And they will renew again under McInnes if he's still here.  Managers pass through. Many fans want to follow their team through good and bad times. But it doesn't mean they are all happy with how the club or the team are performing. Far from it. 

Like I say I respect the opinions of others.

As you say everyone will have their reasons for renewing or not renewing.

The essence for my original question is that I sense that change is required and that a sizeable amount of season ticket holders, like me, will suspend further investment until such a time as the downward spiral of the last three to four years is reversed.

I totally respect folk that will continue to buy season tickets regardless of performance on the pitch, for many social based reasons.

I understand that.

However this summer is going to be a pivotal moment in the future direction of the club, something of which I think that we will all agree upon  

1 minute ago, Woody21 said:

Like I say I respect the opinions of others.

As you say everyone will have their reasons for renewing or not renewing.

The essence for my original question is that I sense that change is required and that a sizeable amount of season ticket holders, like me, will suspend further investment until such a time as the downward spiral of the last three to four years is reversed.

I totally respect folk that will continue to buy season tickets regardless of performance on the pitch, for many social based reasons.

I understand that.

However this summer is going to be a pivotal moment in the future direction of the club, something of which I think that we will all agree upon  

I totally respect someone's decision not to renew. 

This can work both ways though. 

Less revenue might force the board's hand to get rid of the manager. But by withdrawing funds it might also impact on the playing budget if the board are unwilling to fund the difference. 

Conversely,  something appraching normal revenues might actually give the board the reassurance they need that they can afford to pay him off.  Or lull them into a false sense of security to keep him for his final year. 

It's a knife edge situation imo, particularly with the uncertainties around the ongoing covid situation. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Less revenue might force the board's hand to get rid of the manager. But by withdrawing funds it might also impact on the playing budget if the board are unwilling to fund the difference. 

Conversely,  something appraching normal revenues might actually give the board the reassurance they need that they can afford to pay him off.  Or lull them into a false sense of security to keep him for his final year. 

It's a knife edge situation imo, particularly with the uncertainties around the ongoing covid situation. 

What you describe isnt knife edge, from my point of view. Keep McInnes or sack McInnes. Reduce, maintain or increase the playing budget. Makes no odds.

The league stays the same and Rangers or Celtic win it. Aberdeen remain one of the losers, the only thing that might be affected is what rank of loser we are, but we'll still be losers all the same. 

Fuck Scottish Football. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yep the pandemic is here for a significant period of time.

This vote may end up being a mute point, as we are perhaps unlikely to get into the matches for some time yet?

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

What you describe isnt knife edge, from my point of view. Keep McInnes or sack McInnes. Reduce, maintain or increase the playing budget. Makes no odds.

The league stays the same and Rangers or Celtic win it. Aberdeen remain one of the losers, the only thing that might be affected is what rank of loser we are, but we'll still be losers all the same. 

Fuck Scottish Football. 

Well that's another argument which I totally agree with. I'm as fed up with the return of the only show in town as anyone. 

Just now, Woody21 said:

This vote may end up being a mute point, as we are perhaps unlikely to get into the matches for some time yet?

I think change is inevitable in any case Woody. 

The squad will likely be downsized for next season and needs rebuilt anyway with so many going out of contract.  

You'd expect the board to be looking to the future now (surely to fuck anyway). He's got just over a year left and they'll be wanting to reduce the manager salary I'd have thought. Wouldn't see him wanting to stay under those circumstances anyway as his ego seems to be out of control these days. 

It's looking very similar to Calderwood's final days.  Likely budget cuts will mean a smaller squad and reliance on youth. They'll be wanting someone who can work in that type of environment and get the best out of youth.  My gut feel is that they'll make their move at the end of this season. 

I'm braced for a couple of tough years regardless of who is in charge though. We might have to go backwards before we go forwards again. 

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think change is inevitable in any case Woody. 

The squad will likely be downsized for next season and needs rebuilt anyway with so many going out of contract.  

You'd expect the board to be looking to the future now (surely to fuck anyway). He's got just over a year left and they'll be wanting to reduce the manager salary I'd have thought. Wouldn't see him wanting to stay under those circumstances anyway as his ego seems to be out of control these days. 

It's looking very similar to Calderwood's final days.  Likely budget cuts will mean a smaller squad and reliance on youth. They'll be wanting someone who can work in that type of environment and get the best out of youth.  My gut feel is that they'll make their move at the end of this season. 

I'm braced for a couple of tough years regardless of who is in charge though. We might have to go backwards before we go forwards again. 

Agree that the next few years are going to be tough, both for AFC and the country at large.

That said we simply cannot go forwards in such circumstances with an overpaid, egotistic management team.

However I often believe that the manager is the most important member of the team.

So the DM replacement will really require to be someone who is proven at developing youth, given that the playing budget is likely to be modest at best.

33 minutes ago, red kelly said:

if the swamp were drained ,id probably buy a ticket for that alone, sadly the 2 horse race shall always remain.

It only remains because us fans continue to play ball. 

If there were a coordinated approach by non old firm fans not to renew, until a commitment to a fairer league was made, then it would change.  We saw this in 2012, but let them off the hook. 

Unfortunately there are too many Uncle Toms in our and other supports for this to happen. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

The clubs finances are taking a big hit , we cut back on everything yet increase the playing budget ie managers , coaches and players wages. Live in the real world , we need to cut cloth to fit. I have never had a seasons ticket as it's not viable due to my work. Unlikely if I had one would I renew. Probably putting more money into afc than I ever did as I buy every ppv because I can watch it at work lol 

Edit - I wouldn't have renewed last year bar less this one.

4 minutes ago, BitWait said:

The clubs finances are taking a big hit , we cut back on everything yet increase the playing budget ie managers , coaches and players wages. Live in the real world , we need to cut cloth to fit. I have never had a seasons ticket as it's not viable due to my work. Unlikely if I had one would I renew. Probably putting more money into afc than I ever did as I buy every ppv because I can watch it at work lol 

Edit - I wouldn't have renewed last year bar less this one.

Yep in the real world folk are suffering wage cuts, redundancies etc. 

Meanwhile AFC continue to employ the overpaid, egotistic DM.

40 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha woody I like you so I'm going to be gentle here but "I often believe the manager is the most important part of the team "

Come on, really?

REALLY?

?.

Should have added "when the player budget is restricted and he has to earn his corn coaching and in youth development"

In such times a good manager is vital. Not so sure that DM's skill set marries up with what we now require ?

I wouldn't be underestimating the situation if I said tomorrow's match is 100% must win.

If we cannot beat an out of form Killie, albeit under new management, at home then even the Pie & Bovril "happy clappers" would have to be seriously debating DM's future.

As a betting man surely we must win by a couple of goals but, if we draw or even get beat, I shudder what will be said on here tomorrow evening.

I don't think I, personally, could handle another Red TV match day horror viewing ?.

?For a decent victory. 

Well the two teams with the joint worst 10 match form in the league served up the expected poor match.

Unfortunately beating an equally poor Killie team 1-0 does not change my view on matters.

The only positive I can take is we are a couple more points safer in 4th place, which isn't much to shout about.

Roll on the summer when change will surely come!!

27 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Well the two teams with the joint worst 10 match form in the league served up the expected poor match.

Unfortunately beating an equally poor Killie team 1-0 does not change my view on matters.

The only positive I can take is we are a couple more points safer in 4th place, which isn't much to shout about.

Celtic away, Hamilton at home and Dundee United away before the split. 

We should be good for a point or two there. 

Still worth to do to even get 4th 

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Celtic away, Hamilton at home and Dundee United away before the split. 

We should be good for a point or two there. 

Still worth to do to even get 4th 

L (0-2)

W (1-0)

D (0-0) 

4 points.

Meanwhile I think Hibs will get 8 points from 4 games before the split.

So we’ll be 8 behind going in to the split...no chance we’ll be 3rd. 

54 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

You'll never see free flowing fitba with a Tommy Wright team involved. I'll take the win and the fact the up til now fannies in red didnae capitulate on the physical side as positives. Faint praise aye, true nonetheless 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

L (0-2)

W (1-0)

D (0-0) 

4 points.

I'm more looking over my shoulder at 5th than forward to 3rd at the moment. 

Will we get 2 or 3*home games after the split? 

At the moment im expecting it to be

Celtic and St Mirren/United /St Johnstone at home 

Huns, Hibs and Livingston away? 

3 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

You'll never see free flowing fitba with a Tommy Wright team involved. I'll take the win and the fact the up til now fannies in red didnae capitulate on the physical side as positives. Faint praise aye, true nonetheless 

Aye it was just a battle today. 

The positive bit was the players stood up to it and didn't get bullied like I feared they might. That was some size of a team Wright fielded today. 

And Kamberi looked like he's going to be up for it. Good to have someone up there who knows his trade. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hibs surely be at home? 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

L (0-2)

W (1-0)

D (0-0) 

4 points.

We'd probably be looking for them to get only 6 points before the split and hope we can take 6 points too.

I think it was gone when we lost to Livvie but if Hibs can let us back in then id be delighted

We ain't going to finish third.

We are simply not good enough at present and the team confidence and shape is all wrong.

All games are winnable but of the 8 games remaining Hamilton at home and, perhaps, United away are the only ones I can see possibilities of 3 points.

Even the United game will give Shankland a chance to put a nail in DM's coffin. Now that would be ironic?

1 minute ago, Woody21 said:

We ain't going to finish third.

We are simply not good enough at present and the team confidence and shape is all wrong.

All games are winnable but of the 8 games remaining Hamilton at home and, perhaps, United away are the only ones I can see possibilities of 3 points.

Even the United game will give Shankland a chance to put a nail in DM's coffin. Now that would be ironic?

Just as well Anderson can't play against us for Hamilton. 

He'd be playing like a man possessed 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We will be due 2 home 3 away. I'd say Celtic and Hibs at home and huns away are guaranteed. I'd expect Livi away  as  that's the tie we are due to play.

6th place spot is obv up for grabs. We would be due to face St Mirren away and that would balance it up nicely but due to face the other 2 at home though to balance the totals we would be due an away fixture.. it probably will just be a case of having to accept a 3rd away tie against either of them but occasionally an anomaly occurs where the fixtures cant be balanced. That happened to us a number of seasons back where we ended up playing 18 home matches and 20 away.......if it happens again hopefully this time we benefit