Next Season's Manager

Who should be in charge of Dons when we start next season?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be in charge of Dons when we start next season?

2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Exactly. Look at good will McInnes lost after speaking to the huns. It was the beginning of the end for him.

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Speaking to them didn’t hurt him per se.  Spunking 6 crucial points to them at the same time and not appearing overly bothered about it is wot fucked him.  And rightly so.

Of course it did. He's lifted his skirt at any club that showed an interest. When he's realised how easy it was with us compared to the other clubs, he shat it. 

23 minutes ago, NEM said:

Read a report earlier saying they reckon it'll hit $78 in week or two.  Seems to be plenty O&G jobs on the go just now as well.  

Oil price may well be on increase at present but O & G Industry is in decline. Cost cutting still going on in background which leads to less likelihood of cash available for corporate entertainment.

With all the current press regarding being environmentally friendly the once huge appetite to drill for oil will not be so great at the years go by.

Yes the industry will be around for now but wouldn't imagine that monies for corporate entertainment will not be readily available as they once were. Even if they were not convinced that AFC can guarantee being first in the queue, given the current product and management down Pittodrie way?

13 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Oil price may well be on increase at present but O & G Industry is in decline. Cost cutting still going on in background which leads to less likelihood of cash available for corporate entertainment.

With all the current press regarding being environmentally friendly the once huge appetite to drill for oil will not be so great at the years go by.

Yes the industry will be around for now but wouldn't imagine that monies for corporate entertainment will not be readily available as they once were. Even if they were not convinced that AFC can guarantee being first in the queue, given the current product and management down Pittodrie way?

See how much of a fuck is given by oil companies about that if a barrel hits $100 again ?

9 minutes ago, NEM said:

See how much of a fuck is given by oil companies about that if a barrel hits $100 again ?

Perhaps. But from my past experiences in the industry $100+ prices don't last, especially with the Saudis, Iranians and Russians looking after their own interests.

Hope you are right though........

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Rubbish

It was the fact he talked to them that got all those with inferiority complexes beelin

Is it an inferiority complex when over 180 minutes we are shown to be clearly, em, inferior.

And that’s without looking at some very interesting choices made in those particular games...

”...and coming on for Aberdeen (for I think his debut ?) Daniel Harvie.”  Eh?

And hump THEM for 6 points at a crucial part of the league and no ones really giving a fuck that he spoke to them.

6 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Two Andy Gorams? Looks like we have four Derek Mcinnes

To be fair they only make up about 4.5% of the vote. 

I suppose the million dollar question would be Derek McInnes or a known individual.

If the individual was Stephen Glass for example, you’d maybe get more than 4 voting for McInnes.

The fact the poll is McInnes or “anyone else” means the folk voting against have their choice in mind. 

3 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Before the Pandemic you couldn't give away corporate tickets, I had 4 box places through work for Ross county game and couldn't get any clients or workmates to go, ended up taking my Loon and a couple of mates, the common word was don't want to see that shite even though it was free

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be fair they only make up about 4.5% of the vote. 

I suppose the million dollar question would be Derek McInnes or a known individual.

If the individual was Stephen Glass for example, you’d maybe get more than 4 voting for McInnes.

The fact the poll is McInnes or “anyone else” means the folk voting against have their choice in mind. 

I don't have a specific choice in mind. Mcinnes is stale and his time is up, it's worth the gamble. 

10 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Before the Pandemic you couldn't give away corporate tickets, I had 4 box places through work for Ross county game and couldn't get any clients or workmates to go, ended up taking my Loon and a couple of mates, the common word was don't want to see that shite even though it was free

Before the pandemic, McInnes was heading for the exit door. 

14 hours ago, Donmacca said:

While I would like to see McInnes gone,  I think Cormack and the the board are a bunch of spineless prices and he'll start next season. 

The one thing that gives give me hope he's  gone is how quiet things are around pre contracts etc. Massive rebuild still in the summer without even a hint of anyone coming in. 

You’ve just answered your own question.

Other than McLennan (no offence to the lad but, fuck sakes......) no one decent has renewed their contract. And no new players on pre contracts.

He’s 100% gone in the summer, but, despite us being within touching distance of a shitey Hibs team, would not surprise me if he’s gone early this week.

The reason for Cormack leaking the story to Tom English and Richard Gordon before the Hibs game, and the purpose of it? And the subsequent about turn? We’ll never know but events have taken a far deeper turn since then and now is the time.

If I was a betting man, I’d probably place my 50p on him going in the summer but with each remaining week, the odds on him departing before then are shortening. Anybody suggesting he’ll be here next season is living in cuckoo land.

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

You’ve just answered your own question.

Other than McLennan (no offence to the lad but, fuck sakes......) no one decent has renewed their contract. And no new players on pre contracts.

He’s 100% gone in the summer, but, despite us being within touching distance of a shitey Hibs team, would not surprise me if he’s gone early this week.

The reason for Cormack leaking the story to Tom English and Richard Gordon before the Hibs game, and the purpose of it? And the subsequent about turn? We’ll never know but events have taken a far deeper turn since then and now is the time.

If I was a betting man, I’d probably place my 50p on him going in the summer but with each remaining week, the odds on him departing before then are shortening. Anybody suggesting he’ll be here next season is living in cuckoo land.

Nobody knows who leaked the story. If you believe other rumours it's Cormack and Milne protecting DmC from the American investors. 

He will be away at the end of the season though, I certainly hope. 

18 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I certainly think its bumped us over the line from "careful what we wish for" to "fuck this, cant get any worse."

No, definitely couldn't get much worse than the 2021:

2 wins from 13,

1 goal in last 9

P13 W2 D5 L6 F5 A10

Goal Difference this year -(MINUS) 5

All of those draws are 0-0s

The above should really keep those who say "McInnes is the best we can get" quiet, but it won't.  

3 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

No, definitely couldn't get much worse than the 2021:

2 wins from 13,

1 goal in last 9

P13 W2 D5 L6 F5 A10

Goal Difference this year -(MINUS) 5

All of those draws are 0-0s

The above should really keep those who say "McInnes is the best we can get" quiet, but it won't.  

And for all those 0-0s, Hibs have still conceded less than us this season. 

25 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

And for all those 0-0s, Hibs have still conceded less than us this season. 

The 4-1 humping from Yogis Ross County didn't help. Yogi is doing a better job than McInnes with a far less capable side:

Yogi vs McInnes 2021:

ROSS COUNTY

PL10 W4 D1 L5 F13 A18  

Goal Difference -5 

Points - 13

ABERDEEN

PL13 W2 D5 L6 F5 A10

Goal Difference -5 

Points - 11.

They've more points in 2021 than us and played less games. 

And, crucially, they battered us 4-1. 

9 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I unfortunately think because of the Milne golden handcuffs contract we are stuck with Del till at least December 2021, the board are in no position to pay him and the back room team off.

Cormack seems to be a lot more in tune with what the fans are saying that Milne ever was. He'll be WELL AWARE that the majority don't want McInnes there next season. I really don't see McInnes staying past summer. I think they'll come to a settlement and he'll be gone long before pre-season kicks off. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae worries min.  Thought it was maybe me that got confused.   Just makes our recent record look even worse when Ross County have managed to win 40% of their last ten games. 

Makes a mockery of the fans who shout "WHO WOULD YOU GET IN INSTEAD?! WHOS BETTER?" on Social Media when you look at how shite we've been compared to someone like John Hughes, a man most wouldn't want anywhere near Pittodrie.  

Disclaimer - I do not want Hughes as manager!. I actually really like the guy though, he's got a personality unlike Lennon, McInnes, Ross, Gerrard etc.