Fuck Dave Cormack

5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

This appointment may or may not be a disaster, but in the immediate future all it has done is let us know we can't trust a word that comes out of Cormack's mouth.

Due prawcess to go through 100's of applications and Glass just happened to be the best one? Was he fuck.

With Neil available he had to rush it through. Offering it to Neil with the risk of being turned down would have made Glass an anti-climactic second choice.

3 hours ago, The_Next_Legend said:

I get your points.

My opinion is it is a joke and the whole situation is a shambles. Maybe I am pre mature on my views but it's firmly what I'm believing just now.

Glass might be a terrific manager, Cormack has maybe played a blinder - but he's completely lied to us, if Glass was always going to the be man in charge, why come out and say you're considering other managers when it's clear as day you're not.

Glass's tenure has absolutely nothing to scream about, his record is shite and there's far better proven managers out there. The fact Cormack is away to hire him is a joke IMO.

Your rant was anything but mature mate. 

I'm not hugely happy with the appointment, but give the guy a chance ffs. 

It's clear Glass and Cormack have been sitting watching the games together for a couple of years with SG constantly saying this clown is shite I could do 100 times better, and Dave eventually during one of the Christmas fixtures (i'd take a guess at the new years 0-0 v dundee utd) said fuck it ok you can take the job next season. I'll tell Derek he's not signing anybody and then give him the dunt in May

None of us really know how this will go, for all we know it may be a great move. I just want to see what kind of football he plays for the rest of the season and take it from there. He is a former player with no allegiances to either of Tims or Huns, he has come from s different country and hopefully has fresh ideas. time will tell though

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

The 12 interviews was clearly a heap of bollocks

Graham Hunter was clearly on the money when he said he knew who the new manager was.

McInnes had to go and hopefully we can do something next season as the last thing anyone wants is folk harping on about mcinnes would have been better.

I think the board will back glass and co with some decent players this summer.

Yep, 100% Hunter knew and probably had spoken to Glass prior to his backtrack.  As others had suggested, he probably received an angry phone call shortly after his radio appearance, from Cormack.

I think the point the OP is making is that Cormack was “at best” economical with the truth last week. The decision was largely made already despite the chairman denying this. It’s not a great idea to try and pull the wool over our sheepy eyes. 

Absolute best of luck to Glass and whoever his team will be. Hopefully Cormack has pulled off a master stroke with this appointment. 

Not sure why Cormack has gone though the pretence of going through a process. 

Why did he not just say I am appointing Glass. He is my man and it's my investment in the club. 

Not everyone would have been happy but trying to pretend there was a process and Glass was the best man who applied just makes him look stupid and pisses off the fans. 

All the best to Glass and 100% hope Cormack has got it right.

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

What if he did go through his process and Glass was the best?

Then the quality of applications were not as high as hoped then. 

No way Glass had the best CV  but Sir Alex did say that the chairman/manager relationship was very important and trauma may have swung it for Glass. 

Not going to dent your enthusiasm MT. I am happy to support the appointment, just feel some fans have been pissed off by the process.

4 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

I think the point the OP is making is that Cormack was “at best” economical with the truth last week. The decision was largely made already despite the chairman denying this. It’s not a great idea to try and pull the wool over our sheepy eyes. 

Absolute best of luck to Glass and whoever his team will be. Hopefully Cormack has pulled off a master stroke with this appointment. 

Essentially Glass was the preferred candidate, possibly having discussed for some time in Atlanta about the possibility of taking over.

It would seem that Glass’s philosophy is aligned with Cormack’s, so now is the time to see if he can deliver what he is offering.

We need to give him time, there is a lot of change to come and it will take time to implement. I would guess that Cormack must be prepared to give him some financial backing but with a balance that the squad will utilise the youth more as well.

We should be able to put together a strong first 11, but expect the youth to get more opportunity as well. I have no problem with that.

19 hours ago, RUL said:

The only thing I'd say is from a mental health perspective Alex Neil was nowhere near ready to join us after Preston. His last interview was about how he was away to hide under the covers for days. He definitely had the looks of someone who needs a break from football. 

Glass will look suave as fuck when we see him later. It'll be a good few months of watching Ash Taylor before he's broken. 

Ash Taylor is the least of our problems. One of few who's had pass marks in recent months

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1

I'm going to give it a chance. Whatever anyone thinks of Cormack, he is no fool and knows both his reputation AND legacy are stacked in getting this right. Whether Glass's appointment has been on the cards ever since he became Chairman or not, there seems to be a firm consensus among us that McInnes's time was up (some, like myself, think that time was at least one and a half seasons ago).

Despite his lack of top level experience, I can say that he doesn't seem the type who would be happy with 4th in the league 3 years running, exiting Europe in the 3rd round every year and just 1 trophy in 8 years. Let's see if his ability matches his ambition. He deserves his chance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It seems fairly obvious with hindsight that Cormack's arrival signaled the end of McInnes, and McInnes was aware of that pretty early on. 

His failure to change tactics significantly, his uninspiring signings, his excuses-by-rote after match interviews, and the complete lack of all enthusiasm for the job was a clear message that he was done, even before it all came to a head this year.

Sheerin's failure to apparently give much of a fuck either seems to show that he also knew he wasn't getting the job, and that whatever happened during his time in charge was irrelevant to the outcome. So he didn't even bother to change things up, instead just sending out a McInnes team right down to the exact timing McInnes would be making his like for like and pointless substitutions. Then his 'I don't really give a fuck' post defeat interview... puzzling at the time, but making perfect sense now. 

Cormack's clearly been blowing smoke up our arses regarding interviewing folk for the job, since Glass was almost certainly the only candidate from day one. And presumably the recently sacked management team picked up on that. 

But knowing what we know now, McInnes was simply a dead man walking, so for sure he gave no fucks. 

If you know you're getting punted as soon as your new boss gets the chance you're probably not going to do your best work. You're going to hang around for your pay-off, and do the bare minimum in the meantime. 

Will be interested if the energetic McInnes who won the League Cup will re-emerge when he finds another gig.

spacer.png

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1