Welcome back Stephen Glass

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

That seems tough to fit in with a tune.
Fit's the tune min?

Perhaps:

He'll break your legs with a baseball bat, Declan, Declan

He'll break your legs with a baseball bat, Declan Gallagher

Declan Gallagher, Declan Gallagher, he'll break your legs with a baseball bat, Declan Gallagher*

To the tune of "who put the ball in the Celtic net, Joey, Joey" etc

Racist ?

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Meant the Camptown races tune ?

I had nae idea fit you meant to be honest.

Hence nae remark on it.

Still nae idea fit you are spikking aboot. ?

Guess - racist applies to "race" bit in song title.

Soz, didnae ken the song title.

Though it does appear a bit gay to know that. ?

• Haha 1

Got taught "Camptown Races" in primary 4 (1974/5)

Had to copy the words down into our jotters from the blackboard.............sorry chalkboard as it is now referred to as.

Then had to sing the fucker at the end of year soiree (every class had to do a turn). 

The teacher would get struck off and the school get a horrific official rating if they dared teach anyone that song now. 

40 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Had to copy the words down into our jotters from the blackboard.............sorry chalkboard as it is now referred to as.

Then had to sing the fucker at the end of year soiree (every class had to do a turn). 

The teacher would get struck off and the school get a horrific official rating if they dared teach anyone that song now. 

Loved Lenny Henry’s Chalky ?

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

What are we supposed to call white boards now (or is that one still OK?)

11 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

What are we supposed to call white boards now (or is that one still OK?)

My daughter came home from nursery the other week where they'd taught her the new version of Baa baa black sheep. 

Baa baa pink sheep, have you any spots 

Yes sir, yes sir, lots and lots 

Some on my fingers, some on my toes

Some on the end of my little fluffy nose. 

Going to make learning biology a bit harder now. 

42 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

My daughter came home from nursery the other week where they'd taught her the new version of Baa baa black sheep. 

Surely 'pink sheep'  is racist against us gammon honkys? 

I was critical of Glass appointment, and have been regularly critical of DC in general.

However credit where credit is due. We have scored 14 goals in 6 games so far this season.

We scored 14 goals in our last 23 games last season ?.

The object of the game is to score more than the opposition so no complaints so far this season from me.

If shot shy Hamilton can give Raith a 4 goal start and still grab a draw I reckon a weakened Dons side can still grab a decent victory tomorrow... 

On 8/9/2021 at 3:10 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Sounds like Pink sheep has picked up an STI. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, Glass has got off to an almost flawless start

The fact he was mouthing off to the breidblik manager too, a side to him I didn't think he had

Absolutely brilliant 

And he was booked vs Hacken was it for mouthing off at someone?

He’s gonna spend some time in the stands this season I think.

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You utterly pathetic looking, narrow shouldered little poultice excuse for a man

Thats on you today with not learning anything at all from making 7 changes to our team

AND for thinking the 4th choice Atlanta right back was good enough for us

Bloody BOOOOOOOOOO you midget clown 

You really are a prize twat aren’t you. 

• Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You utterly pathetic looking, narrow shouldered little poultice excuse for a man

Thats on you today with not learning anything at all from making 7 changes to our team

AND for thinking the 4th choice Atlanta right back was good enough for us

Bloody BOOOOOOOOOO you midget clown 

So angry about this.We should never be rotating more than 2/3 players. Raith must of been well up for it after seeing team sheet.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:07 AM, Woody21 said:

I was critical of Glass appointment, and have been regularly critical of DC in general.

However credit where credit is due. We have scored 14 goals in 6 games so far this season.

We scored 14 goals in our last 23 games last season ?.

The object of the game is to score more than the opposition so no complaints so far this season from me.

If shot shy Hamilton can give Raith a 4 goal start and still grab a draw I reckon a weakened Dons side can still grab a decent victory tomorrow... 

Raith giving us a goal start and still winning is very, very poor form.

Only positive that can be taken is if our starting players on Thursday are sufficiently rested to get a result.

If we ultimately qualify for Euro group stages then today's result can be potentially forgiven. If we don't then it will look like our best opportunity for silverware has been wasted in favour of potential progress in Europe.

Come a week on Thursday Glass's initial honeymoon period in charge will be over.

Will we still be in Europe and will we have secured a decent result at Tynecastle?

I certainly hope so on both counts and am prepared to write today as a bad day at the office, as long as a few lessons have been learned.