Next Season's Manager

Who should be in charge of Dons when we start next season?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be in charge of Dons when we start next season?

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well if it costs 750k to pay him off then that's approximately 2000 lost season tickets so the numbers might start to add up soon. 

Or 1000 lost annual DNA subscriptions plus 1500 season tickets. 

Not unrealistic numbers when you start to break it down 

He'll take a high percentage of that and leave I think. No way we'll be paying that contract off in full. If he says no, sack the cunt for gross mismanagement. 

29 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

He'll take a high percentage of that and leave I think. No way we'll be paying that contract off in full. If he says no, sack the cunt for gross mismanagement. 

Aye I think we'll negotiate as well.  He might get 2/3.  Still a good deal for him. Gets 2/3 of next year's salary for doing nothing and can top up his wages with media work until he gets another management gig 

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well if it costs 750k to pay him off then that's approximately 2000 lost season tickets so the numbers might start to add up soon. 

Or 1000 lost annual DNA subscriptions plus 1500 season tickets. 

Not unrealistic numbers when you start to break it down 

The only issue I can see with that is that the downturn in season tickets would probably be chalked up to covid rather than McInnes if fans still aren't allowed to attend games by the start of next season.

Once Glasgow sees a spike in cases after the hun shambles at the weekend, it wouldn't surprise me to see Sturgeon further delay everything again.

52 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Cormack seems to be a lot more in tune with what the fans are saying that Milne ever was. He'll be WELL AWARE that the majority don't want McInnes there next season. I really don't see McInnes staying past summer. I think they'll come to a settlement and he'll be gone long before pre-season kicks off. 

I cant see the point in waiting until summer, why wouldnt the board act now, give a new manager 6 games to assess the squad and make plans for a pre season and hit the ground running at the start of the new season

2 minutes ago, RedForever said:

I cant see the point in waiting until summer, why wouldnt the board act now, give a new manager 6 games to assess the squad and make plans for a pre season and hit the ground running at the start of the new season

Agree IF IF IF we can get the man we want.  Little point shoe horning in a Tommy Wright, Yogi Hughes uninspiring type especially if compensation was also involved.  Job 1.  Get a side capable of being decent (ok recognising each other would be a start) for the Euro qualifiers.  Job 2.  Arrange friendlies to help you do that, even if it’s scudding Elgin Huntly Peterhead Broch for 6 or 7 apiece.

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

Makes a mockery of the fans who shout "WHO WOULD YOU GET IN INSTEAD?! WHOS BETTER?" on Social Media when you look at how shite we've been compared to someone like John Hughes, a man most wouldn't want anywhere near Pittodrie.  

Disclaimer - I do not want Hughes as manager!. I actually really like the guy though, he's got a personality unlike Lennon, McInnes, Ross, Gerrard etc. 

I like Hughes too. 

I actually would take him as our manager but only in a very specific instance. That being if we found ourselves close to/actually bottom of the league after Xmas and we have just fired the manager who took us there. Actually pretty much the same circumstance that County appointed him in. He has enough knowledge how to set a side up to avoid long losing streaks and actually do so playing decent football to watch. Hopefully such a circumstance never occurs though