Next seasons kit

• 7 months later...
2 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

With the cost of living criss we are in all clubs should be keeping kits for at least 2 seasons.

Oh hold on , that would mean showing concern for fans, and not viewing them solely as cash cows.

As you were!!!

Totally agree. Rotating new home and away strips every year is plenty. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

With the cost of living criss we are in all clubs should be keeping kits for at least 2 seasons.

Oh hold on , that would mean showing concern for fans, and not viewing them solely as cash cows.

As you were!!!

Where do you think the finances come from to develop the club, the moon?

Selling merchandise is a major revenue stream.

3 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Does anyone know how much the club actually make from the sale of new kits every year ?  I would imagine this years kit was a big seller.   
Clubs are always going to change kits every season for commercial reasons.  Maybe if the club charged a couple of quid a month for Juniors DNA the they could throw in a top with the deal.  
Adidas have announced prices will increase by 10% for replica kits this season so an adult top will be £60+..  that’s extortionate for effectively a t-shirt.  At least there was only 2 kits.  I think the victims are on their 4th this season.. 

3 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Does anyone know how much the club actually make from the sale of new kits every year ?  I would imagine this years kit was a big seller.   
Clubs are always going to change kits every season for commercial reasons.  Maybe if the club charged a couple of quid a month for Juniors DNA the they could throw in a top with the deal.  
Adidas have announced prices will increase by 10% for replica kits this season so an adult top will be £60+..  that’s extortionate for effectively a t-shirt.  At least there was only 2 kits.  I think the victims are on their 4th this season.. 

£60 isn't dear at all for a tshirt, surely?

32 minutes ago, Millertime said:

£60 isn't dear at all for a tshirt, surely?

It seems quite a lot on the surface... but if you wear it 100 times that's only 60p per wear. The idea of paying £80 for a pair of trainers still seems mad to me, but if you wear them every day for a year that's just 21p a day and mine usually last 3 or 4 years. By contrast, you go out for a meal and it's £20 or £30 and once it's eaten it's eaten.

Some middle aged observations for you.

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

It seems quite a lot on the surface... but if you wear it 100 times that's only 60p per wear. The idea of paying £80 for a pair of trainers still seems mad to me, but if you wear them every day for a year that's just 21p a day and mine usually last 3 or 4 years. By contrast, you go out for a meal and it's £20 or £30 and once it's eaten it's eaten.

Some middle aged observations for you.

You still wearing your Woolworths 4 stripes? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You do know the club & adidas don’t force anyone to buy the new kits?

10 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

They virtually do.

When a youngster wants a kit it’s very difficult for parents to say no.

10 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

There should be a happy medium.

Change the home & away strips every season. But bring out a third strip with the promise it won't be changed for at least two years, so those less well off can buy that one and their kids are still in the latest strip. 

20 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Aye over priced at a lot of it, 

Fucking clubs play in thick as fuck fans , with no fucking sense, that's the way it works , says more about the folk buying than the clubs selling.

43 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Something for Roberts, Morris and Richardson to do to earn their keep. 

Richardson.....makes them quickly but the end product is disappointing.

Roberts........stitches his left hand onto one of the shirts and goes off sick for 3 months

Morris.......manages to make a complete batch of green AFC home shirts

• Haha 1